How should AvP gone down ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 21, 2007, 09:53:57 AM

Author
How should AvP gone down ? (Read 9,811 times)

SM

SM

QuoteI think it's the mouth, it has a bit a excess slip which gives it arch look, when it suppose to be concave.

Did the orginal have upper teeth?  Or did the AvP mob just have a bit of an overbite going on?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

Before AVP, the movies had only the buck teeth look, but the comics had some with upper teeth. Personally I like the upper teeth addition. 

SM

SM

Dunno.  Once again (as per the Queens walk) as an effect, no biggy, but it just doesn't quite look right.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

the slip could have been fixed, I didn't notice it at first since I thought the the new face design was pretty cool. It bugs a me a bit, but like you said no biggie.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

yeah, like I said, it was done pretty good, just a little slip, doesnt really bother me, but since this a 'what should have been different' thread, I listed it.

Oh yeah, and the preds design should have been like the originals, and their behavior made them seem more like big people with awesome weapons, rather than an alien intergalactic hunter.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

well I think Ian Whyte did a pretty good job, considering this was one of his first acting performances.

you know if AVP kept the sleek original looking Preds instead of the buff look, we would probably get something like the Mcfarlane AVP toys.(which IMO would have been better)

stickaround

stickaround

Now i hope that wasn't me you were referring to before SM ! When it's a reaonable question and honest answers are given i have no probs with that.

But everyones getting off track here again, this subject was supposed to throw up ideas for AvP films not go over the pros and cons of the first one.

What the hell !

stickaround

stickaround

SM

The first part of that message referred to your post on the Unrated AvP subject as i think you were expecting me to have a comeback !

Regarding the queen, if you buy the alien quad on dvd and watch the special featrures on aliens you'll see what i'm talking about, i'm not just a pred fan

Dachande

Dachande

Thing is, you cant say what you would improve without saying what was bad... your jumping on the AvP defense again

stickaround

stickaround

Again, you're completely missing the point and i keep having to repeat myself here !!!

I guess the way i put the subject is confusing people although i have made it pretty clear ! I'm not defending AvP at all, this subject was supposed to be for ideas of how AvP could have been made. Alot of people weren't happy with it so i wanted to know how they would have liked to see it done.

Basically, given the same budget as Paul Anderson how would you have done it ?

This doesn't mean picking apart AvP, saying what you liked / disliked, would have improved upon etc as this was Paul Andersons vision. To use that as a template for how you would have done it and then changing a few things, is slightly contradictory don't you think ? doesn't take a genius to do that !

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

Basically, given the same budget as Paul Anderson how would you have done it ?

what if I didn't think the movie needed to be change, except in couple of minor things ?

and since you're the only one who knows what he or she is talking about, maybe you can provide us with an example then ?

stickaround

stickaround

It's more of a question for people who didn't like the film to come up with ideas of how they think it could have been done ?

I personally enjoyed it, although i was disappointed a true unrated version wasn't filmed

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

still I think the ppl who enjoy the movie and still held a few gripes, should be able to voice their opinion too, don't you agree ?

stickaround

stickaround

Absolutely

This subject hasn't really worked out how i wanted but as they say in Pred 2 "Shit appens !"

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

neither has my book thread, but w/e that's the hand you're dealt with.

back to topic, I wish they could have fixed the excess mouth slips.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed