How should AvP gone down ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 21, 2007, 09:53:57 AM

Author
How should AvP gone down ? (Read 9,766 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

It was the little things that made AvP bittersweet. The actors left something to be desired, and there was very little backstory and building of the characters. They killed off two of the preds in like a 5 min period BY THE SAME ALIEN! They were both cool deaths respectivly, but c'mon. Gills death was alright, no real complaints there (except the tails length) but the pred (celtic) should have won his fight, or had a different fight prior to that one that it won. On that, the Celtic / Grid fight was pretty much the only Pred v. Alien fight, untill the big queen fight. The plasma canon was moot, Scar managed to kill 3 aliens with it (which was actually a pretty cool scene, IMO) but then lost it before it was ever used again.

I think that a Grid v. Scar melee fight (ala Celtic v. Grid) was very much desireable aswell, with Scar the victor, of course.

The infamous 'team-up' was... corny. It could have been done much better than it was, there was just something about the way Scar and Lex interacted that I hate, how the communicated and such, it would have been better to just have her sorta tag along and him more or less ignore her as he had bigger concerns and wasnt there for her.

I would have liked to see more pred hunting, which could have been done better during the surface Pred v. Drill team scene, which would have also built tension and given some much needed length to the film. Also this could have been just the filler needed so that there was a better amount of time for the alien cycle (from egg to adult) which happened in like 10 mins.

The aliens should have been built better, knocking out people one by one, also building tension and building up the alien. On that, the characters reaction to the aliens was poor. There wasn't enough surpise or confussion on what the hell it was, and not nearly enough fear portrayed by the characters towards them. Again, some filler for the movie could have been a moment where the people managed to get away and discuss what the hell just happened in some momentary safty, like traped in a room before another pyramid shift.

The Queen was done fairly well, IMO, but was just a bit to much like a Jurassic Park T-Rex, rather than an 'Aliens' Queen. Also the way they 'killed' her. They could have done something like Scar managing to land a killing blow with some weapon when the queen had impailed him and brought him up to her face.

The pred ship was too different and clean cut compared to what was seen in P2.

thats all I can think of that should have been different, at least for now.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Queen was done fairly well, IMO, but was just a bit to much like a Jurassic Park T-Rex, rather than an 'Aliens' Queen.

The problem there was she moved just like a JP t-rex.  Taking the lead from Aliens - and f**k knows why they didn't - she should've moved with her legs more spread out, like the original Queen.  For one it looks like she's actually quite heavy and two, it's how Queens move for Chrisakes!!

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^I guess it wasn't so obvious for Paul since" he's the Aliens 1# fan".  ;D

SM

SM

I only just figured it out for myself to be honest.  But then I'm not being paid to notice these things like Anderson and the ADI boys.

Mores the pity...

stickaround

stickaround

You're at it again guys ! This isn't an AvP bashing link ?! It's supposed to be an opportunity for interesting ideas of how AvP could have been done differently.

SM

SM

And that's what we're doing.

You can't discuss how it could've been done differently without pointing out the flaws.

Do try and at least least attempt to keep up.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I said what I would have liked to see done differently, but in order to do such you also need to say what was done wrong and why.

stickaround

stickaround

SM

Why can't you ? ;D Haven't you got the intelligence to think of an original idea without pointing out, again and again and again what you didn't like about AvP ?? All you do is criticise, this link isn't about how the queen walked !! (and the queen in AvP is how james cameron would have had it given the technology)

I should obviously have made this subject clearer so you could keep up, it's not a question about what you'd change about AvP but how you would have liked to have seen it made !!!!!

It's easy, for example : AvP could have been done in the future on an alien planet with human colonists in the mix and then expand on this idea.

Eideotemit

Please read 2nd paragraph above (i have no beef with you by the way, myself And SM don't see eye to eye on AvP so have various amusing arguments !)

SM

SM

QuoteAll you do is criticise, this link isn't about how the queen walked !!

Ask me if I give a shit.

I notice you don't have a go at Eidotemit who actually brought the Queen up in the first place.  ::)

Quote(and the queen in AvP is how james cameron would have had it given the technology)

Like you'd know.

Quoteit's not a question about what you'd change about AvP but how you would have liked to have seen it made !!!!!

IN that case I'd like to have seen it made with a Queen that walks like Queens are supposed to walk.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

You're at it again guys ! This isn't an AvP bashing link ?! It's supposed to be an opportunity for interesting ideas of how AvP could have been done differently.

Dude I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoyed AVP, cause one I was only intrested in the creatures themselves and I knew the humans would more or less be cannon fodder, and 2 I knew there wouldn't much plot with Paul directing.

Do try and at least least attempt to keep up.

SM that's a bit mean... ::)  :D

IN that case I'd like to have seen it made with a Queen that walks like Queens are supposed to walk.

the queen walk didn't bother me but then again I wasn't paying attention to the alien my focus was on Scar and the other Predator actions, if I could have change the movie I deftinly would have add much more of a timeframe with the action, most of the duels didn't last 5 mins.

SM

SM

Quotethe queen walk didn't bother me but then again I wasn't paying attention to the alien my focus was on Scar and the other Predator actions

The walk bothered me because it wasn't consistent with what we've seen before and as Eido mentioned, it looked like something out of Jurassic Park rather than an Alien.  That said, the effects in AvP were generally pretty good.  The Queen didn't look bad as a special effect, just inconsistent as a creature.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

surpringly I wasn't bother with the buff look of the AVP Preds that most fans hated and I still think the costume/ mask animatronic were really good. IMO we see a lot of emotion in Scar that you haven't seen in the other 2 Preds before.

SM

SM

Not really being a Predator fan I only had a problem when Scar took his mask off.  Something didn't look right, and it wasn't till I could compare pictures of the originals did I realise it was the teeth.  Otherwise the Predators were fine by me.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I think it's the mouth, it has a bit a excess slip which gives it arch look, when it suppose to be concave. Other then that I had no complaints.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Griffith on Feb 25, 2007, 07:00:37 PM
..i hate FOX..

To quote the Simpsons:

Homer: What is this *bleep*?
Voice on Telephone: FOX, down 8 points.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed