Gamespot Exclusive Trailer

Started by ikarop, Aug 23, 2011, 03:07:07 PM

Author
Gamespot Exclusive Trailer (Read 60,611 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Sep 02, 2011, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: Gate on Sep 02, 2011, 11:23:03 AM
Am I the only one slighly disappointed on my first analysis of the trailer?

Half of what I see came STRAIGHT From Alien vs Predator 2010, which I hoped to God they wouldn't incorporate too much. The Alien's movements, the sounds, how some of it plays.
I'm rather worried about their short-sizes, their quadrupedal movements and their role as cannon fodder.
Also, they came out of vents and shafts like they did in AvP2010, openly, to be blasted off by pulse rifles.
I agree with your first two points, both need to be addressed ASAP, but I disagree with the rest. We saw what? One, two Aliens getting blasted? The rest of the trailer showed them literally slaughtering the Marines. You gotta admit they've never been portrayed like this in a game trailer before. Very much in line with their movie-counterparts.

I hope their quadrupedal movement is kept to a minimum and contextually appropriate. Not like how it was in AVP when they were ALWAYS on all fours. Even spike, the runner in Alien 3, used bipedal movement quite a bit.

Another thing that always irks me, and incidentally gives us a window into the mind of a dev and how they perceive the Alien's physical prowess, is when you see an Alien reach down from a ceiling (or a vent in a ceiling/wall, whatever) to grab a human and you see it kinda struggle pulling him/her up. Sometimes even briefly losing it's grip. Obviously I'm referring to scripted events. Whenever I see this crap, I can't help but think, "these devs need to watch the f***'n movies again".

Whenever we saw an Alien grab anyone from above in any of the films, it was effortless and it was swift (and they didn't make so much racket). None of this bullshit "it's struggling to carry the human" garbage. They essentially flew up the side of the wall or up into a shaft with the human in tow. These bastards are big, they're cunning, they're tough, and they're strong as hell. No more of these pansy ass Aliens, already.

I suppose by making them about 6-7' tall, devs can justify their physically weak portrayal in the games (especially games that also feature Preds, i.e. any AVP game). Why devs have been doing this in the first place is beyond me. It's been going on for about 15 years now and I'm hoping GB will set the standard.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I can't tell whether all of you saying it looks like AvP2010 are idiots or just trolling. The trailer was taken from footage of the E3 or GamesCon/Pax Prime demo. In A:CM we can aim and crouch two major features missing from AvP2010. The Xenos look better even if they may not be the 100% right size they are near it.
When we see the footage finally released then we can finally judge it. But so far it seems to be leaps and bounds better than AvP2010.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, I'm in agreement with you Chris. So far, aside from a few relatively small quips, A:CM is looking to be the kind of game we've been waiting a very long time for.

What I was saying about their strength was a general gripe with their portrayal in past Alien/AVP games and how I'm hoping what we see in the A:CM trailer is a sign of things to come.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Sep 02, 2011, 09:12:44 PM
Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Sep 02, 2011, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: Gate on Sep 02, 2011, 11:23:03 AM
Am I the only one slighly disappointed on my first analysis of the trailer?

Half of what I see came STRAIGHT From Alien vs Predator 2010, which I hoped to God they wouldn't incorporate too much. The Alien's movements, the sounds, how some of it plays.

Another thing that always irks me, and incidentally gives us a window into the mind of a dev and how they perceive the Alien's physical prowess, is when you see an Alien reach down from a ceiling (or a vent in a ceiling/wall, whatever) to grab a human and you see it kinda struggle pulling him/her up. Sometimes even briefly losing it's grip. Obviously I'm referring to scripted events. Whenever I see this crap, I can't help but think, "these devs need to watch the f***'n movies again".

Whenever we saw an Alien grab anyone from above in any of the films, it was effortless and it was swift (and they didn't make so much racket). None of this bullshit "it's struggling to carry the human" garbage. They essentially flew up the side of the wall or up into a shaft with the human in tow. These bastards are big, they're cunning, they're tough, and they're strong as hell. No more of these pansy ass Aliens, already.
This game pulled it off properly. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tY27Qehork#

Too bad this was cancelled.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

That was as scripted as can FYI.

ikarop

ikarop

Well it was a prototype demo. That's kinda the point.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

True. But something tells me neither games will have too many Xeno abductions happening unscripted.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Whoah, I didn't know any prototype footage of Aliens: Crucible was out there. :D Still, it IS just the prototype. Things have a way of changing during the development process. :-\ So who knows?

Anyway, I agree. It was a crime it got canned. >:(

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Sep 03, 2011, 06:09:01 PM

Jesus! This was the most uninspiring thing (and unscary- if this word exist) that i ever saw in my life  :-X

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Tribal on Sep 05, 2011, 06:07:44 PM
Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Sep 03, 2011, 06:09:01 PM

Jesus! This was the most uninspiring thing (and unscary- if this word exist) that i ever saw in my life  :-X

That's was still in development

Never say no to Panda!

It was like: OMG, don't stand around there b*atch, step to the right to trigger the script! Damn, do it ... i'm running out of HDD space, only 7 more seconds to record !

Lie

Lie

I really hope the part where the queen grabs you isn't just trailer hype but something along the lines of Dead Space gameplay.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Lie on Sep 09, 2011, 01:46:38 PM
I really hope the part where the queen grabs you isn't just trailer hype but something along the lines of Dead Space gameplay.
Dead space was way over the top. If the queen grabs me, I don't want any chance of survival or the horror element dies. I want to get my ass kicked.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Every time a xeno grabs a victim from the top down it does seem effortless.  This is obvious when Brett gets killed in Alien and when Andrews gets killed in Alien3.  In Aliens however, the xenos appear to struggle when they take Hudson and use the bottom down approach.  Go figure. 

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Well Hicks was trying to hold on to him and I think Hudson stuck his PR down there in attempt to shoot it plus I doubt the space below the floor in ALIENS was probably small. Imagine trying to pull someone down while laying down on your stomach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed