Alien vs Predator-1999
21 (20.4%)
Alien vs Predator 2
59 (57.3%)
Aliens vs Predator 3
23 (22.3%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Best of the 3 AVP Games (Read 13,730 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Well just pick what AVP did its best on capturing the things that made both Alien and Predator great.

I pick AVP 3..it seemed to do a pretty nice job. Though I havent played the older 2.

PsyKore

PsyKore

AvP 1 had a great dark atmosphere and the Aliens gameplay-wise were pretty much perfect. Game was let down by a lack of story and short SP.

AvP2 unfortunately stripped the Aliens of their stealth aspect, and graphically the game was cartoony, but everything else was a step up from the first. Plus, its modding scene was excellent and prolonged the game for years.

AvP3 looks pretty but is so goddamn shallow. No modding support also means its doomed right from the get go.

My vote goes to AvP2. I had a lot of fun mapping for it. And despite the Alien being turned from "stealth machine" into "bastard son of Pacman," it was a massively fun game.

Stalker

Stalker

All 3 games are great in their own way, but for me AvP 2 hands down is the best.

It's the closest thing to perfection I can think of, it captured the true magic of the classic Alien & Predator films & seamlessly brought them together into one epic universe. The Marine & Alien campaigns really felt like you were playing through Aliens, with the mood, sound effects & visuals all paying great homage to the film while expanding on it at the same time. The Predator campaign also blew my mind when I first played it, those first couple of levels in the jungle really made me feel like the original 1987 hunter stalking its prey from the treetops.

Another thing I especially liked was that there were so many of the original movie sound effects in the game. From the gutteral throb of the Predator's vision modes to the sound of its iconic roar & plasma cannon blasts, it was all taken directly from the film, which added that extra level of authenticity. The same goes for the Alien sounds as well.

On top of that all 3 campaigns were very distinctive & captivating. Unlike AvP 2010 you weren't constantly just running through the same levels with a different character, each narrative was completely unique which made the overall experience feel much grander in scale. AvP 2 is a 10 year old game that I can still play today & love every time I go back, it has far greater replay value than either of its counterparts. As far as crossovers go, you can't do it any better than this.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

AVP 1999 will always be my favorite. The atmosphere is the most authentic of all three.

I can still remember my first time playing the marine level way back in 99... Damn, what a rush.

AVP 2 will always be a close second though!

Nope

Nope

AVP '99 for me.

Terx2

Terx2

I like them all equally but I think AVP2 is better you could mod it like AVP2000. But I do like the stealth kills in AVP2010 and the stroy of all three of them are alright but i've spent more time playing AVP2 so yeah that's my favourite.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Avp 99 (one of my favorite game of all time)

I'll always rememebr the first time i play. I was a Predator , out of ammo, out of energy.
I surprised a marines in a dark corner , i rush and "wirstblade" him . Then i realized that my attack broke his pulse rifle   :o .....  once he draw his pistol (reactive!) i quickly cut his hand, putting the marines on his knee (just before death and trophy time)

10s later a xeno rushed at me, i had to cut his two arms (still able to put hella fight) before finishing him with a decapitation.

None of the other AvP games , gave me such stamina ,atmosphere, and felling of having a real "reactive" opponent toward me.
I especially hate the cartoonish color panel of AvP2

PsyKore

PsyKore

I used to love how the AI Marines in AvP99 would panic and start screaming and blind firing. It was so cool.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

AvP 1999.

The marine campaign was awesome, the last level especially.

I beat all three species on the hardest difficulty.

The Runner

The Runner

I played AVP2 over my friends house yesterday. It was quite good.

But dont some people say that AVP 1999 didnt have that good of a story.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

As far as I am concerned there is no AvP3. They still have a chance to make a true sequel to AvP1999 and AvP2. AvP2010 was sort of it's own thing.

The Runner

The Runner

I dont know but was AVP2 supposed to be a sequel to AVP 1999?

I mean events wise etc.

Pux Almighty

Pux Almighty

AvP 99, the only game which made me fall off my chair more than once (them huggers were nasty).

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Pux Almighty on Aug 24, 2011, 06:31:10 PM
AvP 99, the only game which made me fall off my chair more than once (them huggers were nasty).

^

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: The Runner on Aug 24, 2011, 06:27:01 PM
I dont know but was AVP2 supposed to be a sequel to AVP 1999?

I mean events wise etc.

No, AvP2 was more it's own thing. It's still a good sequel in the sense that it's a good game though. :P

AvP99 didn't really have a story. It was more just a bunch of shit happening. As Marine you just woke up on an LV426 style location and had to get the hell out of dodge. As Alien you started in a temple, you eat a lot of people along your way and eventually stow away on a vessel headed to earth. And the Predator just turned up for the hell of it, I guess. There was no real characterization or in-depth motivation behind each of them. They were just there for no reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed