Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 493,766 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 16, 2019, 07:49:16 PM
Charles Weyland is better 'cause he's more likable goddamit. Peter Weyland was just a dick - both in Promy and Covenant .

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 16, 2019, 04:18:03 PM
Yes, it is.
No draft ever contained it as part of the film.

Yeah, I vaguely remembered some sort of before or after credit connection or inclusion or something, but then again I was pretty gintastic back in 2012.  :D

The Old One

The Old One

Only one internet edit I can think of includes it, and a more likeable character doesn't necessarily mean a superior one. And Peter Weyland isn't more likeable, certainly but it is a superior character.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Egomaniac asshole Weyland > Friendly old man Weyland

The Old One

The Old One

Egomaniac Peter Weyland who actually accomplishes real miracles such as stopping global warming, curing most cancers and inventing A.I.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I agree. Charles Bishop Weyland may be more likeable (actually, he seems like a good man who don't wanted to be forgotten) but, and despite being an asshole, Peter Weyland is a bit more complicated. I'd say his personality can deliver a more interesting story. Unfortunately, his Gold Member-like portrait didn't do any favor to the character. He was almost wasted on Prometheus in my opinion.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 17, 2019, 12:55:32 AM
Egomaniac Peter Weyland who actually accomplishes real miracles such as stopping global warming, curing most cancers and inventing A.I.

Maybe he just wanted to live forever to continue helping people  :laugh:

But his vision of immortality is narcissistic. Perhaps for Engineers, immortality is creating lifeforms with their DNA. The Genetic information (which triggers civilization and everything) that endures for eons in the universe.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 17, 2019, 01:52:03 AM
Unfortunately, his Gold Member-like portrait didn't do any favor to the character. He was almost wasted on Prometheus in my opinion.

This 100 times over.

Honestly, to me, it has nothing to do with likeability or nature of character. It is simply the awful old man makeup on Guy Pearce, only matched by an equally awful old man acting. There was no geniune believability in his appearance nor his performance.

Just awful.

So it will forever be, to me, in relation to AVP and Prometheus...

Charles Bishop Weyland > Peter Weyland
Lance Henriksen > Guy Pearce

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 17, 2019, 02:45:27 AM
Unfortunately, his Gold Member-like portrait didn't do any favor to the character. He was almost wasted on Prometheus in my opinion.

This 100 times over.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a65748a5d3b0f6da8e96eccb4ef00662/tenor.gif?itemid=7399683

Honestly, to me, it has nothing to do with likeability or nature of character. It is simply the awful old man makeup on Guy Pearce, only matched by an equally awful old man acting. There was no geniune believability in his appearance nor his performance.

Just awful.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/0/0e/Peter_Weyland.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121006110012

Fair enough. You are right, and beyond any potential, what matters is what is on the screen. The Ted Talk is unfortunately not part of the movie. However, I'd say Weyland at the white room with David, at the beginning of Covenant, was so much better. I may be overreacting, but I got the impression that there was whole another movie there  :laugh: perhaps something along the lines of Westworld or even Blade Runner. But that's just me, anyway  ;D

That being said, I agree. In my way but I agree  :)

Charles Bishop Weyland > Peter Weyland (Prometheus)
Lance Henriksen > Guy Pearce (Prometheus)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 17, 2019, 03:24:21 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 17, 2019, 02:45:27 AM

This 100 times over.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a65748a5d3b0f6da8e96eccb4ef00662/tenor.gif?itemid=7399683

Just awful.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/0/0e/Peter_Weyland.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121006110012

Fair enough. You are right, and beyond any potential, what matters is what is on the screen. The Ted Talk is unfortunately not part of the movie. However, I'd say Weyland at the white room with David, at the beginning of Covenant, was so much better. I may be overreacting, but I got the impression that there was whole another movie there  :laugh: perhaps something along the lines of Westworld or even Blade Runner. But that's just me, anyway  ;D

I dont know how they could market such a thing, but a whole movie dedicated to the life of Weyland I think would really be quite fascinating.

QuoteThat being said, I agree. In my way but I agree  :)

Charles Bishop Weyland > Peter Weyland (Prometheus)
Lance Henriksen > Guy Pearce (Prometheus)

Yep, strictly within AvP and Prometheus.  :)

Kradan

Kradan

Stopping global warming ? Curing cancers ? Where's all of that in Prometheus ?  Really, in the movie he was just a dick wanting to live longer - not for humanity but just for himself .

I agree that he's better in Covenant's prologue but only because there's none of that ugly make-up on him. Still, he's a dick. "Bring me that tea, David"  - what a asshole ! He invented artificial human but treats him as servant at best .

And yeah, for me more likable character = better one .

The Old One

The Old One

No, that's strictly incorrect.
Interesting > Likeable, that's why Anton Chigurh is the best character in No Country For Old Men. And we started the conversation talking about his character in general, not from anything in particular- that's all media containing the character.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 19, 2019, 09:20:54 PM

Excuse me but what the f**k?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Stopping global warming ? Curing cancers ? Where's all of that in Prometheus ?  Really, in the movie he was just a dick wanting to live longer - not for humanity but just for himself .

I agree that he's better in Covenant's prologue but only because there's none of that ugly make-up on him. Still, he's a dick. "Bring me that tea, David"  - what a asshole ! He invented artificial human but treats him as servant at best .

Being a dick is a complicated profession, don't you agree?  :laugh: nah but seriously, sometimes these hateful characters do to the movies a favor.

Hell, if I use that logic, I would hate instantly movies like "A Few Good Men", "The Shining" or "A Clockwork Orange"   :P

But I agree that Peter Weyland is mediocre at best in Prometheus. However, in Covenant... ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Like Fifield?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Fifield and likable don't belong in the same sentence.

InterAlien

InterAlien

Alien
Alien Resurrection

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed