Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 558,896 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, beautiful and completely vapid.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Ronoc on Nov 15, 2019, 08:57:22 AM
Prometheus such a pity. Beautiful looking movie with some great imagery, and strong performances.
Reduced to meh by superfluous space-seeding nonsense, eye-wateringly stupid characters (the scientists), and that it's glaringly obvious that Scott had no f**king clue where he was going with any of it

Time to petition Disnox for a retcon of Ridley's retcon? ;D

The Old One

The Old One

No, because even as bad as it is, it's good in comparison to that. I have spoken.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Charles Bishop Weyland > Peter Weyland

The Old One

The Old One

Peter Weyland TED Talk > Prometheus > AVP

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Peter Weyland TED Talk was just okay to me. But alas, either way, just a deleted scene. So to me...

Lance Henriksen > Guy Pearce

However, with that said...

Prometheus > AVP

The Old One

The Old One

The Peter Weyland TED Talk is not a deleted scene, it's a viral, a mini-film. And no, Charles Bishop Weyland felt clichéd to no fault of Lance Henrikson. Peter Weyland/Guy Pearce in that YouTube "film" set the internet on fire in anticipation for Prometheus. But not to worry, Lance Henrikson will always have a place as a much superior character to Guy Pearce's Peter Weyland, as Bishop and Michael Bishop in Aliens and Alien³ respectively.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 16, 2019, 04:10:41 PM
The Peter Weyland TED Talk is not a deleted scene, it's a viral, a mini-film.

While I never read any of the Prometheus script drafts, I always assumed that was originally intended to be included in the beginning part of the film. Is my assumption incorrect?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, it is.
No draft ever contained it as part of the film.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2019, 02:08:23 PM

Yep .

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2019, 04:03:45 PM
Prometheus > AVP

Nah, they're on the same level for me.

The Old One

The Old One

Not at all- Peter Weyland all day everyday, the TED Talk and Covenant's Prologue elevated him leagues above Charles Bishop Weyland, nothing of value was lost when AVP was rendered non-canon. Prometheus gave us a decent soundtrack, beautiful imagery, an excellent cast, excellent special effect work, excellent set design and a truly superb documentary. Even if the film isn't nearly as good as the parts that created it.

AVP has none of the above.

Kradan

Kradan

Are you OK FI ? Never saw you been so nice about good old Promy .

Charles Weyland is better 'cause he's more likable goddamit. Peter Weyland was just a dick - both in Promy and Covenant .

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, but Peter Weyland's a more interesting character. The other guy's got nothing to him, it's all surface.

Evanus

Evanus

Prommie has its problems... but worse than AVP?

:P

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I certainly thought so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed