Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 548,330 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 07, 2017, 01:51:29 PM
Favorite? Yes.
Best? No, still goes to A L I E N or ALIENS.

Well of course  :D

That's like the easiest answer in the books. Of course Alien and Aliens are classics but doesn't mean someone couldn't think another Alien film was better or more enjoyable.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

That's been my opinion for years.  Alien3 is my personal favorite.  It's the one I enjoy watching the most, but Aliens is a better movie and Alien is the best.  (I've met so many snobs who completely can't understand thinking this way.)

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

I actually loved Alien 3 also. I also think if David Fincher had his way it might have been the best of the series. However my favourite would still go to Alien it had more mystery and questions that needed addressing. Alien Resurrection I found in parts worked well. But that suffered from almost Black Comedy in certain scenes it lost that seriousness that the Alien series always had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: necrotard on Jun 07, 2017, 09:43:20 PM
That's been my opinion for years.  Alien3 is my personal favorite.  It's the one I enjoy watching the most, but Aliens is a better movie and Alien is the best.  (I've met so many snobs who completely can't understand thinking this way.)

Alien Resurrection being one of my favorites in the franchise, what did you think of it Necrotard?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

It's my least favorite aside from the AVP films, but I still enjoy it.  Most of the appeal is nostalgia, but I really appreciate some of the humor, the cinematography, and the animatronic/puppet work on the newborn.  Seeing some of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's other work and getting familiar with his style also boosted my appreciation for Resurrection.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

The way my brain works I have to lump them together -

Alien/Aliens (Great double feature)
3/Res/Covenant (Good ideas within all)
Prometheus (Should've just shot Spaiht's script)

Also for me AVP is closer to the Predator side of things so I didn't bother re-watching them before Covenant (nothing to do with canon or timelines I just didn't feel like it - I'll save it for The Predator next year).

Protozoid

Protozoid

This poll explains why so many people positive posts about Prometheus. It's my favorite of the lot and I've never felt welcome here.

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

For me Alien. While it's not action oriented like Aliens, i liked the original more for better creature and being the first to watch.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 28, 2017, 01:58:34 AM
This poll explains why so many people positive posts about Prometheus. It's my favorite of the lot and I've never felt welcome here.

I think it's against the law to like Prometheus more than Alien or Aliens.  Or, at least, it should be.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Alien is always going to be that timeless master piece, but I am not ashamed to admit that right in this moment Covenant is my favorite Alien film. It just hit a lot of the right spots, both story-wise and aesthetic-wise. When I exited the theaters I felt a huge surge of empowerment, I felt like creating art. I still have that feeling more than a month after.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Alien and Aliens are my top two. Of the two I prefer Aliens.

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 28, 2017, 01:58:34 AM
I can understand why some would love Prometheus more. It's visually appealing and the fact your first for answers to the many things going on it beautifully sets things up for sequel which to be honest we just didn't get. I loved the fact it was related to the Alien universe yet didn't need any in the first place. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I love the first 3 equally, though in terms of execution I think the best is the first or second one, hard to say. I do like some stuff in Resurrection, but there was so many things I didn't like too, same for Prometheus and Covenant.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
AVP
Aliens
AVPR

Prometheus and Covenant are kind of interchangeable for me right now, as is Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVPR

Alien Covenant is creeping up on me...cgi Alien holds it in 4th.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed