Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 542,626 times)

predator3789

predator3789

For me, its Aliens, because its loaded with the most action scenes, the first appearance of the Queen and I like the Marines.

Krusher

Krusher

Yeah the marines were the coolest bad ass ombres(I'm not spanish literate so ...) this side of the galaxy so ya aliens take the cake

SiL

SiL

Question that always plagued me: What makes them bad-ass, exactly?

SM

SM

They had cool guns and dialogue.

(Just ignore the fact they got their asses handed to them.)

(I find that expression works better with 'ass' rather than 'arse'.)

fluxcap

fluxcap

1/Aliens
Its all good, characters, action, story + dialogue, production design, and the queen. First film I saw of the four, I saw it when I was really young so I have a strong emotional attachment to it.

2/Alien
H.R. Giger's alien! Characters, cinematography, and some of the best production design ever.

3/Alien 3
After my initial displeasure the first time I saw it in the 90s I've grown to appreciate it much more. Fincher's stylistic conventions like those low camera angles are great. The look and downbeat feel of the film rocks. Also I've always loved the ending, it ends the trilogy appropriately.

4/Alien Resurrection
I'm a big fan of the director Jean-Pierre Jeunet (City Of Lost Children and Amelie, great flicks), his cinematography is fantastic, and the aliens themselves benefit from advancing technologies. Everything else is just a bad dream on celluloid. Although I credit the film for jump starting my rabid interest in movies.

frosty_141

frosty_141

aliens
alien
alien 3
alien res

what can i say alien is one hell of a movie (seen it about 48 times, know the script) its very strange how this movie has become an architype for action, yet it can never be duplicated eg. crappy doom lol like everyone here i am very biased towards alien movies and would never say any of them were bad, i think we all gained an appreciation for alien 3 after giving it a chance, i mean alien is a scary concept ship big ass alien, but a backwards prison- no weapons, all those shafts and tunnels, that is scary, but i think the fact there was only one alien made it alot scarier

silversurfer

silversurfer

Alien and R
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator Eldar

Predator Eldar

Alien 1 was a great film but, James Cameron in my opinion completely surpassed the first film with Aliens. It had everything that makes a great film.
Hands down my Fav :)

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Aliens
Alien
Alien 3
Alien: Ressurection

Although I like all the movies and find they're all special in their own way.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Predator Eldar on Mar 21, 2007, 07:26:17 AM
It had everything that makes a great film.

Every piece of dialogue being a one-liner, dated effects, 2D characters, guns, explosions, simplified components to appease a mass audience... ? :P

frost

frost

Still Aliens! ;D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Aliens is the best! I'm about to revisit the Alien world again, watch Alien,ALiens,Alien3,AR and AVP oh yay! It's been awhile.

Dingo

Dingo

I have to say Alien 3 is my fav. Just the way it starts out from the end of Aliens where it was all happy and they're going home and then Ripley has everything ripped away from her right from the start.

Vader the White

Vader the White

I love them all.

But,

Aliens ~ I just love every bit of it!!!!!!
Alien
Alien 3
A:R

cygnus

cygnus

Just joined the site, found a lot of useful stuff here 8)

Anyway, my favorite movie was Aliens, closely followed by Alien, then Alien Resurrection, and finally Alien 3.

I didn't care for Alien 3 that much, but it's still above AvP in my books :P

Ah well, glad to be joining this community. Thanks for the site :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed