Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 562,595 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I have to give it to Alien 3. Directors cut preferred. In my opinion, from a narrative standpoint it's the darkest in the franchise. Ripley survived all of what happened in the first 2 films, discovered a new family, then had it all torn from her. As if that wasn't enough, she's surrounded by violent convicts and another alien on a cesspit of a planet. Finds one last shot with Clemens, and boom. Then the Queen embryo inside, meaning the Alien has finally gotten her. It's just a very hostile and unforgiving film. It's a shame that it turned out to be such a bad experience for Fincher, and that he will most likely never come near the franchise again, as the man is truly talented and his style lends itself well to this particular universe.

On a related subject, I wish we could have seen what a Tony Scott Alien film would've been like. That "Man On Fire/Max Payne 3" style of his would've been wild.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

No one likes the prequels?!!!?My order goes like this
Alien Covenant
Prometheus
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Ironically the same order the series takes place(except alien covenant is after Prometheus)

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

I totally loved the first Alien movie. The end part were Ripley is running through the corridors and the alarms going off was terrifying. I would say Aliens was a close second more action more fun talk. Alien 3 was fantastic. Very dirty and grimey which made it compelling also. The tone and balance of that movie was special. The 4th movie in my opinion was irritating to watch at times. Not a bad movie but not even close to the first 2 movies nor the 3rd movie

Ok Prometheus I did like because it was new. Something different and we scratched the surface on who the engineers were.

Alien Covenant was great the first half! But to me just went upside down after. I hated it completely it was all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The happy alien

The happy alien

I don't know, I love all the films from Alien to AvP:R
(Except prequels, I hate Prometheus with all my soul, Covenant was better, but still a mess)

I voted for Alien: Resurrection because it's diferent and I think that is the deepest one (also the death of the new born always leave me desolate, some times I fast step the scene because I really feel bad for him)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Mar 04, 2018, 12:35:35 AM
No one likes the prequels?!!!?My order goes like this
Alien Covenant
Prometheus
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Ironically the same order the series takes place(except alien covenant is after Prometheus)

Well, the poll is older than the prequels so most members of this site voted for the movies they liked best at that time. That said, the prequels were nothing special, I enjoyed covenant but there is lot I dislike about it, so even if this poll was fresh I doubt the prequel would be getting much votes.

Gash

Gash

I suspect ALIEN will always top the poll for me. Covenant takes second place now.

calculatingbetterworlds

I cannot decide between Alien and Aliens to be honest.
One thing I know for sure is, that I love the landscape and the appearance of Acheron since I saw it the first time.
This moon is a symbol for how hostile and cold space can be. But it is somehow enormously beautiful.  Before WeYu and David (by creating the final Xenomorphs) started influencing it, Acheron was just vast nature and a perfect example for beauty of the cosmos. :)

The Old One

The Old One

Love your username just fyi

PredBabe

PredBabe

I used to think Aliens when I was younger but I've grown to love Alien the most. The characters just seem like real and familiar people to the point where each death disturbs and upsets you. I think Sigoutney's acting is best in this movie as well. Ripely, Parker and Dallas are who I'd consider my top 3 favorite characters from the entire series. Oh and Ripley/Dallas > Ripley/Hicks  ;)

If I had to rank them it would probably look something like this:

Alien
Aliens
Alien Covenant
Alien 3
Prometheus
Alien Resurrection

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Aliens got me into the franchise as a whole. If it wasn't for The Shawshank Redemption's "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'," my senior quote would have been "Game over, man, game over!"

Although, Shawshank kinda led me to the Alien franchise, so . . . that probably wouldn't have worked.

Jutland

Jutland

1. Alien
2. Alien 3
3. Alien Covenant first half
4. Prometheus
5. Aliens

Big gap ...

6. Alien Covenant second half
7. Alien Resurrection

but they're just opinions. I haven't seen AR for a few years so I may be misremembering it.

The Old One

The Old One

1. A L I E N

2. ALIENS = ALIEN³

3. Blade Runner = BR2049

4. Peter Weyland TED-Talk = Prologue: Incubation

5. Alien  ̶C̶o̶v̶e̶n̶a̶n̶t̶  Paradise Lost

6. Alien Resurrection

7. Prometheus

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Prometheus is lower than AR??

The Old One

The Old One

I find Prometheus intolerably ambiguous.

Resurrection is colourful, straightforward, with characters larger than life.
It's more not Alien, but in ways other than intended it's creative and I can appreciate that.
It's easy to not take seriously, it's tonally and in a story capacity isolated from the others.
It has no influence on the rest of the universe, and no implications.

Prometheus is infuriatingly low quality in all but production and visuals, and implications are far reaching.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

aliens
alien resurrection
alien
alien 3
prometheus
alien covenant
avp requiem
avp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed