EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus finishes shooting at Pinewood

Started by Darkoo, Aug 08, 2011, 05:18:41 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Prometheus finishes shooting at Pinewood (Read 28,508 times)

locusta

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 08, 2011, 07:11:41 PM
I remember seeing footage of the original ALIEN set being torn down post-filming. It was quite heartbreaking to see the derelict walls tumble down!

Yep, breaks my heart too every time I watch the "GigerĀ“s ALIEN" video.

HMRUBICON

Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 08, 2011, 05:37:36 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/Set%20Pics/img001.jpg

This photo when enlarged, looks like a dead jockey lying against the weird telescope thing. Also part of it looks like parts from the derelict across from it.    :o

ThisBethesdaSea

It looks like part of the Space Jockey in shambles in one those pics?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

We should be getting a teaser soon then if they are done filming. I imagine late this year or February like we did with Predators.

Ash 937

Quote from: frankaster on Aug 08, 2011, 07:30:05 PM
man i'm so happy, in this dark ages of green screen and cgi, only ridley scott can bring back practical props and scenery... we may have lost Cameron, but Scott it's our last hope, whatever this movie is about aliens or something else

I think we lost both of them to some extent...hence the PG-13 ratings for both Avatar and Prometheus.  Prometheus might still be a great film though, just not the final cut that Ridley would have preferred.  I will see Prometheus in theaters but I think the better film overall will be the uncut version we get on Blu-Ray.

ThisBethesdaSea

Where can one see Giger's ALIEN video?

maddriver

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 08, 2011, 09:27:15 PM
We should be getting a teaser soon then if they are done filming. I imagine late this year or February like we did with Predators.

It's not really "soon" then  :P

ThisBethesdaSea

Lindelof said late fall. That's soon.

zuzuki

batman and spiderman both gor teaser out now.and they come out next year same time with prometheus

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 08, 2011, 10:37:18 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 08, 2011, 09:27:15 PM

It's not really "soon" then  :P

I was hoping in another two or three months. Knowing Fox, they will market it on the last minute as always.

I am hoping what you said there is the truth.

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 08, 2011, 05:24:44 PM

Star charts on the floor that are discovered by the company which leads to the expedition.  Calling it.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 08, 2011, 11:46:13 PM
Mysterious goo.....

http://news.yahoo.com/orange-goo-near-remote-alaska-village-idd-eggs-194922307.html

They're saying it's eggs.

Viral marketing :P

What I find most interesting out of the new leak is:

The name Magellan. Definately interesting. Prometheus goes after Magellan theory aside... maybe a two ship mission? May also explain the scene we've seen with drawn guns and yelling.
Perhaps one is explorer based, the other company based? *shrug*

Probably not as interesting for everyone else... but this mould makes me wonder what part of the set requires a weird phallic door thingie. Just because it does.

Restricted access and the colour that says do not touch.
Interesting purely because not all crew members are allowed in without an authorised person I guess.
Research lab? "Mother" room? Simply just some room and not important?

Noticing on all the archways that we've seen leaked, that they seem to have a centre piece at the top... they alsmost look like some kind of other-worldy faces. If you check through the others you see similar centre pieces in the giger-esque architecture, which is actually unfamiliar compared to the archways in his concept work for ALIEN and the movie itself.
It's subtle, but interesting.

Also noticing the shape seems to corelate with the hallways we've seen.

Finally: What else was part of this set? The torn up timber and other bits of spinal giger-esque props makes me wonder about what was also sitting in or around this room.

This one made me think of a solar system map/chart. Not a star map/chart (semantics, I know).
Star maps have always been depicted in a different way to this, for example the set pic has no reference points like the below:

So... I wonder if it is a depiction of not a location of stars ala Stargate style (don't shoot me!), but a depiction of the Zeta Reticuli system (or if not based here, the solar system it is based around) which may lay hint to location.

Or perhaps even a "galactic" chart in the vein of:

All semantics around the same idea of "man finds space map"... or we could all be mad and it's just a design on the floor :laugh:
The problem with the idea for me is there are no reference points, just lines. And I seriously doubt they would be added post production... why make a prop without that detail when you're using a practical prop? Makes no sense.

ThisBethesdaSea

Stargate : Prometheus

josh_axey

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed