Custom Avatars

Started by x2SMONEY, Aug 01, 2011, 07:22:17 PM

Author
Custom Avatars (Read 2,960 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Honestly, I dislike animated avatars - with exception for these like Pn had (and where it is now...? it... evolved? ;)). I can't focus on reading post when something is still moving. And I guess, reading posts it's our main thing for what we all come here. Am I wrong? ;)
Not speaking about users with slower internet connection or slower PC. 

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Naruto forums allows gif avatar signatures and avatars. And they even allow signaure size of 500 x 208  ;D

keylight-di

keylight-di

So go there maybe... ;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Guts on Aug 13, 2011, 07:19:36 AM
Naruto forums allows gif avatar signatures and avatars. And they even allow signaure size of 500 x 208  ;D
Haw, their avatars aren't as long as ours by 100 pixels. Height is never a necessity either, so that's fine; it's only 58 less pixels tall. I'd say our signature size limit is fine.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: keylight-di on Aug 13, 2011, 07:26:29 AM
So go there maybe... ;)

I do lol  8) I'd ranked it #2 as being my favourite forum. AVP Galaxy is #1  :D

keylight-di

keylight-di

If so - stop complaining and enjoy of mental clean beauty of Galaxy. ;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: keylight-di on Aug 13, 2011, 08:19:18 AM
enjoy of mental clean beauty of Galaxy. ;)
Spoiler
Quote from: Horhey on Aug 13, 2011, 04:09:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2011, 08:44:54 PM
Quote from: Horhey on Aug 12, 2011, 05:34:01 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2011, 04:39:58 PM
Dude, it's just a game. For f**k's sakes.

I know but the average dude assumes that "it's probobly true." It's just a game but it does influence perceptions and that leads to more of the same in the future. CoD has sold more games than any other game in history and if you listen to some of the people playing it, they parrot many of the lies.

Who do you know assumes these games are based on true events, aside from WW II?

Well, were supposed to believe Black Ops' campaign lets you play through some of the history of the Cold War which is actually distorted and misleading revisionist history. Those Black Ops missions mostly consisted of organizing, training, arming, financing and advising fascist death squads that murdered millions of people (trade unionists, human rights, advocates, Priests, Nuns, Healthcare workers, journalists, teachers, students, etc.) within the "Grand Area" (the Middle East, the Far East, and Latin America).

The USAID "Public Safety Missions" were designed to maintain a world system subordinated to the needs of the US economy, or more accurately, its proprietors. Washington recognized that it's exploitive economic programs would cause great suffering in "it's Third World domains" which would lead to "urban discontent and political unrest." Under the cover of US government aid programs (USAID), "public safety missions" trained local police forces (standing death squads).

These measures were outlined by the State Department:

QuoteUnited States. Dept. of State

The police will normally be those who first sense internal order problems and first detect discontent among people. They are the eyes and ears of the government and should serve as one of the major means by which the government assures itself of acceptance by the majority.

Effective policing is like 'preventive medicine.' The police can deal with threats to internal order in their formative states. Should they not be prepared to do this, 'major surgery' may be required in the sense that considerable force would be needed to redress those threats.

They also orchestrated the overthrow of over 50 governments, most of them democracies. These governments had the timerity to defy the Mafia-Don and assert sovereign control over "our resources" in their own lands. They did all kinds of horriible things like raise the minimum wage, provide free healthcare and education, force multinational corporations to pay taxes and impose common sense regulations like worker's rights, environmental standards, safety standards, and so on. Tiny countries with very little natural wealth arouse the most hostility and hesteria in Washington. The weaker and poorer the country, the greater the "threat of a good example." If a tiny poor country can begin to do something for its people, other places with vast resources will ask, "why not us?"

This basic doctrine was expressed at the United Nations by Secretary of State, Dean Acheson:

QuoteThe power, position and prestige of the United States had been challenged by another state; and law simply does not deal with such questions of ultimate power—power that comes close to the sources of sovereignty.

This document (one of many) from the US State Department and Council on Foriegn Relations' War and Peace Studies Group outlines the overal US strategy for the "Grand Area":

QuoteThe Council on Foreign Relations: Studies of American interests in the war and the peace: Economic and financial series, Issues 33-61

ECONOMIC WAR AIMS: MAIN LINES OF APPROACH

The National Interest:

1) the full use of the world's economic resources — implying full employment and a reduction in business cycle fluctuation; and,

2) the most efficient use of the world's resources — implying an interchange of goods among all parts of the world according to comparative advantages of each part in producing certain goods.

The role of war aims statements:

Statements of war aims have two functions: propaganda and definition of national interests. The latter is undoubtedly the more difficult and is of basic importance, as a failure of propagandistic and promissory war aims to correspond to the accepted view of national interests might jeopardize the entire peace settlement. Therefore, our national interests must first be defined so that promises incompatible with it may be avoided. It is with this aspect of war aims that the present memorandum is concerned.

This is just another example of their hatred of democracy in their "third world domains":

QuoteThe Council on Foreign Relations: Studies of American interests in the war and the peace: Economic and financial series, Volume 3

Conclusions:

In the light of this discussion, and assuming that the United States and Great Britain have a somewhat similar interest in a more closely integrated world economic order, certain general suggestions may be made as to the emphasis of future statements of war aims, and points especially to be avoided.

1. National self-determination should be qualified and limited.

National freedom retains its great appeal and probably cannot be omitted from any statement of war aims, but a more closely integrated world economic order will almost certainly require some restrictions on sovereignty.

Black Ops was sold as game that lets you play through historical events during the Cold War like the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam War, and other covert operations in South America but the devs went the distance to rewrite that history for gamers. They also make it clear that you're working for the good guys (Washington) and you are fighting the bad guys (all falsely portrayed as Soviet proxies) and one of their messages is "good guys torture people and that it's the most effective way to get the information you want."

They didnt have to lie to people to sell their game is my point.
[close]

keylight-di

keylight-di

Irony mark... huh? ;)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Heh, not complaining, but i know of alot of smaller forums that allow gifs. and larger avatar sizes. I just dont see why AVP Galaxy which is a high tech fast awesome forum doesn't seem to allow people to use them, just boggles me  ???

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Anytime I upload a picture is shows up as blank on my screen.  How do I get my Custom Avatar to appear?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You put an incorrect url in your avatar field.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Ha! Why didn't I see Sweeps post before?

My God it's just a game! Live life a little for christ sake!  :laugh:

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Nov 06, 2011, 01:13:07 AM
Anytime I upload a picture is shows up as blank on my screen.  How do I get my Custom Avatar to appear?

Did you make sure you removed the http thing already in the space before adding the URL?

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Nov 06, 2011, 04:09:30 PM
Ha! Why didn't I see Sweeps post before?

My God it's just a game! Live life a little for christ sake!  :laugh:

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Nov 06, 2011, 01:13:07 AM

Did you make sure you removed the http thing already in the space before adding the URL?

Yes, I thought maybe because I was using pictures from the comicvine that that might have something to do with my picture not working, I have had problems with comicvine pictures not working on other sites recently.  So I tried using a myspace picture, when I use myspace pictures I get an error message and my picture thing is set to no picture.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

In the upper left of your internet page, there's the url field.
Let's take for example this sample avatar I made for you...

This is how it appears. Its url is
http://i44.tinypic.com/2qwdhyr.png
If you click on it, you'll open a new page with the image only. If you want to put it as an avatar, you have to copy the url the page has when there's just the image showing, and paste it in your avatar field.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed