Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 113,506 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

With comments like "I won't see it unless there's a queen" I realize some people have a limited ability to understand fully the laws of nature when it applies to science fiction. Parthenogenesis is the process by which a female of the species becomes pregnant without contact with a male. It would then make plausible sense for the aliens to have alternate forms of reproduction as well. The possibilities are endless. Again, making a stand that you won't see the film because in your mind, things should only happen one way it quite ridiculous.

In terms of the queen....ultimately she was a device, and as eloquent as she was in terms of the design, she furthered the 'bug slash hive' mentality as promoted by Cambo in Aliens. Instead of a continuation of the quiet terror of ALIEN, he turned everything into a device including the creatures themselves, ergo dumbing the entire saga down. No queen needed.

icedog97

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 12, 2011, 04:01:33 PM
With comments like "I won't see it unless there's a queen" I realize some people have a limited ability to understand fully the laws of nature when it applies to science fiction. Parthenogenesis is the process by which a female of the species becomes pregnant without contact with a male. It would then make plausible sense for the aliens to have alternate forms of reproduction as well. The possibilities are endless. Again, making a stand that you won't see the film because in your mind, things should only happen one way it quite ridiculous.

In terms of the queen....ultimately she was a device, and as eloquent as she was in terms of the design, she furthered the 'bug slash hive' mentality as promoted by Cambo in Aliens. Instead of a continuation of the quiet terror of ALIEN, he turned everything into a device including the creatures themselves, ergo dumbing the entire saga down. No queen needed.

I definitely understand your point of view...and to an extent, I agree with it.

But in terms of film making and the time (1986) that the film was made, Cameron made a lot of really insightful and smart decisions.

While I would like to have seen a more Alien-like sequel, I remember walking out of the theater after Aliens thinking "that was a great sequel". And obviously, the queen was a huge part of why that was so.

The really tough part about this franchise is that Alien 3 COULD have been fantastic. The extended edit is better than the theater version...and the somber ending is even acceptable finally...20 years later...but what killed my movie going experience, even in the extended edit, are some of the terrible effects shots.

As much as I want to believe it, the dog alien running along the ceiling is just not believable...and that's all I can think of when I see those scenes...

At least we don't have to worry about anything like that happening with Prometheus.

Again, I think Ridley really wants to make a science fiction movie (first) that's worthy of it's predecessor...(well, actually it's successor...but that's another issue entirely)...and if that's how it turns out, I think I'll be very happy with the result...

Gash

Really, why is anyone bothered about canon with the   A  L  I  E  N   sequels? Cameron didn't give an arse about continuity in 1986; why should Ridley worry about other people's bad decisions? He can make anything he likes and it'll still be better than anything that followed   A  L  I  E  N.

Kel G 426

We don't need to get riled by the queen remarks.  People are going to watch this movie even if they say they won't.  They're just trying to express support for Aliens which has seen a growing trend of unfair criticism in these threads lately.

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Gash on Aug 12, 2011, 07:07:00 PM
Really, why is anyone bothered about canon with the   A  L  I  E  N   sequels? Cameron didn't give an arse about continuity in 1986; why should Ridley worry about other people's bad decisions? He can make anything he likes and it'll still be better than anything that followed   A  L  I  E  N.
This, this, this!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: kelgaard on Aug 12, 2011, 07:14:11 PM
We don't need to get riled by the queen remarks.  People are going to watch this movie even if they say they won't.  They're just trying to express support for Aliens which has seen a growing trend of unfair criticism in these threads lately.

Actually, I agree with you and with the queen haters. Im in the hater camp tbh, but even I think the debate is tired.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

And apparently the footage was leaked onto youtube but was taken down promptly.

At least that means it's out there somewhere.  It's bound to surface again.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Gash on Aug 12, 2011, 07:07:00 PM

Actually, when you think about it, continuity doesn't even come into the equation when dealing with prequels. Any director with half a brain would logically avoid everything done already so they could say "Well, this is how it could have happened, but it didn't...so what!". Assuming Prometheus is a prequel, I'm willing to bet anything Scott put's into his film, when/if ALIEN 5 actually happens, someone will come along and try and make sense of it again, that's just the nature of things... unlike sequels where you can be inventive, but still follow what's already in place.

harlock

Just a question - but can someone quote someone who actually said that they would not see Prometheus if a Queen was in it? I think I'm the one who instigated the Queen-hating, but I never said I wouldnt see it if it's in there, so who did?  ???

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Someone said some of their friends had told them they would not go and see it.

Quote from: Stans on Aug 10, 2011, 01:00:12 AM
thanks for answer, a lot of my friens are saying that if prometheus discard the alien queen life cycle they will not go to see it and they will ignore it.

GhettoDefendant

Hey everyone! I've been reading this Prometheus forum for a few weeks now and just decided to register.

My question is: has anyone here actually seen the video version of this? I'm not going to lie, I've been scouring bittorrent and soulseek but i haven't found a damn thing yet. I know its out there somewhere.  I dont have the patience to wait for the next official release.

Thanks!

josh_axey

Quote from: GhettoDefendant on Aug 24, 2011, 02:32:33 AM
Hey everyone! I've been reading this Prometheus forum for a few weeks now and just decided to register.

My question is: has anyone here actually seen the video version of this? I'm not going to lie, I've been scouring bittorrent and soulseek but i haven't found a damn thing yet. I know its out there somewhere.  I dont have the patience to wait for the next official release.

Thanks!

I've been hunting it like it was the last animal on earth a starving man could eat.
Zip.

Also, given no one can confirm they actually saw the video - only that there was a video with a name that appears to be what we're after... I'm starting to doubt it is out there.

/sadface

GhettoDefendant

Ha! I knew I couldn't be the only one. But what's the deal? I don't believe for a second that no one recorded it.

josh_axey

Quote from: GhettoDefendant on Aug 24, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Ha! I knew I couldn't be the only one. But what's the deal? I don't believe for a second that no one recorded it.

I assume (uh oh) someone managed to swipe some footage with their phone (those stills had *some* kind of bar up the side of them, lending to the theory)... and now they are far too afraid to share it for fear of Fox binding them to a rock and letting birds peck their liver over and over.

Alternatively, that bar was just a scroll wheel type deal and they were flicking through photos or some such and there is no footage (LIES!).

Either way... someone needs to get it and leak it! 8)

Never say no to Panda!

Either way... someone needs to get it and leak it!

Yeah, let's send a team (callsign "Prometheus") in to steal the fire...uhm urns...the eggs...argh, no steal the secret Big Mac recipe...nah, the teraform tech...just the footage - STEAL THE DAMN STUFF!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed