Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 113,499 times)

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 10, 2011, 01:40:46 AM
who are you talking to?

the guy before me didn't use the exact words "contradict", but I never said anything about protesting.

Don't know who you're referencing

"thanks for answer, a lot of my friens are saying that if prometheus discard the alien queen life cycle they will not go to see it and they will ignore it."

maddriver

Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 10, 2011, 03:03:37 AM
Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 10, 2011, 01:40:46 AM
who are you talking to?

the guy before me didn't use the exact words "contradict", but I never said anything about protesting.

Don't know who you're referencing

"thanks for answer, a lot of my friens are saying that if prometheus discard the alien queen life cycle they will not go to see it and they will ignore it."
And that doesn't make a lot of sense.

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 10, 2011, 03:15:36 AM
yes it does makes sense.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: prometheUSA on Aug 10, 2011, 03:42:22 AM
Quote from: maddriver on Aug 10, 2011, 03:15:36 AM
yes it does makes sense.
it makes sense but is it really worth missing out on what will likely be the best alien movie since the original?

ThisBethesdaSea

It makes sense for them, but it's the dumbest thing I've read in a while. They should see Prometheus because it has the capability to be one of the best science fiction films in decades, not because they're angry that they're not getting what they want. If Ridley Scott pandered to fanboys wishes I wouldn't respect him as an artist, nor would i be interested in his art.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Aug 10, 2011, 04:34:07 AM
It makes sense for them, but it's the dumbest thing I've read in a while. They should see Prometheus because it has the capability to be one of the best science fiction films in decades, not because they're angry that they're not getting what they want. If Ridley Scott pandered to fanboys wishes I wouldn't respect him as an artist, nor would i be interested in his art.
agree 100%

Divpax

Divpax

If Prometheus was to throw the alien sequels and spin offs out of canon then I will too. The only sequel that I can watch over and over again is the extended alien 3.

The other 2 seem like dumb action movies, good dumb action movies, but still dumb action movies.

Stans

Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 10, 2011, 01:36:03 AM
really? people are gonna protest this if it contradicts the alien queen? that's beyond retarded. if you're gonna be that anally technical about semantics like that, the queen was contradicted in the first movie with the deleted cocoon scene.

clarifying i like the ridley´s work, i love the first alien is my favorite of all the saga, i love the gigerezque alien, so erotic, so biomechanical, perverse and terrifying, i love the cocooned scene of bret and dallas is very misterious and dark, actualy i dont like all the cameron´s vision about the alien lifecycle compared with ants, my friends love the queen alien and we are speculating about if the queen posibly will be discarded of the saga canon, they dont want to see prometheus if discard the alien queen .

i realy don´t care if the queen is discarded, i prefer the terror and suspense of alien than the action of aliens.

ThisBethesdaSea

If I hear people complain about Fu€king canon one more time...I swear...

Who gives a shit. Let the film be what it is as opposed to preparing opposition if it doesn't fit in your box of expectations.

josh_axey

I just hope Ridley has fun making a film that I will love to watch over and over.

Can we really ask for, or expect anything more?

I have no doubt in my mind this will be amazing, regardless of what the content covers.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: josh_axey on Aug 11, 2011, 04:24:46 AM
I just hope Ridley has fun making a film that I will love to watch over and over.

he said its the most fun he's had on a picture in years. this adds to the sizable list of things to be excited about. it all seems to damn good to be true

Stans

no matter what happens i really going to see prometheus, im pretty sure that ridley can bring the essense of alien, how it should be

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Stans on Aug 11, 2011, 05:00:42 AM
no matter what happens i really going to see prometheus, im pretty sure that ridley can bring the essense of alien, how it should be

My take on is that Ridley will bring his inherent style and influence and thus Prometheus will have very a similar look and feel as the original Alien. There's no point in changing artistic styles, especially when there's so much money, time, etc... on the line.

Now, what I'm really interested in is what Lindelof and Dariusz Wolski will bring to the table. Maybe even what Ridley's brother Tony will bring because Tony is a producer on here too. Too many good names to mention. There will be a lot more proven talent around Ridley this time.  And I'm just very excited from this fact alone especially since I'm a huge movie buff

icedog97

icedog97

On canon:
It's entertainment. As long as some kind of logical explanation is presented that makes getting from A to B plausible...then you should just go with it.

It's entirely possible that the original creatures were asexual. What we see in Alien is IMPLIED to be something that was borne of the space jockey. The egg that impregnated Kane, we assume, came from Space Jockey/Alien DNA.

But obviously, in Alien, we never saw a full life cycle of the creature...one born from a human...to know what would have happened to it.

It's completely logical to assume that what happened in Aliens was the result of human hosts. Something we would have seen in Alien, had the creature survived longer.

It's also completely logical to assume what happened in Aliens could be explained by something that happened elsewhere on LV-426, independent of the human hosts...and we were never shown it or had it explained (uh...Prometheus anyone?).

And it could be parts of both...hmmmm.....

Either way, saying you will IGNORE a movie if it doesn't acknowledge the Queen's life cycle is obviously a personal choice. But it's one you should think about...because making a statement like that...to me at least...means you have taken something too far.

What if Prometheus never mentions a Queen in the life cycle...but there is a second prequel that does? You won't know until then, will you?

I am a huge Star Trek fan from back in the days of TOS. But I enjoyed the reboot and accepted the premise. Even if it had been less logical, I would have still accepted it and tried to enjoy it. Why deprive yourself of that?

On the relationship to Alien:
I saw somebody post about not knowing if this movie is related to Alien.

I'm sorry...unless time and money has been spent to purposefully mislead us (we know some probably has), it would be almost impossible for this not to be an Alien prequel...part I.

I mean seriously...space jockey...the design of the set (Giger design everywhere)...the things people have seen on the set. If anything, they have tried to lead us away from that because Ridley doesn't want someone to be disappointed if a chest hasn't burst by minute 20 of the film.

On Scott, the actors, the film in general:
I can't imagine who better to try and preserve the legacy of the original film...one that obviously was a big deal for Ridley...than the man himself.

I don't know how any movie like this could meet EVERYONES expectations...but I am excited to see it because so many of the people you would want involved in this movie ARE working on it.

What more could you ask for?

T Dog

Quote from: icedog97 on Aug 12, 2011, 02:06:45 PM
On canon:
It's entertainment. As long as some kind of logical explanation is presented that makes getting from A to B plausible...then you should just go with it.

It's entirely possible that the original creatures were asexual. What we see in Alien is IMPLIED to be something that was borne of the space jockey. The egg that impregnated Kane, we assume, came from Space Jockey/Alien DNA.

But obviously, in Alien, we never saw a full life cycle of the creature...one born from a human...to know what would have happened to it.

It's completely logical to assume that what happened in Aliens was the result of human hosts. Something we would have seen in Alien, had the creature survived longer.

It's also completely logical to assume what happened in Aliens could be explained by something that happened elsewhere on LV-426, independent of the human hosts...and we were never shown it or had it explained (uh...Prometheus anyone?).

And it could be parts of both...hmmmm.....

Either way, saying you will IGNORE a movie if it doesn't acknowledge the Queen's life cycle is obviously a personal choice. But it's one you should think about...because making a statement like that...to me at least...means you have taken something too far.

What if Prometheus never mentions a Queen in the life cycle...but there is a second prequel that does? You won't know until then, will you?

I am a huge Star Trek fan from back in the days of TOS. But I enjoyed the reboot and accepted the premise. Even if it had been less logical, I would have still accepted it and tried to enjoy it. Why deprive yourself of that?

On the relationship to Alien:
I saw somebody post about not knowing if this movie is related to Alien.

I'm sorry...unless time and money has been spent to purposefully mislead us (we know some probably has), it would be almost impossible for this not to be an Alien prequel...part I.

I mean seriously...space jockey...the design of the set (Giger design everywhere)...the things people have seen on the set. If anything, they have tried to lead us away from that because Ridley doesn't want someone to be disappointed if a chest hasn't burst by minute 20 of the film.

On Scott, the actors, the film in general:
I can't imagine who better to try and preserve the legacy of the original film...one that obviously was a big deal for Ridley...than the man himself.

I don't know how any movie like this could meet EVERYONES expectations...but I am excited to see it because so many of the people you would want involved in this movie ARE working on it.

What more could you ask for?

Here here. I think you've sumarised a lot of my feelings about this.

"If anything, they have tried to lead us away from that because Ridley doesn't want someone to be disappointed if a chest hasn't burst by minute 20 of the film."

I think this kind of thing is the main reason for the name change and the "is a prequel/isn't a prequel" official vagueness.
At this point the Alien saga comes with too much presumptions and expectations that they have to play against the past in order to do something genuinely new and not just "oh yeah, change the monster a bit, that'll do fine".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed