Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 113,495 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: nendo on Aug 06, 2011, 09:33:44 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 06, 2011, 09:18:26 PM
Quote from: Ivymike on Aug 06, 2011, 09:07:41 PM
Oh God...
What gives you so sure that will be holographic screens in Prometheus? ::)
If I recall it's due to a crewmember's facebook update talking about working on hologram table displays or something.
or something. Said from memory working on the ships control panels. No mention of holograms from what i can remember
Quote from: Darkoo on Aug 06, 2011, 09:40:17 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/34pf2ja.jpg
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=38334.0
There.

DANIELQMUL

Quote from: AnthonyWC70788 on Aug 03, 2011, 10:32:59 PM
Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 03, 2011, 10:20:48 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 03, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
They've already implemented some of Alien in there.  The room where fassbender is walking in looks pretty old school.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_2.jpg

And keep in mind that the Prometheus ship is a different working-class ship than the Nostromo.  I wouldn't even call it a working-class ship.  It's a ship made for scientists and explorers so it would be at the VERY top of the line.
when we are talking interiors and different gadgets yes.but cryopods?i think those are pretty standard if you do faster then light.they can't have newer tehnology cryopods 30 years before the first film.

and also remember aliens?it is set 70 years after the first movie .it has a military vessel,wich theoretically should use the latest in tehnology and be very fast.it still didn't have jelly in the pods.i still say that in those screens there is only light.

people only make the asumption it is goo because we saw the goo in the eggs and started fantasizing about it.it's stupid.also the pics we have are low quality.the contrast in them is bad.the colours are off.when we'll se the actual detailed footage are doubts will be resolved

I see what you are saying. But why would the goo be newer tech? If anything I think that the goo would be a step backward. Why have to clean goo off when you can just get out and be alright you know. Are they really going that much faster then the other movies, I would think it is about the same especially since this movie is basically a prequel. Plus in Alien and Aliens when they get out of the tubes they are groggy yes, but not like we think that one picture shows where it looks as if they have just awoken and one of them is falling down to their knees you know.

So yes I would think the goo is a step backwards in tech.

But I can also see where you think it is just lighting. Remember this movie is being filmed in 3D so this could be something they did to enhance the look you know... Anthony

I don't think Ridley Scott see's beyond his Alien film. So anything that's been seen post Alien 1 mean's nothing in terms of Tech or Alien hybrid.

josh_axey

josh_axey

I'm hoping that the bio-mech head pilot thingy is reminiscent in style to something like the below:

or

x-M-x

This might be a stupid question here.... (im out of the loop) lol,

But i assume the jockey is still a bag of bones/fossil when the crew explore the  derelict? seeing as this movie is around 35 years before A.L.I.E.N ?

The only time the jockey is seen alive is that (Million years scene yea?)

And we see more of this ship new places/sections right? Those screenshots look awesome.

harlock

The crew wont be going to the Derelict on LV-426, it'll be another Jockey ship, with at least one living Jockey in hypersleep, or they do go to the Derelict and find the Engineer(s) in another part of the ship. I'm sticking with the former explanation.

As an aside, apart from the tusks, I'd say the Giant Head will look more like the second picture from the above post.

josh_axey

Quote from: harlock on Aug 09, 2011, 05:32:49 PM
The crew wont be going to the Derelict on LV-426, it'll be another Jockey ship, with at least one living Jockey in hypersleep, or they do go to the Derelict and find the Engineer(s) in another part of the ship. I'm sticking with the former explanation.

As an aside, apart from the tusks, I'd say the Giant Head will look more like the second picture from the above post.

Me too. Hopefully HR Giger is having more input than we've been lead to believe...

Deuterium

Question for you guys...is this still being planned (and filmed) as two separate films, or has that changed and we are now talking about one, stand-alone film.

Stans

i have another question, this film will discard the alien queen seen in aliens?  :-\

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: deuterium on Aug 09, 2011, 11:02:03 PM
Question for you guys...is this still being planned (and filmed) as two separate films, or has that changed and we are now talking about one, stand-alone film.
There is an article that says Ridley is "buttering up" Lindelof to help him again with a 2nd one.  So you can presume from this article that at least Ridley wants to do a sequel to Prometheus.

http://collider.com/prometheus-comic-con/104058/

The article is probably referencing what Ridley said in the satelitte feed video in SDCC. I didn't watch the actual feed.

Quote from: Stans on Aug 10, 2011, 12:26:26 AM
i have another question, this film will discard the alien queen seen in aliens?  :-\

That is not yet known.

Stans

thanks for answer, a lot of my friens are saying that if prometheus discard the alien queen life cycle they will not go to see it and they will ignore it.

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Stans on Aug 10, 2011, 01:00:12 AM
thanks for answer, a lot of my friens are saying that if prometheus discard the alien queen life cycle they will not go to see it and they will ignore it.
yeah, a lot of people are divided on the issue, contrary to what some posters say otherwise.

I hope at least that nothing in Prometheus will contradict the existence of queens. But for me, not a deal breaker. Just glad that another real Alien movie will come about, because for me the last truly great movie in the franchise was created 25 years ago.

m138jewski

m138jewski

really? people are gonna protest this if it contradicts the alien queen? that's beyond retarded. if you're gonna be that anally technical about semantics like that, the queen was contradicted in the first movie with the deleted cocoon scene.

NUB DESTROYER

who are you talking to?

the guy before me didn't use the exact words "contradict", but I never said anything about protesting.

Don't know who you're referencing

predxeno

Don't worry, whether or not this film is in any way related to the Alien franchise is still relatively up for debate.  I imagine this debate will still exist even after the film is released.

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 10, 2011, 01:44:43 AM

Don't worry, whether or not this film is in any way related to the Alien franchise is still relatively up for debate.  I imagine this debate will still exist even after the film is released.

Yeah probably this. This will be Ridley's first movie that goes back to the same universe (purportedly) as his older movies. I don't think he cares about continuity. While you guys debate, he'll probably be working on his next romance or heist movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed