Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 114,413 times)

nendo

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 01, 2011, 06:41:06 PM
Someone else jumped to the conclusion it was a non-human hand but at first glance to me it's just someone wearing a glove...

agreed.. It just looked like one of there space suit gloves. I don't think ridley or fox would put in even a snippet of the alien creatures in the first footage

PHANTOM

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 01, 2011, 06:37:56 PM
@ Phantom, afaik there might be an "original form" of the xenomorph included but the focus of the movie won't be on it...i guess it will be some kind of new creation since we all already know the classic Alien. Can't scare anyone anymore...

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 01, 2011, 06:38:29 PM
It's officially unknown whether we'll see Xeno's or not. They like to claim this as a standalone film within the universe of Alien but the more and more i/we see the more it looks pretty damn related to the original.

And certainly i could by that platform being the top of the giant head. I really don't know that'll i speculate too much about it now though. Sure, that's a good chuck of the fun, but we really have no clue what the giant head symbolizes am i right?

Supposedly there's some kind of "pure" form of xeno we havent seen yet, that's pressumably a creation of the Jockeys, maybe workers of some kind, but it's rumoured is nothing like the creature from Alien.  Im guessing what happens is, the goo we've seen in other pics gets contaminated by these humans, and they eventually spawn the alien we know which wreaks havok on everything else.

As for the giant 'head' I'm just going along with everyone else here 'coz I can see what looks like a nose, lol, but it could and probably will be something completely different!

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: nendo on Aug 01, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
Someone else jumped to the conclusion it was a non-human hand but at first glance to me it's just someone wearing a glove...

agreed.. It just looked like one of there space suit gloves. I don't think ridley or fox would put in even a snippet of the alien creatures in the first footage

Aye,

Color fits and the design of the plates on her shoulder looks similar to the small plates on the glove.

The Xenoborg

...it's just someone wearing a glove...
It is, lol.

The pictures are great. But any movie can have a Bio-mechanical feel to it. Should it, being bio-mechanical, necessarily make it an Alien film? The Giant Head makes me want to not believe that it is an Alien film. Just saying..

Spidey3121

Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 01, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 01, 2011, 06:38:29 PM
It's officially unknown whether we'll see Xeno's or not. They like to claim this as a standalone film within the universe of Alien but the more and more i/we see the more it looks pretty damn related to the original.

And certainly i could by that platform being the top of the giant head. I really don't know that'll i speculate too much about it now though. Sure, that's a good chuck of the fun, but we really have no clue what the giant head symbolizes am i right?

Supposedly there's some kind of "pure" form of xeno we havent seen yet, that's pressumably a creation of the Jockeys, maybe workers of some kind, but it's rumoured is nothing like the creature from Alien.  Im guessing what happens is, the goo we've seen in other pics gets contaminated by these humans, and becomes the alien we know, and wreaks havok on everything else.

Perhaps - I'd heard of the alleged pure alien before but i'm cautious as to what i perceive that to mean. If there's one thing i'm not keen on it's Alien goo, especially if it's of some vital importance to the development of any particular creature. What immediately pops to mind is the Species films, most notably II, when it's an alien goo that triggers the transformation into w/e creature they become. They too often talk of purebred aliens that we've not seen. Now, maybe it's disingenuous to compare the Alien franchise, espec the original, with Species, but that's where my mind goes when talking about 'goo' and pure, or half, breeds.

Deuterium

Unless it is a coincidence of convergent exo-evolution, the "hand" has five fingers, which makes it a tetrapod, and therefore homologous with human.  So, probably a man/woman in a spacesuit (glove) ?

JaaayDee

Larger:

RoaryUK

Quote from: nendo on Aug 01, 2011, 06:48:26 PM

I was joking dude did you not see mr smiley there lol

JaaayDee

maddriver

Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them.

Never say no to Panda!

I have seen this Luke Pic a few hours ago...best MS Paint Job ever :D

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

One thing bothers me, I sure hope the Space Jockey's in this movie are hostile, some reports suggest they cummunicate with humans in order to save themselves when whatever they're up against gets lose.  Don't fancy sitting through 2 hours of friendly aliens fighting more aliens....surely that won't happen right?   >:(

RidgeTop

I haven't seen those reports, but I think that would be quite interesting actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed