Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers)

Started by JaaayDee, Jul 23, 2011, 08:53:11 AM

Author
Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers) (Read 131,637 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

An old excerpt from IMDB:

Spoiler
QuoteI have access to Prometheus. Ask me anything and I shall answer.

First, Prometheus is the name of the human starship.

David (Michael Fassbender) is a science officer, who is an android and is supposed to parallel Ash from the first Alien. Since we know what happened in that film, David is a suspicious character that turns out to be a hero of the movie who sacrifices his life.

Elizabeth (Noomi Rapace)is the hero and very much so in the vein of Ripley.

Vickers (Charlize Theron) is a Weyland Yutani saboteur, an android disguised as a human. Mission, to steal an alien lifeform (THE EGG) and bring it back to Earth.

After Prometheus crew intercepts the Space Jockeys' starship (on its way to LV-426) Vickers' goes to work on her secret mission.

During the heist, all hell breaks lose and Space Jockey's starship crash lands on LV-426.

An alien gets loose and impregnates one of the Space Jockeys. After a violent birth, it proceeds to terrorize not only the stranded humans, but the Space Jockeys as well. This is a much different looking alien and the ones that came from humans in Alien/Aliens are never shown nor are a part of the plot.

The humans and the Space Jockeys are forced to combine forces and learn a thing, or two about each other's race. The Space Jockeys are terraformers who terraformed Earth. Essentially our Gods.

Vickers fails its mission and since Weyland Yutani knows where the Space Jockeys' ship crash landed the company plants Ash aboard a starship on its way to mine mineral from a nearby star system.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/thread/185917508
[close]

SiL

It's IMDb. It's bullshit.

Even if it were true, just it being on IMDb has caused history to rewrite itself to make it false.

RoaryUK

When someone says "I have access to Prometheus. Ask me anything and I shall answer." it's already time to move on... besides you said it yourself, 'beware it's from IMDB'  8)

maddriver

I don't know what to say. By reading  it, the first half is exactly a fan-story i posted a while ago (on these boards). Almost word for word.
But still, there is stated that
Spoiler
They send an android to get an alien egg. So that still doesn't explain how the Company found out about its existence. Wasn't that the entire point of making a prequel in the first place?
[close]

I doubt it's legit.

Marr

It's absolute nonsense. Best ignored.

JaaayDee

Yeah, well I'm thinking he probably pieced together the comic con news into that plot.  But leaked reports have already turned out to be true which showed that anything is possible at this point.   

Terx2

Until the movie comes out will never know if IMDB is right. But I doubt it.

RoaryUK

if anyone really needed a reason, I lost interest when I read this:

"Prometheus crew intercepts the Space Jockeys' starship (on its way to LV-426)"

....the thing is, how do you 'intercept' an alien craft with technology far superior to ours and probably faster than anything man made in the first place??

No..no..no..no..noooo  lol !!!

Never say no to Panda!

Well, could be fan fiction, could be the real deal - i don't think that the story will be like "OMG, my brain melts!"
Producers won't confirm antything in the near future too keep the project interesting...

And with the informations you got at the moment you could make up unlimited stories that are connected to the old franchise and sound possible.

@ Roary, they'll steal a...PREDATOR cloaking device  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 23, 2011, 08:57:29 AM
It's IMDb. It's bullshit.

Even if it were true, just it being on IMDb has caused history to rewrite itself to make it false.
Ha, exactly.

Squidlovez

Don't know what to think. It can be "real" like most of the rumors we have heard in the past, or not.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

This will never happen, but I'd actually love it if the plot was about this expedition to LV426, with the guys discovering the thousands-of-years old Derelict, only to witness not everything in it is dead. Kind of like At the Mountains of Madness, just switch the Elder Thing City with the Derelict, along with tweakes here and here. Would work wonders, and would be my ideal take.

Darkbladepred2.0

Yeah... I'm not buying this.

Corporal Hicks

Just sounds like what people would speculate on. Besides, like has been said, iMDB = rubbish from "Special" people.

zuzuki

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 23, 2011, 09:14:53 AM
if anyone really needed a reason, I lost interest when I read this:

"Prometheus crew intercepts the Space Jockeys' starship (on its way to LV-426)"

....the thing is, how do you 'intercept' an alien craft with technology far superior to ours and probably faster than anything man made in the first place??

No..no..no..no..noooo  lol !!!

this part was in alien harvest,but yeah seems like a sum of all the things we heard by now and some added fiction but what has been said at comic con contradicts this report.remember they find that cave with hieroglyphs ,then they said the crew find a civilization.so noooooo thank you.bullshit report

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed