New Details On Aliens: Infestation

Started by ikarop, Jul 15, 2011, 01:53:41 PM

Author
New Details On Aliens: Infestation (Read 8,116 times)

ikarop

ikarop

According to the ESRB, SEGA’s upcoming Nintendo DS title Aliens: Infestation is a side-scrolling action game. The classification board has rated the game as Teen. The description reads as follows:

This is a sci-fi action platformer in which players control a marine squad on a mission to eradicate alien creatures. As players run and jump through side-scrolling levels, they use rifles, pistols, flamethrowers, and explosives to kill enemy soldiers and aliens (i.e., "xenomorphs"). The frenetic battles are highlighted by realistic gunfire, explosions, and cries of pain; injured aliens emit green splashes of blood before collapsing to the ground. Some sequences also depict red blood spurts when human characters are killed (e.g., an alien bursting out of a man’s chest; characters getting bitten by aliens). During the course of the game, players can enter a locker room and see a male character whose buttocks are briefly exposed. The words "a*s," "bastard," and "hell" appear in the dialogue.

When contacted by us, Sega kindly replied: “No comment”. Sega had the game classified in Australia last May with WayForward Technologies as developer.

newbeing

I wonder how close to finished this game is if it's been reviewed by the ESRB. Would be nice to have a new alien game to tide me over until next spring and Wayforward have made some top notch games in the past.

Jay Thomas

That description is really funny! You see, there is red stuff, that's blood. There's green stuff, that's alien blood. There's buttocks, that's a butt.

Excited! But, shouldn't this be coming to 3DS and not DS?

9th_Stew

why would anyone wanna see a males marines arse?

Cellien

I still have a DS but I kinda wish this was multi-platform.  Being a portable game, I really would like it on iPhone/iPod so I could actually play it on the go.  I don't take my DS anywhere. 

newbeing

good thing 3DS is backwards compatible.

Signore Predatore

Quote from: thewoozy on Jul 15, 2011, 02:25:52 PM
That description is really funny! You see, there is red stuff, that's blood. There's green stuff, that's alien blood. There's buttocks, that's a butt.

Excited! But, shouldn't this be coming to 3DS and not DS?
It would be much better if it was on 3DS since DS games are usually 2-D and it would be much funner if it was in 3-D, The pictures of how the game is going to look on the DS is more like if your're playing a gameboy.

Jay Thomas

This video of the game footage looks more like a wide 3DS screen than a DS screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbjped9gM8#

Signore Predatore

Quote from: thewoozy on Jul 15, 2011, 11:15:40 PM
This video of the game footage looks more like a wide 3DS screen than a DS screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbjped9gM8#
Is that a space jockey you fight at 01:22!?  :o

CainsSon

I think it looks like a good time. Its an interesting choice, a side scroller for ALIENS. Especially now. I'll buy it.

frostedone

This is cool! Man the 2010s must be the Alien/Predator comeback years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed