More Prometheus Set Pictures Leaked

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 05, 2011, 04:38:31 PM

Author
More Prometheus Set Pictures Leaked (Read 39,418 times)

Ryu

Ryu

Good news. Someone noticed, the entrance arch, appears to have a face, similar to the Space Jockey? What is interesting is that the entrance is reminiscent of an picture of the unused HR Giger, explaining the reproduction of the Alien.

ThisBethesdaSea

BULLSHIT this isn't a pseudo-reboot / connected prequel to ALIEN.

weylandchronicles

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 05, 2011, 08:26:10 PM
BULLSHIT this isn't a pseudo-reboot / connected prequel to ALIEN.

I guess it depends on your definition of a prequel. If one defines a 'prequel' as a story set before an existing film/book etc, that ends where the existing work starts, then it may well be that this is NOT a prequel in that sense.

But, it's never been claimed that there was no conneciton to Alien - Scott himself said the film would contain 'Alien DNA' - I guess it's buried in sets like this :-)

ThisBethesdaSea

BURIED??

If that's buried then I found fools gold.

That said...what I LOVE about this is that instead of going for CG on those entryways and corridors...which clearly a lesser filmmaker like Lucas would have done...Ridley Scott built that shit to scale!

Look into my eye

Quote from: Ryu on Jul 05, 2011, 08:23:49 PM
Good news. Someone noticed, the entrance arch, appears to have a face, similar to the Space Jockey? What is interesting is that the entrance is reminiscent of an picture of the unused HR Giger, explaining the reproduction of the Alien.

Hmm, very hard to make out if it's a face, let alone a Space Jockey.Scott has hinted what we saw in Alien was only a suit, so I guess the Jockey could look like something we haven't even seen before.
Anyway, more I see of this the more I cannot wait to see a this movie and what they have planned.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Loving the look of the film so far.

RoaryUK

I take it you mean this....

As for the 'entrance with a face' idea, it's really too dark to tell what that is, but I do believe a pair of hands form the arch and are definately holding something. :)

Ryu

Ryu

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 05, 2011, 08:54:31 PM

I take it you mean this....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/hr_giger_alienhieroglyphics.jpg

As for the 'entrance with a face' idea, it's really too dark to tell what that is, but I do believe a pair of hands form the arch and are definately holding something. :)
It was just that he was speaking.
I hope the film itself, we see the prototype of the Alien and more like creatures Biomechanics, as well as a cousin of the Alien , that is more deadly and dangerous than the original.

harlock

Looks like we'll see the original pyramid in this film. Could be that the Derelict landed on the pyramid and some type of shift of the basalt planes buried the pyramid under the ship so it couldnt be seen anymore.
Sandstorms were mentioned in the original script to Alien, so that could be an explanation of there being no pyramid seen in Alien (the egg chamber within the Derelict was actually the buried pyramid under the ship).

RoaryUK

Quote from: harlock on Jul 05, 2011, 09:16:25 PM
Looks like we'll see the original pyramid in this film. Could be that the Derelict landed on the pyramid and some type of shift of the basalt planes buried the pyramid under the ship so it couldnt be seen anymore.
Sandstorms were mentioned in the original script to Alien, so that could be an explanation of there being no pyramid seen in Alien (the egg chamber within the Derelict was actually the buried pyramid under the ship).

Yes, I've always thought it made more sense if the Pyramid was under the Derelict. It always bothered me how vast the canyon looks, which Kane descends into, in relation to the rest of the ship.  Not saying it's impossible to be that way, but somehow it just never looked right to me.

Deathly_rYaN

Im not really gonna enjoy this movie as much as Alien. So im not gonna see it... Ima GOIN TO BUY IT!! lol just kidding not even gonna see it i think

JaaayDee

Thanks for letting us know.

BUGZ

BUGZ

This looks insane! I'm loving the Giger sets!! Fooking Giger man!!!

HR GIGER!!!!  ;D

Cannot wait to see this film!

Bri 8)

Master

Master

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 05, 2011, 09:31:18 PM
Quote from: harlock on Jul 05, 2011, 09:16:25 PM

Yes, I've always thought it made more sense if the Pyramid was under the Derelict. It always bothered me how vast the canyon looks, which Kane descends into, in relation to the rest of the ship.  Not saying it's impossible to be that way, but somehow it just never looked right to me.

Well guys, I really don`t think action of Prometheus wll be set on Lv-426...

Spece Jockey there is not the only one of it`s kind.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 05, 2011, 08:07:54 PM
Imagine if they used children again to portray the actors in certain scenes.  That would double the set's size.

that i would like

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed