Plot [Rumor]

Started by ikarop, Jun 30, 2011, 12:05:09 AM

Author
Plot [Rumor] (Read 37,769 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jul 02, 2011, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 02, 2011, 10:29:55 PM
I see where you guy's are going with it, but it's treading in Phantom Menace waters there.

I don't see how you can use the galaxy established over 20 years, then disregard everything in it.           
http://www.pr0gramm.com/data/images/2011/05/edward-norton-closing-laptop.gif
This, this, so much this.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jul 02, 2011, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 02, 2011, 10:29:55 PM
I see where you guy's are going with it, but it's treading in Phantom Menace waters there.

I don't see how you can use the galaxy established over 20 years, then disregard everything in it.           
http://www.pr0gramm.com/data/images/2011/05/edward-norton-closing-laptop.gif

I'm not even sure I understand what your trying to say? Either that or you don't understand my post?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

This is quite simply....the story about the Derelict and The Companys interest in whatever is out there....thats why the ship is featured. There was a story going on before Ripleys and Co. arrived. This is that story.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 02, 2011, 11:21:46 PM
This is quite simply....the story about the Derelict and The Companys interest in whatever is out there....thats why the ship is featured. There was a story going on before Ripleys and Co. arrived. This is that story.

Speculation. We have no idea what links this movie to the Alien franchise. Obviously there's a 99% chance it's the same ship.

If your saying The Company knew about the Derelict, people have had that debate before, it doesn't end up pretty ... :P

The more I think about it, there isn't really any need for the crash scene at all.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Debate? Why is this even a debate. Ash was put on the Nostromo just before they left, and the way Ash acted it seemed pretty obvious that some one knew something before the Nostromo landed on that planet.

Highland

Highland

So in going on that.

" to discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery"

They stuck Ash, on a floating Oil Rig, to pick it up on the way back from work.

Not buying it.  :)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

That was written like a two year old. I wouldn't buy it either.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 03, 2011, 02:18:40 AM
That was written like a two year old. I wouldn't buy it either.

That's from the official plot synopsis though  ;)

I'm just pointing out that it's possibly got serious plot and timeline issue's if he's linking it with the Derelict. I could be wrong, it might all mesh together perfectly.

But putting the crash at the start, makes no sense to me at all.

azrael55

azrael55

maybe the only connection in THIS prometheus movie will be the space jockeys and a version of the alien. they might consider making the connection storywise (crash of the sj's ship) in a potential sequel to prometheus - or not at all...

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

"They stuck Ash, on a floating Oil Rig, to pick it up on the way back from work. " was written like a two year old.

And if it's up for debate then it's a distinct possibility.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 03, 2011, 05:19:36 AM
"They stuck Ash, on a floating Oil Rig, to pick it up on the way back from work. " was written like a two year old.

And if it's up for debate then it's a distinct possibility.

It must be my dry wit that's got your knickers in a twist.

Your implying that Ash knows about the Alien through the events of Prometheus?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Highland on Jul 03, 2011, 06:06:23 AM
Your implying that Ash knows about the Alien through the events of Prometheus?
According to Scott, nobody knows about the Alien, but they know about an alien.

'I think any corporation that sends probes into unknown territory is going to think of the possibility of finding something new. I'm sure that the crew members on all its ships would have been briefed to bring back anything of interest. It would be part of one's job to bring it back. An alien, of course, would be of top priority. This particular corporation didn't have a preconceived notion that an alien would be found on this mission, much less the particular alien that is brought onto the ship. The idea of bringing it back alive would not have been on the minds of the corporate executives when they first received the alien transmission. They just had high expectations when they ordered the Nostromo to investigate - it was purely out of curiousity.'

Joe117

Joe117

Has anyone seen the other plot synopsis? On worstpreviews.com......ide post the link itsself but I'm on my phone so I can't but it says

*Spoilers*

Humans find out we were made by spacejockeys and we find coordinates to their homeworld this ship is called "prometheus" when we get there the space jockies are happy to see us and give us tech but some dumb human abuses this and steals terraforming tech so the space jockies unlesh a deadly enemy I'm guessing the alien....that's it summed up

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Joe117 on Jul 03, 2011, 12:29:34 PM
Has anyone seen the other plot synopsis? On worstpreviews.com......ide post the link itsself but I'm on my phone so I can't but it says

Humans find out we were made by spacejockeys and we find coordinates to their homeworld this ship is called "prometheus" when we get there the space jockies are happy to see us and give us tech but some dumb human abuses this and steals terraforming tech so the space jockies unlesh a deadly enemy I'm guessing the alien....that's it summed up
Heard it. It's fake.

Joe117

Joe117

Ok thanks I kinda liked the idea but it happens thanks for clearin it up

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed