Plot [Rumor]

Started by ikarop, Jun 30, 2011, 12:05:09 AM

Author
Plot [Rumor] (Read 37,783 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Update

Fox responds to rumours by releasing the official synopsis:

QuoteA Fox rep told us the above synopsis is not real at all, and described it as "way off." And they provided us with the following official synopsis:

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

Original Post

According to IO9 this could be the plot for Prometheus: http://io9.com/5816884/.

The synopsis has been sent to several news sites apparently. So take it with a pinch of salt.

QuoteEarth. year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys) These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures.
Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I can dig it.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I don't know. Feels too much like a synopsis that someone could slap together with the information we already have. Terraforming Jockeys and the Prometheus myth, stir until feasible. Too easy.

I certainly hope they're planning a bigger curveball than this.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Love It!!!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 30, 2011, 12:39:56 AM
I don't know. Feels too much like a synopsis that someone could slap together with the information we already have. Terraforming Jockeys and the Prometheus myth, stir until feasible. Too easy.

Every word.

Pn2501

Pn2501

sounding like the opening episode to macross.

im agreeing with what sticks said. And the timing is a little coincidental, right after it was confirmed the ship in the movie will be called Prometheus.

"Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth."

gawd this line sounds so f**king cheesy.

Highland

Highland

The thing I can't quite wrap my head around, is that for your general movie going Sci-fi fan, that's the equivalent of watching Avatar and then Darth Vader suddenly showing up at the end for a WTF moment.

I mean, your sitting through this incredibly thought provoking piece for 2 hours and at the end those little nasty feckers from AVPR you watched on FOX last week because nothing else was on, are suddenly responsible for the ending of the entire movie?

It's not going to work is it?

predxeno

predxeno

Sounds like a great plot, but not for a film in the Alien franchise.  Sorry, guys.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 30, 2011, 01:25:38 AM
Sounds like a great plot, but not for a film in the Alien franchise.  Sorry, guys.
If you loved AVPR I'm sure you'll like this.

predxeno

predxeno

I'm still getting my head around the idea that the Aliens are creations of the space jockeys and are not naturally created.  Then again according to this, humans weren't naturally created, either.  Maybe Predators were jockey creations as well only they never found the jockey homeworld.  If all this were the case, then I guess I can dig it. ;D

Pn2501

Pn2501

what would we do without you px.

predxeno

predxeno

I kinda doubt this is the actual plot; it sounds too closely related to the Alien franchise.  I really don't see why Ridley would need to rename the film to include these changes; there are Aliens and they seem to be a relatively important part of the film.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I really hope that year is a typo.

I REALLY HOPE SO.

Squidlovez

Squidlovez

I really like it! but then again, it is a rumor so I am trying to get no excitement at all.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 01:17:21 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 30, 2011, 12:39:56 AM

Every word.
Agreed. My thoughts exactly. I pieced something vaguely similar together myself while reading all this info. There are some things that sound right but overall it's pretty weak.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed