25 Years of Aliens Convention

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 28, 2011, 08:39:51 PM

Author
25 Years of Aliens Convention (Read 59,554 times)

get to da choppa

Hey guys. I'm arriving in leicester train station around 9.25 on the Saturday so if anyone else is arriving at Leicester around that time let us know and we can all  journey down to meet Aaron & co.

friendlyskies

Quote from: Abe on Sep 06, 2011, 07:16:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2011, 05:33:38 PM
Well the panels kick off at 11, I think it opens around 10. I was aiming to be there for 10. Here's the schedule:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254720_261420113887361_218947031468003_981523_4885940_n.jpg

And dinner instructions:

Is there a schedule that covers where the events are that don't come on at certain times? I.e The Harry Harris Alien collection.

Harry's Aliens collection will be available to view all day, both days, in the main galleries area. You won't be able to miss it :)
The same goes for anything else, that isn't a panel, like the UKCM and RPF prop displays for example.

Cheers

Darren

Abe

Abe

Quote from: friendlyskies on Sep 06, 2011, 09:51:05 PM
Quote from: Abe on Sep 06, 2011, 07:16:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2011, 05:33:38 PM
Well the panels kick off at 11, I think it opens around 10. I was aiming to be there for 10. Here's the schedule:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254720_261420113887361_218947031468003_981523_4885940_n.jpg

And dinner instructions:

Is there a schedule that covers where the events are that don't come on at certain times? I.e The Harry Harris Alien collection.

Harry's Aliens collection will be available to view all day, both days, in the main galleries area. You won't be able to miss it :)
The same goes for anything else, that isn't a panel, like the UKCM and RPF prop displays for example.

Cheers

Darren

Will there be a form or something telling us were all these things are? Or is the Space Centre a simple place to get around. :D

friendlyskies

Hi Abe

The Space Centre is pretty easy to get around and there will be plenty of marines around you can ask but there will be something to tell you what's on and where with a map included.

Cheers

Darren

Abe

Abe

Quote from: friendlyskies on Sep 07, 2011, 07:15:22 AM
Hi Abe

The Space Centre is pretty easy to get around and there will be plenty of marines around you can ask but there will be something to tell you what's on and where with a map included.

Cheers

Darren

Ok Thanks. ;D

ADC

ADC

@Abe: There is no age restriction for Alien Encounters (although be aware there is a very quick, 2 sec clip of the chestburster scene).
Aliens Epilogue, I'm not sure but a 12 I'd imagine – over to you Darren...  8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: friendlyskies on Sep 03, 2011, 04:16:21 PM
With the show fast approaching we thought it would be a good idea to ask people what sort of things they would like to hear about at the various talks that will be going on.

For the FX panel I'd love to hear what their thoughts on the evolution of FX are. Obviously some of them did physical models but that's moved towards CGI now. What are their thoughts?

And for Charlie I'd like to know what kind of features we'll be looking at for Prometheus. Are we talking as exhaustive a set as the Alien Anthology?

Corporal Hicks

One week guys! I hope you're all sorted to get down there and stay!

Corporal Hicks

Britain’s largest Aliens convention kicks off this Saturday at the Space Centre in Leicester.

As you can see there’s plenty to do over the weekend. Quite a few of our forum members are going and I’ll be speaking during the Prometheus panel as well. Make sure you get down there and enjoy yourselves.

Abe

Abe

I will only be able to attend the sunday :'(
At least I'll be able to see Aliens Epilogue. :)

corporal dwayne hicks

will aliens epilogue be posted online after the convention the film looks really good

friendlyskies

Quote from: corporal dwayne hicks on Sep 19, 2011, 07:39:52 PM
will aliens epilogue be posted online after the convention the film looks really good

Hi

We're in a mad rush at the moment to get the CGI finished and get the shots looking as good as we can for the premiere but we will probably spend some time afterwards revisiting some of the shots before putting it online.

Certainly I would expect it be out there before the end of the year though.

Quote from: ADC on Sep 08, 2011, 12:21:03 AM
@Abe: There is no age restriction for Alien Encounters (although be aware there is a very quick, 2 sec clip of the chestburster scene).
Aliens Epilogue, I'm not sure but a 12 I'd imagine – over to you Darren...  8)

To be honest I had not given too much thought to this previously. There is a fair amount of harsh language in the film so a 12 easily possibly a 15. The venue itself may have the final decision on this I would expect.

Cheers

Darren

Corporal Hicks

I'm up and getting ready. Just a reminder, I'll be waiting outside in an AvPG hoody for Neil (gettodachopper) and Johnny (Johnny Gore on XBL). Anyone who wants to meet up, send me a message soonish before I set off.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Should be getting ready to go as well but unfortunately have been struck down by food poisoning and feel like crap. That'll teach me to eat things involving chicken that I haven't cooked myself.

Have fun guys, I'm going back to bed ;-;

ikarop

ikarop

Some of the posters advertising the site at the convention. Make sure to take a picture if you see them! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed