Prometheus Banner...

Started by Darkoo, Jun 14, 2011, 06:20:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Banner... (Read 43,613 times)

SiL

SiL

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Huol on Jun 16, 2011, 05:52:33 PM
http://gyazo.com/a85d164dc064325a6abceed0aacfe9e3.png

fix'd

LOL, thats so over the top its just pure sarcasm :P...I only meant to literally recreate what you see in the photo ;)

Might have to fire up photoshop and whip out my own version.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 16, 2011, 04:34:39 PM
The only thing I see of note is that the 'E' is upside down....which may hint at something. Everything we thought we knew will be turned on it's proverbial head? That said....how much control will Scott have in terms of marketing? Hmmmm.

IS it upside down though? ::) I think it's just the font...just look at it for 2 seconds, go "WOW" and leave it at that for pete's sake!

Cheers,

Valheru

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: SiL on Jun 17, 2011, 06:05:49 AM
Not enough lens flare. I can still read some of the words.
;D  ;D  ;D

Darkoo

Darkoo

One of the best version

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

NOW that's what I'm talking about!

Pn2501

Pn2501

The m and e are incorrect still nicely polished.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

The E looks pretty spot on to me, but yes, the M's leave something to be desired :P

Pn2501

Pn2501

Xheight and bar are off on the e, p and r are a litlle out too

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Ummmm.....that light glow and the lens flares are from the track lighting that's shining on the poster itself, not the poster.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 22, 2011, 02:05:38 AM
Ummmm.....that light glow and the lens flares are from the track lighting that's shining on the poster itself, not the poster.
Well der!... :P

Quote from: Valheru on Jun 16, 2011, 07:52:27 AM...the single light shining on the real one adds like another dimension to the image, a deeper feeling than looking at a simple black background of whats hiding in the dark...a boding sense of dread (or something like that ;))....I think if you replicated the light source on the black background with some slight grain / noise and even replicated the slight real world lens flare it would be a sweet looking digital recreation of the Prometheus teaser poster ;D ...
The poster itself is obviously a plain black background but the design team would have taken into account how it was to be displayed and designed with this in mind...if it was to be displayed in an outdoors environment under sunlight it would look completely different as this one would look completely dull and uninteresting in full sunlight...the lighting adds a lot of atmosphere and mood and this needs to be replicated in a digital remake to capture the true essence of the moment in the photo.

Quote from: Darkoo on Jun 21, 2011, 06:08:31 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about compared to the plain black example, as said the font just needs some tweaking and it's a near perfect reproduction. I think something else that could enhance the poster is the ever so slightest blue steel hue added to the polished text and that ever so slight you almost miss it lens flare so that you almost feel like you are looking at the actual poster...its the small details that make the difference 8)

Note to the artist on the above: nice work but I think the light effect needs a little toning down now as it's made the image to light overall and lost it's dark "feel". You also forgot the tiny text at the bottom...but I wouldn't worry too much about my notes, I AM a picky bastard ;D

Cheers,

Valheru

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Welp, my OCD compelled me further to find the actual font (titled Neutraface) and make my own mockup

The results?  Perfect in my opinion

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Tsk tsk. Too many pixels between the title and 'Ridley Scott'.

Spoiler
[close]

Good work, man. :)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

You know, I actually spent a good minute or two trying to perfectly space it out  :-[.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And for the best; I don't think there's any difference at all. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed