Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film

Started by CorruptionSolid, Jun 14, 2011, 09:56:14 AM

Author
Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film (Read 23,357 times)

SM

Based on his form since Alien3 - better methinks.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2011, 05:55:41 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=40326.msg1190587;boardseen#new

Competition is live now. I'm currently reading Alien Vault and will have my review up soon. I'll also be speaking to Ian Nathan soon too.
Entered the competition. :D

Corporal Hicks

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. Review should be up by the weekend.

Corporal Hicks

I've written my review but I'm going to wait until I get my Q&A with Ian Nathan back to post them together. For those interested in purchasing the book at a cheaper price then I've got you a deal sorted:

Order Alien Vault at the special price of £20 (rrp.£30) with free UK p&p. To order please call 01903 828503 quoting ref AUR 315.

Spaghetti

Got mine today.

Holy shit all the details. Love all the little posters and storyboards. I even learned a few things I didn't know about which surprised me.

SM

Like what?

Give us it - spoilers and all!

Ash 937

Quote from: Spaghetti on Sep 20, 2011, 03:36:18 AM
Got mine today.

Holy shit all the details. Love all the little posters and storyboards. I even learned a few things I didn't know about which surprised me.

When and where did you order from?  I ordered mine from Amazon (USA) last week but I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation for the book.  Is it printed in the UK?  As far as I know, the thing hasn't even left the warehouse.  This is unusual as Amazon has always been more efficient whenever I ordered from them in the past.   >:(

ikarop

SM

Doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking in terms of pictures.  :-\

Apart from the Nostromo blueprint which looks sweet.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2011, 12:24:41 AM
Doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking in terms of pictures.  :-\

Apart from the Nostromo blueprint which looks sweet.
Thinking the same thing.

But I wanna know if it has any new info! Some tidbits from the book are on EMPIRE.com and ... the 'soundbites' I recognise from old Ridley Scott interviews  :-\

Corporal Hicks

There's certainly nothing ground breaking about any new tidbits in it. There's very little extra to show after all these years. It was just extremely passionately written. Would I buy it for £30? No. £20, maybe. I've got the review written, I'll get it up tonight along with a short interview with Nathan.

Mr. Domino

I had no problem paying $35 for it. Even with nothing really new, it's still a really nice book, and I generally buy anything with the Alien name on it.

Ash 937

Apparently Amazon is having a problem with the American distribution of the book.  As of the time of this post, it is not being offered by Amazon in the USA.  Go to its page online and this message shows up:

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

I hope my copy arrives alright.  I ordered mine from Amazon (USA).  It is already in transit and should arrive to my place later today or tomorrow.

Corporal Hicks

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: SM on Sep 20, 2011, 03:45:46 AM
Like what?

Give us it - spoilers and all!

Mostly just some specs of the ships and some storyboards, little things. Nothin' I'd think you wouldn't know already. Lotta nice pretty pictures though, Some of the Ash head dummy I haven't seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed