E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 66,915 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

GB got the head and face right, that's for sure. :D It looks great.

@Ash 937: The definitive comparison you could accurately use would be the large 8' puppet Cameron and his team used for certain scenes. Naturally, 5-6' tall people in suits can only do so much to convey the creature.

Why Cameron didn't employ tall actors like the chap who played the Alien in the first film is unclear. Most likely it was simply easier (and cheaper) to use the people he already had and just put them in suits while using a more detailed and accurately scaled puppet to supplement them.

RagingDragon

I'm all for low expectations  ;D but honestly, if the models are the biggest problem with the game, we'll have a huge success.  I really liked the AvP 2010 models, despite them not being Aliens-like, but the rest of the game failed enough to kill it.  Do we even get to see an alien tail in Aliens? I cant remember one, just the Parker-smacking, Lambert-raping Kane's son tail from Alien, tee hee.

I don't know how much control SEGA has, I guess I should do some more research.  I dislike them as much as anybody, but how many times can they dick up the same product before Fox doesnt allow them to license it anymore?  The business side of things has to matter, they dont have endless $$.  If this game fails, it won't be Gearbox's fault becuase so far they've made great games.  It doesn't add up.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 06:51:50 PM
like that ever stopped anybody.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 03, 2011, 06:52:20 PM
Not on this site.

Not just this site, Sharp. Welcome....TO THE INTERNET!!!!

That said, I can't say the design really bothers me. I don't mind the tails.

Chris!(($$))!

The tails are the ONLY thing that bothers me. Obviously if they could I would want the designs to be AS close to the ALIENS designs as possible but that may not even be possible itself for known reasons.

SpaceMarines

Jesus. Since when was SEGA the Antichrist. :laugh:

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 03, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
Why Cameron didn't employ tall actors like the chap who played the Alien in the first film is unclear.

He used acrobats and dancers to portray the Aliens. It's hard to find a lot of those who are over 7 feet tall.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 03, 2011, 10:09:52 PM
Jesus. Since when was SEGA the Antichrist. :laugh:

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 03, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
Why Cameron didn't employ tall actors like the chap who played the Alien in the first film is unclear.

He used acrobats and dancers to portray the Aliens. It's hard to find a lot of those who are over 7 feet tall.
Really? That's why? Are you sure? Seems unnecessary to use acrobats and dancers given what we saw them actually do in the film. :-\

If what you're saying is true, it would've been better if he just to found some tall, physically fit people and use them instead. Of course, there would still be scenes where the puppets would've been more ideal to use.

chupacabras acheronsis

the dancers knew how to move swiftly in costumes, if they hadn't got trained performed the aliens would have looked just like in AvP:R.

and you call THIS short?

RagingDragon

That's a big motha.  Was Kane's son that tall?

chupacabras acheronsis

nope. Kane's son was bulkier.

i think it's because the suit was a little looser, it had much more details and weighted more. the aliens ones were skin tight latex with simplified decals and paint scheme, and with less animatronics on the head. they used the puppets for that.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 10:58:38 PM
the dancers knew how to move swiftly in costumes, if they hadn't got trained performed the aliens would have looked just like in AvP:R.

and you call THIS short?
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/behind/behind11.jpg
THAT is the puppet! :D Note the support straps and the elongated limbs & torso. And it doesn't take dancers and acrobats to pull off the same kinda stunts in suits. lol

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 11:11:50 PM

i think it's because the suit was a little looser, it had much more details and weighted more. the aliens ones were skin tight latex with simplified decals and paint scheme, and with less animatronics on the head. they used the puppets for that.
Correct. They used lighting (or should I say a lack thereof) and clever camera movement & editing to conceal it as best as possible.

chupacabras acheronsis

that's the one that's shown the most, though.

Bio Mech Hunter

And for good reason. :)

Chris!(($$))!

Are you complaining that James Cameron didn't want to waste money buying a basket ball team to portray themselves at monsters in a movie?

D.R.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 11:11:50 PM

That's the 5'10" tall stunt man Eddie Powell who played the alien in a lot of scenes, not Bolaji Badejo.

Hope not to offend ya CA  just want the facts straight... if someone else already said this I apologize.. Peace and chicken grease.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 03, 2011, 11:39:02 PM
Are you complaining that James Cameron didn't want to waste money buying a basket ball team to portray themselves at monsters in a movie?

I believe he is.

Which seems kinda pointless, considering they look big in the film. Which is the only thing that counts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed