A theory on Prometheus in Alien/Predator/AVP canon

Started by predxeno, May 28, 2011, 02:48:56 AM

Author
A theory on Prometheus in Alien/Predator/AVP canon (Read 1,497 times)

predxeno

We all know that Ridley Scott has stated that Prometheus is not going to be an Aliens film, but many of the actors have stated that it is.  I think that Prometheus is going to be loosely tied into the Alien franchise; there will be many similarities like many of the set pieces and costumes will look a lot like those in Alien, but I don't think they will explicitly tie this film to the Alien franchise.  Ridley will probably say it's up to the fans to decide whether this film is part of the Alien universe or not.  What do you guys think?

Valaquen

I'm sure there's a dozen threads about the very same thing ...

I think it's related, but not a numerical sequel following from a prior movie, but rather sharing a universe, as some imagine BR and Alien do, except for that this time, they are most certainly related.

Haven't seen a screen of the movie to tell, though.

MrSpaceJockey

I hoping for a sort of spinoff. Kinda like BR to Alien, like Valaquen said, but even closer.   

To be honest, this thought that you've made isn't really new or worth a thread.  You were one of the few who were determined to say it wasn't Alien related, but a lot of fans already suspected what you have said.

Spaghetti

Pointless thread.

Sharp Sticks

Business as usual here.

Space Sweeper

Votes to revoke Predxeno's thread posting ability?

ಠ_ಠ

predxeno

Sorry, I don't check out this board much.  I guess I'm not as up-to-date on what goes on here as I thought I was. :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed