Would we like to see AVPR Predator weapons again in future films?

Started by predxeno, May 16, 2011, 06:38:51 PM

Would we like to see AVPR Predator weapons again in future films?

Yes
21 (67.7%)
No
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
Would we like to see AVPR Predator weapons again in future films? (Read 2,463 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I actually would be interested in seeing certain weapons used again in future films; especially the implosion bomb Wolf uses.  (Btw, I had always thought the implosion bomb was Wolf's self-destruct wrist gauntlet like what Scar did in AVP.  Is it actually one of the equipment that Wolf takes from his lair at the beginning of the film? ???)  Now that I think of it, why doesn't the Predator's self-destruct use implosive weaponry instead of explosive weaponry? ???  I also wouldn't mind seeing the whip and the blue liquid again, either.

Snowdog

some of the weapons where pretty cool.

* Whip
* Shuriken
* Handgun ( liked the cowboy style i guess xD )

Those 3 i would like to see back 1 day.
But i guess more in an AVP movie then a predator movie

FUZION PREDATOR

I wouldn't mind to see

-the whip
-mines (in different types)
- the power glove (i'm probably the only one , but i loved how this weapon first shows up)

i don't really care about the blue liquid

predxeno

The laser mines were cool, too, I forgot to mention them.  I've had this idea for a scene where someone is running away from a Predator down a tunnel, and then the Predator activates a mine and the lasers activate in front of the running human.  The human sees this too late and tries to stop, but his/her momentum is too powerful and it pushes him/her into the lasers.

EDIT: Also, I love the dual plasmacasters.  The click-and-activate way AVPR depicted them seemed a lot cooler than the slow winding up activation that was depicted in previous films.

AliceApocalypse

The Predator itself, another veteran Predator in a movie would be cool. 
The whip, yee haw lol. 
The dual plasmacasters were fun too, but not just on any Pred it would have to be used by a hardcore veteran or an Elder.

Master Chief

The blue liquid shot out of a gun, like super-soaker.

QuoteNow that I think of it, why doesn't the Predator's self-destruct use implosive weaponry instead of explosive weaponry?
I'm guessing it has to do with the blast radius. The prey can easily get away.

predxeno

Quote from: Master Chief on May 16, 2011, 07:59:42 PM
QuoteNow that I think of it, why doesn't the Predator's self-destruct use implosive weaponry instead of explosive weaponry?
I'm guessing it has to do with the blast radius. The prey can easily get away.

Good point.

huntin8-t0n

No for the whip and power glove. I am also not the biggest fan of the shurikens, but meh, okay. The mines were pretty much a cool idea, expanding the palette of traps preds use. I wonder why in no topic is the string used by Scar (or Gill?) is mentioned, because that is sick, and I'd love to see it again in some form.

the implosion bomb was pretty much a necessity for wolf, not a regular hunting tool. He couldn't carry back a crashed ship by any means, so he needed to make it disappear, without making a fuss and drawing attention. Same for the liquid. as hunting tools, they seem pretty much useless. I wouldn't even think about them as weapons.

Ghost Rider

I wouldn't mind seeing the Shuriken and the whip returning.

SM

QuoteThe blue liquid shot out of a gun, like super-soaker.

:D

Why didn't he just pour that shit into the sewer in the first place?

Master Chief

Because this cleaner, likes to make a mess!

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master Chief on May 16, 2011, 07:59:42 PM
The blue liquid shot out of a gun, like super-soaker.
You win the thr-

Quote from: Master Chief on May 17, 2011, 03:33:32 AM
Because this cleaner, likes to make a mess!
*Kaboom*

And... Of Wolf's personal paraphernalia, I really didn't like anything. The mines maybe.

Stalker

I'm pretty sure Wolf used a dead Predator's wrist bomb to destroy the ship, I don't remember him having a specific device for that.

I thought the whip was kind of a cool weapon, especially when he used it to strangle/decapitate one of the Aliens.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Stalker on May 18, 2011, 01:39:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Wolf used a dead Predator's wrist bomb to destroy the ship, I don't remember him having a specific device for that.

Then you remember wrong. He removed a large device from his back to do it. You're probably getting confused with the predator that sends out the distress call with its wrist computer before the predalien kills it.

Ghostface

Why not? Aside from the power glove, the rest were pretty good weapons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed