EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Apr 21, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus (Read 29,590 times)

SiL

The complete indifference remains!

ThisBethesdaSea

So it's a film, set in the ALIEN world, not about the events leading up to the happenings on the Nostromo, but a new tale entirely. It's like they're making a new alien series completely divorced from the original series. I'd say this is definitely a reboot of sorts.

Xenokiller

Highland

What I don't get is why be so vague with everything?

They can't be trying to fool the Alien fans, because realistically, there are not enough of us to give a shit about. Which can only mean they are trying to keep it under wraps to the general audience - who ironically probably don't give a shit if it's an Alien movie or another Sci-Fi piece?

It's either a Alien "piece" or it's not. I fully expect to see Scott in a Alien (blue) Harvest T-shirt.

Pn2501

given the quality of the avp series the brand itself is a little tarnished, maybe Ridley wants to distance this movie from it, hence why there are conflicting reports.

Highland

Quote from: Pn2501 on Apr 23, 2011, 03:13:12 AM
given the quality of the avp series the brand itself is a little tarnished, maybe Ridley wants to distance this movie from it, hence why there are conflicting reports.

Still mutton dressed as lamb. The only way they'll get away with that is by not showing the Alien in anything, posters, trailers etc etc.

Pn2501

true, but it makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

Highland

Quote from: Pn2501 on Apr 23, 2011, 03:22:50 AM

Only for the first wave of cinema goers. Who then tell their mates it's just another Alien flick.

The only way they get away with it is by making it an Alien movie without anything familiar, Alien in a different form.
Harvest script for example.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Highland on Apr 23, 2011, 03:33:52 AM

Only for the first wave of cinema goers. Who then tell their mates it's just another Alien flick.

The only way they get away with it is by making it an Alien movie without anything familiar, Alien in a different form.

But if the movie's awesome? and said friend say yeah its another alien flick but it's amazing.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Pn2501 on Apr 23, 2011, 03:34:52 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 23, 2011, 03:33:52 AM

but if the movies awesome and friends say yeah its another alien flick but its awesome.

I Can't see it myself. I Can't remember a movie that's ever been advertised as something it's not. Intrigue only works if it's fresh - Super 8 or Cloverfield.

Don't get me wrong I like the whole idea,  I just think putting the original Alien in this is not a smart move.

Chris!(($$))!

I think they are using men in suits for the Xenos but they will be HEAVILY edited using CGI and such. Thats the best way to do it if you ask me. As long as they are closer to the original Xenos (ALIEN, ALIENS) then the retarded ones (A:R,AvP,AvP:R) yet still different to make sense I will be happy.

bleau

QuoteI Can't see it myself. I Can't remember a movie that's ever been advertised as something it's not. Intrigue only works if it's fresh - Super 8 or Cloverfield. 

A lot of movies are advertised as something there not. Black Swan was advertised as a Horror. A lot of movie plots are advertised as being different too.

shakermakerman

i dont know anymore :-/

chupacabras acheronsis

well this is erm, optimal.

it just confirms what we already knew.

Teape

Noomi gets tied up by an Alien that has control over her.  The alien explains it's plan, then she's raped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed