EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Apr 21, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus (Read 30,008 times)

Darkoo

QuoteA source who says he's currently working at Pinewood Studios sent me an email today revealing some very juicy details regarding Prometheus. Surely with a few hundred people working at Pinewood every day it can't be easy for Sir Ridley and team to keep everything entirely under wraps.

I've made a few checks on this source and the story and it all seems pretty trustworthy to me, so please take this news as you wish.

First of all, this source managed to come across a call sheet which was for filming between April 6th - 8th. The call sheet was for the S Stage at Pinewood, where apparently the bridge of the Prometheus was being filmed. On this call sheet were the following names:

Charlize Theron - Vickers
Idris Elba - Janek
Emun Elliot - Chance
Benedict Wong - Ravel

Emun Elliot is previously known from TV series Lip Service, and Benedict Wong is probably better known having played in movies such as Sunshine, Moon, Dirty Pretty Things and Spy Game.

To back this story up, Wong's twitter feed on March 22nd (the day after Prometheus began shooting) secretly confirms his involvement in Prometheus.

"prometheus........boom!"

And here's the most interesting news, I've left for last:

"Though security on the set is very tight with the good weather, dock doors have been open and cast and crew have been enjoying lunch outdoors.
    I can confirm seeing 3 aliens having lunch. Not the whole costume but blueish costumes and the unmistakable heads hanging around their shoulders"

I asked the source to elaborate some more on the look of the aliens, and their resemblance to the aliens from the original Alien movies:

"The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour. As for the suits black boots and shoulder pads the rest was a Chelsea blue body suit could be for SFX, all the sets around the back of the bond stage have huge green chromokey maybe that's a clue.
    I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film."

My informant also managed to take a look at the Bond stage, where according to previous rumors the Space Jockey's space craft has been built. And his impression pretty much backs this rumor up:

"I managed to enter the bond stage one weekend when no filming was sheduled all I can say is there is a very very long tunnel that leads to an enormous structure at the back of the stage which is the same height as the stage and probably extends out another 200 ft.
    All of these sets are surrounded by wood foam and scaffold so sid not see inside, I think this is were the Space Jockey set is."

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/04/exclusive-some-juicy-details-from-set.html

JaaayDee

Darkoo

Emun Elliot

Benedict Wong

dandan

dandan

"The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour."

hmmm interesting so they might just look the same after all! but just a different colour.

so i take it then aliens are going to be CGI ? and as rumoured the jockeys going to be animatronic?

"the Space Jockey's space craft has been built"

nice! i wonder if its the same one from A L I E N??

:)

JaaayDee

The first asian joins the cast  :)

Keyes

Nice! I spoke to somebody on twitter the other day who said they spotted several aliens subathing in the garden at Pinewood, but unfortunately she said I'd have to wait until the film to find out what they look like! Also there was an "alien" vehicle that drove by.

Runner2215

Wow, nice news scoop.  Revealed some new cast as well and their character names.

I'm going to catch flak for this, but I'm not that ecstatic about the prospect of seeing the old alien shape as it was described above.  After hearing the reports about the redesigned "perverse" aliens, lol, I was curious to see Ridley's team venture into somewhat new territory while still remaining in the Alien universe.

Valaquen

Wong was Sam Bell's WY-esque boss in Moon. Nice touch.

JaaayDee

He was also more known for playing Trey in Sunshine  :)

Keyes

I've found confirmation of Emun Elliott's casting and character here: http://unitedagents.co.uk/emun-elliott

"Emun is currently filming on PROMETHEUS alongside Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace and Idris Elba for Ridley Scott."

Also note that "Chance" is indeed listed there as his character name.

Bad Replicant

A nice scoop indeed.

Quote from: Runner2215 on Apr 21, 2011, 06:49:02 PM
I'm going to catch flak for this, but I'm not that ecstatic about the prospect of seeing the old alien shape as it was described above.  After hearing the reports about the redesigned "perverse" aliens, lol, I was curious to see Ridley's team venture into somewhat new territory while still remaining in the Alien universe.

I wouldn't lose hope just yet, all we really know is that the basic head shape is there. The rest is anybody's guess at this point.

Keyes

I think maybe the ones described here will be the "birth" of the alien as we know it, but I bet they'll also be other types included too.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: JaaayDee on Apr 21, 2011, 08:03:27 PM
He was also more known for playing Trey in Sunshine  :)

Exactly what I was going to say. He's turned up on a couple of uk sketch shows in bit parts too.

EDIT: Just finished reading. I'm so pumped for this right now.

Runner2215

QuoteI wouldn't lose hope just yet, all we really know is that the basic head shape is there. The rest is anybody's guess at this point.

Good point.

QuoteI think maybe the ones described here will be the "birth" of the alien as we know it, but I bet they'll also be other types included too.

Another good point.  One can only hope so.  It would be a sick twist if they make the space jockey (or what's inside the jockey suit) even ghastlier than the Alien.

Sharp Sticks

Aha. Now this is news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed