The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,235 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

GOT is one of my favorite series of all time. It's a toss up between GOT and The Sopranos as my number one favorite. Really looking forward to the final season. I've already binge watched the entire series twice. Sometimes it's a challenge to keep up with who's who, how they are related....either by blood or interaction. So I compiled this Who's who......a Westeros/Essos map you can click on any city on the map to give you a refresher of who's who.

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/gameofthrones01.shtml

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 09, 2018, 06:19:56 PM
GOT is one of my favorite series of all time. It's a toss up between GOT and The Sopranos as my number one favorite. Really looking forward to the final season. I've already binge watched the entire series twice. Sometimes it's a challenge to keep up with who's who, how they are related....either by blood or interaction. So I compiled this Who's who......a Westeros/Essos map you can click on any city on the map to give you a refresher of who's who.

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/gameofthrones01.shtml

Nice dude  ;) It's one of my favorite series of all time too ! This is such a large world to dive in !

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 09, 2018, 09:08:12 PM
Nice dude  ;) It's one of my favorite series of all time too ! This is such a large world to dive in !

Thanks BDJ, I just noticed I need to update some characters on their status. I use icons on their status such as a skull indicating they are dead. I noticed a few of the dead characters need the skull icon.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looking forward to the last season. Not sure what to think about the creators doing Star Wars next.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 09, 2018, 09:53:46 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 09, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

Thanks BDJ, I just noticed I need to update some characters on their status. I use icons on their status such as a skull indicating they are dead. I noticed a few of the dead characters need the skull icon.

There's gonna be a lot of skulls  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's a good knife flip. :)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 10, 2018, 01:19:00 PM
There's gonna be a lot of skulls  :laugh:

:laugh: Yea, good point. Who will be left standing after the war with the White Walkers.
Not looking good if they lose another
Spoiler
dragon to the Night King.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Shasvre

Shasvre

Season 8 will be with us on April 14.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I may sound like a snobby book purist now, but for me the series lost a lot of the appeal it had in the beginning when the writers started to stray away from the source material and the stuff that made GoT great in the first place.

Especially the last season felt like fan wish fulfillment and lazy plot resolutions.

Well, I will watch it regardless, it's GoT after all  :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I can definitely agree with that. Some of these characters now feel like caricatures of themselves. Without Martin's work to fall back upon, both plot and dialogue have gotten increasingly sloppy. With that being said, I still enjoy a lot of the show and wouldn't be able to stop watching now that we're on the final season anyway. :D

Valaquen

Valaquen

I always thought the books took a major nosedive after the third (the fourth and fifth were sometimes laughably bad) so I'm happy with the cuts made to the show. All that's really changed for me is the pace, but this is the end after all. This is a great show to watch with friends, I'm looking forward to that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly I really dug 4 and 5, though I came into the series around 2014ish or so and got to read them back to back, so maybe that helped in some capacity.

Muh Greyjoys. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed