The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,605 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
Point taken. It's Stannis who more or less comes off as one. But I've only encounted one chapter in Davos point of view thus far, he's trying not to get Stannis killed because they don't have the army yet to sail off to war. But I look forward to see more of the character.
[close]

Eva

Eva

Didn't the dvd/blu-ray just get released in the US or UK?

Does anyone have it and do you recommend it?

I watched the first 2 episodes at friends when it aired on a pay-tv-channel months ago and I sort of curse, that none of the channels I can watch at home bother with this series.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Mar 07, 2012, 08:49:07 PMDoes anyone have it and do you recommend it?

I haven't bought it yet, but I would highly recommend getting it. As would most people reading this thread I assume.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Eva on Mar 07, 2012, 08:49:07 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes at friends when it aired on a pay-tv-channel months ago and I sort of curse, that none of the channels I can watch at home bother with this series.

i ordered it, should be here tomorrow. But the show is to great to pass on so i would say just buy the thing already ! :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

It's certainly worth watching.

Eva

Eva

Ok thanx  :)

Sorry if it was somewhat a redundant question in this thread (hindsight is 20-20 lol), but I've just joined the forum and haven't had time to read all the posts yet - only 5-6 pages into this thread phew...

I'll probably get the set next time I order a bunch of books and movies from Amazon, if the price is reasonable  ;)

First Blood

First Blood

Welcome to the site. :)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 07, 2012, 09:37:35 PM
Welcome to the site. :)

Thanx  :laugh:

PS: is it safe to read this entire thread if you haven't seen the series yet, or is it littered with spoilers, plot/character discussions etc?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Eva on Mar 07, 2012, 08:49:07 PM

It's an excellent set. My Blu-Ray set arrived last Friday so I've had the time to watch all the episodes again in 1080p HD, the commentaries are wonderful, and all the bonus features are brilliant. It's definitely worth purchasing :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just watched The Kingsroad, with commentary by Lena Headey, Mark Addy and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Awesome and funny, and it's nice to know that even these three had watched and enjoyed the Youtube clip of Joffrey being slapped by Tyrion over and over again. :laugh:

I also saw Lord Snow, with commentary by Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner and Isaac Hempstead-Wright. This was surprisingly funny for being a commentary made by kids, especially given the adult material. I would actually say this was my favorite out of the three commentaries made with the cast. The singing in the intro cracked me up right away.

The last commentary with the actors was for A Golden Crown, with Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke and Harry Lloyd. One would expect Dinklage to own the commentary, but I think Clarke and Lloyd stood out a bit more. Nothing odd about that really, they had worked together more closely after all and this was an episode more centered on Daenerys and Viserys.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 09, 2012, 06:23:35 PM
I just watched The Kingsroad, with commentary by Lena Headey, Mark Addy and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Awesome and funny, and it's nice to know that even these three had watched and enjoyed the Youtube clip of Joffrey being slapped by Tyrion over and over again. :laugh:

I also saw Lord Snow, with commentary by Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner and Isaac Hempstead-Wright. This was surprisingly funny for being a commentary made by kids, especially given the adult material. I would actually say this was my favorite out of the three commentaries made with the cast. The singing in the intro cracked me up right away.

The last commentary with the actors was for A Golden Crown, with Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke and Harry Lloyd. One would expect Dinklage to own the commentary, but I think Clarke and Lloyd stood out a bit more. Nothing odd about that really, they had worked together more closely after all and this was an episode more centered on Daenerys and Viserys.

I thought the commentary for The Kingsroad was excellent :) Lena Headey is really funny! "I ain't bullshittin' ya!" in Sean Bean's accent was great! And her and Mark Addy noting all of the "shits"

The kids' commentary for Lord Snow was great too. Sophie Turner doing Richard Madden's Scottish accent was funny. She can do it very well! They say "nice" a lot through the commentary!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 09, 2012, 06:59:29 PMI thought the commentary for The Kingsroad was excellent :) Lena Headey is really funny! "I ain't bullshittin' ya!" in Sean Bean's accent was great! And her and Mark Addy noting all of the "shits"

Don't leave any sandwiches around Sean Bean. :laugh:

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 09, 2012, 06:59:29 PMThe kids' commentary for Lord Snow was great too. Sophie Turner doing Richard Madden's Scottish accent was funny. She can do it very well! They say "nice" a lot through the commentary!

True enough, they're kids after all. But I liked how easy it was to get caught up in their entusiasm for the show and their fellow actors. :)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 09, 2012, 07:03:31 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 09, 2012, 06:59:29 PMI thought the commentary for The Kingsroad was excellent :) Lena Headey is really funny! "I ain't bullshittin' ya!" in Sean Bean's accent was great! And her and Mark Addy noting all of the "shits"

Don't leave any sandwiches around Sean Bean. :laugh:

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 09, 2012, 06:59:29 PMThe kids' commentary for Lord Snow was great too. Sophie Turner doing Richard Madden's Scottish accent was funny. She can do it very well! They say "nice" a lot through the commentary!

True enough, they're kids after all. But I liked how easy it was to get caught up in their entusiasm for the show and their fellow actors. :)

Yeah the sandwich thing was funny haha.

And it's great that the kids enjoy it all so much. They have a lot of enthusiasm. They seem like good friends too - as opposed to on-screen, where Sansa and Arya argue constantly, and they barely see Bran due to him being back at Winterfell.

I was really hoping for a commentary with Charles Dance. I know he's not a major character in the first season, but he's so damned cool! A commentary with Charles Dance, Lena Headey, Nikolai Coster-Waldau, Jack Gleeson, and Peter Dinklage would have been amazing. The Lannister family! Perhaps we might see something like that in Season 2! It's very Lannister themed!

First Blood

First Blood

Do they mention how of much of A Clash of Kings is going to be adapted for Season 2? Season 1 covered most if not all of a A Game of Thrones. Do they plan to cover the second book in all of Season 2 or stretch it to Season 3?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed