User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game of Thrones (2011 - 2019)  (Read 276028 times)

Still Collating...
May 31, 2019, 10:26:36 PM
Reply #4878 on: May 31, 2019, 10:26:36 PM
Q
Just got done watching the finale. I don't really get why everybody is so mad about how it ended. Does it seem like GoT to do what's expected of them and have fantastic payoffs and a happily ever after ending? Nothing felt out of character IMO, story wise it may not be super satisfactory, but it felt realistic and believable to me which I enjoy more. And there were awesome moments in season 8. There were expected moments and unexpected ones, happy endings and sad endings, people getting what they deserved and people not getting what they had coming to them. It had everything it needed IMO and I'm happy to where we got.

I'm sad people weren't happy with what they got. I expected to get kicked in the balls and that's what I came for when watching GoT. The fact that not everyone dies was almost kinda sweet in a nostalgic way. :laugh:

To me everything felt believable which is rare for me with movies especially.

Voodoo Magic
May 31, 2019, 10:51:21 PM
Reply #4879 on: May 31, 2019, 10:51:21 PM
Q
Destruction of character arcs and rushed ending is the fun we got.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

#StupidestWritingEver

Biomechanoid
May 31, 2019, 11:11:09 PM
Reply #4880 on: May 31, 2019, 11:11:09 PM
Q
Just got done watching the finale. I don't really get why everybody is so mad about how it ended. Does it seem like GoT to do what's expected of them and have fantastic payoffs and a happily ever after ending? Nothing felt out of character IMO, story wise it may not be super satisfactory, but it felt realistic and believable to me which I enjoy more. And there were awesome moments in season 8. There were expected moments and unexpected ones, happy endings and sad endings, people getting what they deserved and people not getting what they had coming to them. It had everything it needed IMO and I'm happy to where we got.

I'm sad people weren't happy with what they got. I expected to get kicked in the balls and that's what I came for when watching GoT. The fact that not everyone dies was almost kinda sweet in a nostalgic way. :laugh:

The majority of fans hated it if you go by various ratings and reviews. It worked for you, that's all that matters. There's nothing special about aligning your views with the majority. While I'm not at a hate level some are, season 8 pretty much killed my excitement for a binge replay sometime in the future. Seasons 1 through 5 might be a worthwhile replay, it has it's own ending, kinda, sorta, as long as you don't mind........

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:14:37 PM by Biomechanoid »

SM
May 31, 2019, 11:15:11 PM
Reply #4881 on: May 31, 2019, 11:15:11 PM
Q

Agreed.

The Old One
May 31, 2019, 11:17:05 PM
Reply #4882 on: May 31, 2019, 11:17:05 PM
Q
Lindsay Ellis shall tear it's nonsense apart.

Anyway, donation links:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thekinginthenorth
£40,000 raised so far.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/justicefordaenerys
£95,000 raised so far.

Amazing that a awful final Season's directly created so much good.
It's no opinion either, it's fact: the creators and donors of each charity fundraiser is directly r/Freefolk. Wonderful fans, truly even when the night is dark and full of errors. https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/

All the Starks got happy ever afters, we wanted a good story. We didn't get one.

The general response is totally valid. If it had ended even as well as Endgame (imperfect but good) the outrage wouldn't exist. Expectations don't come into the equation, the writing and plot is nonsense, especially when compared to Season 1, 2, 3 and 4 or even 5 and 6.

\ | /

https://youtu.be/I8U6kjqLkJQ

\ | /

https://youtu.be/habt4hbvJHg

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2019, 11:47:44 PM by The Old One »

Biomechanoid
May 31, 2019, 11:27:18 PM
Reply #4883 on: May 31, 2019, 11:27:18 PM
Q
I don't think so, much is unresolved. The closest is the ending of the fourth Season.

I would have to take a closer revisit to see what you mean regarding the fourth season, but I'm open to modify the number of seasons replayed. I do like season 5 though, it included the end of Stannis, the end of Jon Snow, but I suppose it would be hard to ignore the unresolved you point out.

The Old One
May 31, 2019, 11:38:14 PM
Reply #4884 on: May 31, 2019, 11:38:14 PM
Q
I loved Season 1-4, 5 and 6 are good despite some duds, (The Dorne storyline) 7 I forgave the silliness and teleporting as I felt at the time: "It's just the chess pieces moving into place." -but it required 8 to pay off. Unfortunately.

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2019, 06:55:34 PM by The Old One »

Biomechanoid
Jun 01, 2019, 12:20:44 AM
Reply #4885 on: Jun 01, 2019, 12:20:44 AM
Q
I just scrolled through recaps of season 4 on VUDU and you may be onto something. The finale of the Mountain vs the Viper, the end of Mance Rayder, the Arya/Hound partnership ends. However it's only the beginning of the Bran/old raven relationship. I suppose doing any kind of partial series replay is just playing, "let's pretend it ended here," though.

BigDaddyJohn
Jun 02, 2019, 03:41:11 PM
Reply #4886 on: Jun 02, 2019, 03:41:11 PM
Q
Game of thrones was like having great sex for years, and with the last season, all of a sudden you just get a few very rushed handjobs.

Whiskeybrewer
Jun 04, 2019, 12:31:18 PM
Reply #4888 on: Jun 04, 2019, 12:31:18 PM
Q
Game of thrones was like having great sex for years, and with the last season, all of a sudden you just get a few very rushed handjobs.

Wit no lube.  And dry crusty granNY sandpaper hands

So you thought you were banging Carice Van Houten for years then it turned out to be old lady Melisandre

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed