The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 459,377 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Overall, I prefer the books. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy certain changes from the books, like making Margaery more of a character in the show, or having Sansa take Jeyne Poole's place in Winterfell. Then there are things like making Ramsay a cartoonish villain, or having most Northern houses be either traitors or cowards, which I really don't approve of.

If only Martin would release The Winds of Winter anytime soon. :-\

Magegg

Magegg

Yeah. Around 4th season or so, I felt how the series started to become way dumber. Can't equal the intelligent writing of the books :/

The Old One

The Old One

Shasvre

Shasvre

Since Game of Thrones is coming to an end after this season, I'm making this a double thread for the prequel show as well.

The Long Night is set to take place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones.

QuoteIt chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend... it's not the story we think we know.

Naomi Watts To Star In 'Game Of Thrones' Prequel For HBO

https://deadline.com/2018/10/naomi-watts-star-game-of-thrones-prequel-hbo-cast-jane-goldman-george-rr-martin-1202481451/

'Game of Thrones' Prequel Casts 8 Rising Stars

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-prequel-casts-8-rising-stars-naomi-ackie-jamie-campbell-bower-toby-regbo-1174461

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 14, 2019, 02:05:46 PM
Honestly I really dug 4 and 5, though I came into the series around 2014ish or so and got to read them back to back, so maybe that helped in some capacity.

Muh Greyjoys. 8)

Theon's chapters in ADWD were brilliant. The Dorne stuff felt like a waste of time, Meereen was interesting but glacial. I'm struggling to remember the rest tbh  :o

MudButt

MudButt

Based on the plot summary it looks like the characters that go down as legends in the Westeros lore will probably go about getting the White Walkers taken care of through some pretty shady stuff.

BigDaddyJohn

Don't forget we will get The Hound vs The Mountain ! Can't wait for this !

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 14, 2019, 05:24:03 PMBased on the plot summary it looks like the characters that go down as legends in the Westeros lore will probably go about getting the White Walkers taken care of through some pretty shady stuff.

I just hope they do something more interesting with the White Walkers than GoT have been doing so far. :-\

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 14, 2019, 05:37:07 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 14, 2019, 05:24:03 PMBased on the plot summary it looks like the characters that go down as legends in the Westeros lore will probably go about getting the White Walkers taken care of through some pretty shady stuff.

I just hope they do something more interesting with the White Walkers than GoT have been doing so far. :-\

I've been pretty happy with the times they've been on screen but they've used them so sparingly which can be frustrating. I feel like they should have been more of a threat a season or two ago.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 14, 2019, 04:13:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

Agree with a lot of it. Especially the "Cult of the Badass" bit.

Also the Shadow of Mordor bit in the beginning was spot on.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Seems like everybody got their darkest outfit out for the final season 

Well nearly everybody  :P

Immortan Jonesy

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 25, 2019, 07:51:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHYri6Y4oA

Love seeing that Dragon in the snow. Can't wait for this damn show to return.

Shasvre

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed