Problems in playing AVP2 online

Started by AlienBabon, Apr 15, 2011, 06:09:57 PM

Author
Problems in playing AVP2 online (Read 6,897 times)

AlienBabon

AlienBabon

Hello fellow AVP2 lovers! I'm Alien Babon and I'm a new member here!!

I've came to get some serious help. I'm an AVP2 addicted player and I used to play alot online but since the game servers are down it's really difficult for me to play online  :-[
I tried to revive the game in my PC so I can play again and it took hours, but this time this error came to me and I'm really hopeless:
"The version checking process has failed. Your internet connection may be down, or there may be a problem with our verification servers..."

What should I do next? I did everything on the instructions (Turn off UAC, install 1096 Update, install SP update, install MP update, install Savior MOD 1.5.3)...

I hope you can help me with this so I can play again online, thanks alot!!!  :laugh:

Xhan

Xhan

Firewall settings, also run Savior mod not connected to the internet and as Admin; reboot, connect to internet.

AlienBabon

HI, Thanks for the quick reply!!
Just how do I change Firewall settings exactly?? where and what do I need to change? (forward ports?)
running Savior MOD disconnected from internet will give me something??

x-M-x

x-M-x

/windows 7 user?

When it says 'version checking process failed'

just ignore it and click on multilayer internet

see if it works

AlienBabon

I am 7 user. I checked the Firewall settings and the ports for AVP2 are opened...
I cannot ignore this because the buttons of playing online (hosting or joining any server) are disabled! (and I use Xfire)
Where is that Savior MOD to click on??? I'm seriously hopeless!!!  :'(

DragonBossk

Quote from: AlienBabon on Apr 15, 2011, 06:09:57 PM

"The version checking process has failed. Your internet connection may be down, or there may be a problem with our verification servers..."

Did you get this message in game or during the installation?

AlienBabon

AlienBabon

FINALLY SOMEONE REPLY! I've been waiting long  :-\
Anyways, I get the error during the game (while choosing online play it says it's checking the version so I'm needed to wait, then you see dots running and when it finishes it says "The version checking process has failed")

Thanks anyway for your concern, maybe I should re-install AVP2 completely? :-)

forgot to mention, plus the problem I have, I can't get to open the start menu of AVP2 (where you can choose which file to -rez), maybe the problems are connected somehow?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Go here

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276008198

Download and install in the order you see.

DragonBossk

In addition to what xMx said try deleting any files relating to autoupdating in your AVP2 directory; I've found in the past they can leave the in game version checking to hang.

AlienBabon

Quote from: x-M-x on May 13, 2011, 08:33:25 AM
Go here

That's not gonna help, I did install the programs the same way explained in the link.
DragonBossk, I deleted SirreaUpdate and AVPUpdate but still no good.

I think I'll re-install and try everything from the start once again, and by the way as I mentioned before, I never -rez'zed anything because the main menu refuses to open...

DragonBossk

Quote from: AlienBabon on May 13, 2011, 09:42:35 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on May 13, 2011, 08:33:25 AM
Go here

That's not gonna help, I did install the programs the same way explained in the link.
DragonBossk, I deleted SirreaUpdate and AVPUpdate but still no good.

I think I'll re-install and try everything from the start once again, and by the way as I mentioned before, I never -rez'zed anything because the main menu refuses to open...

You never get the main menu? Even with vanilla avp2? As far as I know you need to enter avp2p5.rez in the avp2 options command line to get the master server patch communicating with the game. Lithfaq does mention running the mod installer as administrator can allow avp2p5 to be written.

Do you use a no-cd crack by the way or have the original discs?

AlienBabon

AlienBabon

Quote from: DragonBossk on May 17, 2011, 08:38:27 AM
You never get the main menu? Even with vanilla avp2? As far as I know you need to enter avp2p5.rez in the avp2 options command line to get the master server patch communicating with the game. Lithfaq does mention running the mod installer as administrator can allow avp2p5 to be written.

Do you use a no-cd crack by the way or have the original discs?
vanilla avp2? what's that? by saying "running the mod installer" you mean that vanilla thingie?
and I use no-cd app and I installed with the original discs. it's comfirtable not to insert the avp2 cd everytime i play online   ;)

DragonBossk

By "vanilla" I meant non modded or patched in any way. But I'm sure the no-cd crack is what skips the main menu; simply load up AVP2 disc 1, go to options on the menu, in the command line enter -rez AVP2P5.rez .

This is assuming you have installed the Savior mod 1.5.3 installed already. Also the file I suggest you delete in your AVP2 directory is entitled "Autoupdate" and has the same picture as the .exe file.

Hopefully you can still use a no-cd crack after this, but I've never tried it myself and so can't be sure.

Xhan

Xhan

The savior patch removes any CD check.

DragonBossk

Quote from: Xhan on May 18, 2011, 11:50:34 AM
The savior patch removes any CD check.

Since the original release? I haven't tried 1.5.3 yet (still on 1.5.2) but I know its always asked me for a disc. Never been a problem for me though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed