I think I had my first beer while playin online good memories
thanks anyway to all who tried to help
Oh god now you've made me go and feel all sympathetic. Ok first forget about the savior patch we'll just try and get the main menu to display.
1) First uninstall the game and delete everything in and including the Fox/AVP2 directory.
2) Load up disc 1 and install (to install the game the main menu has
to display anyway), if the menu doesn't come up automatically double click the disc in My Computer. Switch the disc 2 and back to disc 1 when prompted. Don't bother installing gamespy when asked. Make sure a shortcut is created on the desktop.
3) Download and install the 22.214.171.124 patch xMx posted here:http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276008198
4) Right click the desktop shortcut, go properties, under compatibility run under xp sp2 or sp3 compatability mode. Also make sure the "Run as administrator" box is ticked, an important step.
5) Making sure disc 1 is in your DVD drive double click the desktop shortcut and accept "yes" to run the program (Windows 7 should ask for your permission).
Now tell me if the main menu comes up. If it doesn't nothing can be done (except an OS install if you really want to take it that far).