Australia release date confirmed

Started by pred_alien, Aug 09, 2007, 04:27:26 AM

Author
Australia release date confirmed (Read 620 times)

pred_alien

pred_alien

Affirmation of Aussie AVP 2 Release       
Several months ago I came across an official Fox film release schedule for Australian release dates which had AVP 2 slotted in on September 27, 2007. Now I've happened across an updated schedule which lists the film with a December 27, 2007 release date for the 'land down under'.

At the time the September release date for Australia was current, the film was slotted for a summer 2007 release in North America, but rescheduled mainly due to Rush Hour 2. After that it was rescheduled again mostly due to National Treasure 2. Both dates gave a significant buffer between the North American release and the Australian release, which leads me to think the film is currently slated for the December 21, 2007 North American release as cited by numerous sources, not Christmas day itself (only two days before the Australian release). Even the first AVP was released in North America a month and a half before it was in Australia.

All I could get out of the Fox camp is that the current December release date is the official date, at least for now. However, I could not get a specific date.

Keep in mind this is all speculation on my part, but it seems to me it stands to reason Fox will release the film in North America more than two days before it releases the film in Australia, even based on previous film releases alone. Look at Live Free or Die Hard...it was released June 22nd in North America, but will premiere only tomorrow, August 9th, in Australia. But, again, this is my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

Any way you slice it, it's being release in Australia December 27th...or until that changes again.

* i didnt write this article it is found on the link below :)
http://www.alienexperience.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=833&Itemid=515

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 09, 2007, 04:27:26 AM
but it seems to me it stands to reason Fox will release the film in North America more than two days before it releases the film in Australia...

No it doesn't.  Not only do we often get same day releases, we sometimes get 'em before you.  X-Men and Transformers both spring to mind as flicks that I've seen in Oz prior to their US debut.

So the Aussie release date confirms only that.  I wouldn't infer anything else from it.

SM

SM

I think we got Resurrection about 6 weeks after the US (though I remember seeing a preview around the time of the US release).

If Fox Australia was happy with the general timing for release, then it'll release it on the nearest Thursday to that date and since the 27th is a Thursday...

SiL

SiL

Hicks is getting a bit slow with the news. It's said Dec 27 for a while now :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed