Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,384 times)

ace3g

ace3g

genocyber

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Not feeling the plot of this one at all...which sucks because the first is definitely one of my favorite movies.

D88M

D88M

No Del Toro, no party, i will watch it on blu ray and that is all the filmmakers can expect from me because everything about this looks dull, generic, and souless.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: D88M on Feb 06, 2018, 12:03:31 PM
No Del Toro, no party, i will watch it on blu ray and that is all the filmmakers can expect from me because everything about this looks dull, generic, and souless.

I agree. The feeling I got from the latest trailer was that it seems more like a kids movie. Too many daytime environments, too many bright flashy colors, too many young kids. It just seems more like power rangers or transformers. I think the reason the first film was so appealing to me personally, was because it had adult actors in dull giant mechs fighting monsters in the dark. It had more of a Godzilla or monsterverse feel. What I've seen of the sequel looks like monster smackdown in lego city. And we're also going to have rogue yeagers in the mix as well, which I sincerely hope will not be used to float some kind of political agenda. Shame, after the wreck that was covenant, and seeing predators wearing pants and riding on tanks, I was hoping Pacific rim 2 would be the one to deliver the goods. I'll also be waiting for the Blu-ray, and expecting suicide squad story quality. My main focus will stay with "The Meg".

genocyber

genocyber

The first movie drove the point home that the jaegers were extremely dangerous to pilot. You were strapped into a machine full of electricity and fire exploding around you when you grappled these monsters, and then their was the added stress of your brain having to fuse with another person with you possibly dying in the process. Now they are just big toys for any kid who wants to get in one and go jumping into a building.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I won't watch it in theaters, i'll wait for it in dvd, i don't trust the director at all.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

It's too much power ranger for me at this point; I liked the first movie for its gritty and "dangerous" style. This just looks too flashy.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Looks terrible

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Tangakkai on Mar 11, 2018, 02:25:35 PM
It's too much power ranger for me at this point; I liked the first movie for its gritty and "dangerous" style. This just looks too flashy.
And no kissing!!

dave1978

dave1978

I really struggle with the concept of this film.  Why build huge humanoid robots that are immensley complex and would in reality be very fragile when it would surely make much more sense to just build a giant cannon, or a tank,  the humanoid thing just kills it as a feasible weapon.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: dave1978 on Mar 15, 2018, 11:07:40 AM
I really struggle with the concept of this film.  Why build huge humanoid robots that are immensley complex and would in reality be very fragile when it would surely make much more sense to just build a giant cannon, or a tank,  the humanoid thing just kills it as a feasible weapon.

Well...a cannon is stationary so I don't see that working effectively. Tanks and jets didn't work when the first Kaiju reached the shore in the first movie.

The cool thing about Del Toro's designs was the fact that none of them really had conventional weapons (aside from Striker's chest missiles). The conventional weapons didn't work, so I don't know why one of the new Yaeger's has a giant machine gun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed