More plot details.

Started by Shasvre, Feb 24, 2011, 07:46:27 PM

Author
More plot details. (Read 34,320 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I do trust Sky and bleeding cools leaked pieces of news, but it would be so much more reassuring to hear it from scott. Fassbender's words are echoed by Giger aswell in the Blick newspaper interview where it says 'he does however confirm that Promotheus will take part in the same universe as the Alien series.' I suppose we can trust Giger and Fassbender. Giger never mentioned prequel. I honestly think the film could very well be set before Alien but just not tell a traditional prequel story (like star wars eps1-3) but focus on its own story (while still involving some form of the familiar giger alien species and the jockey)
This does kind of sound like what fassbender may have been alluding to, I think.

dandan

dandan

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 25, 2011, 10:05:42 PM
I do trust Sky and bleeding cools leaked pieces of news, but it would be so much more reassuring to hear it from scott. Fassbender's words are echoed by Giger aswell in the Blick newspaper interview where it says 'he does however confirm that Promotheus will take part in the same universe as the Alien series.' I suppose we can trust Giger and Fassbender. Giger never mentioned prequel. I honestly think the film could very well be set before Alien but just not tell a traditional prequel story (like star wars eps1-3) but focus on its own story (while still involving some form of the familiar giger alien species and the jockey)
This does kind of sound like what fassbender may have been alluding to, I think.
yeah so basically its a spin off set before Alien if its all true what i think it is anyway :) any way any film directed by Scott is a masterpiece so im sure this will be epic! and im really looking forward to see how the jockeys live how the act  to see if they are good or bad beings or they just like the predators on there own side.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 25, 2011, 05:30:02 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2011, 04:58:43 AM
....Why am I getting the odd feeling that Ridley didn't agree with Cameron's version of the reproduction method? Does anyone know what Ridley's thoughts are on that?

He really liked the Queen, and was a fan of the rest of Aliens. Not going to bother digging out a quote for you right now, try hitting up Valaquen's blog.

He said Aliens was a good action film but it wasn't the route he would have taken.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Boo hoo.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Disregarding AVP Requiem, from what we've seen, the queen looks the same regardless of host. Unless of course the queen is birthed and develops adaptively to the type of prey in the vicinity. Perhaps, depending on the xeno locality, even the facehuggers are different to make it easier for implantation on the prey that is most common. It would take a fairly decent sized facehugger to implant an embryo into a jockey I would imagine.

So basically if the common host is human, the queen lays eggs that hatch facehuggers that are designed best for impregnating a human or at least something of similar size. But that might even go back as far as to say that every genetic line of xenomorphs differs due to the original host..... Which we know, so that would make it impossible for there to be a "pure" form, unless the xenos are in fact "manufactured."

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

disregarding avp:r we've only seen queens burst from humans

Z

Z

Frist of all great post Federick Gonsa , you made me laught so hard.

My tought on the plot of the movie:
If i remember correctly , in Alien the spacejockey sended a waring message to others of the treath that was on the planet.
I don't know if that message was for there own race or evrey one, but if it was for evrey one then they arent in war with the humans.
Plus if the humans had meet the spacejockey before, they woud not be suprise by the jockey wen they saw it in the ship.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Z on Feb 26, 2011, 05:16:15 PM
Frist of all great post Federick Gonsa , you made me laught so hard.

My tought on the plot of the movie:
If i remember correctly , in Alien the spacejockey sended a waring message to others of the treath that was on the planet.
I don't know if that message was for there own race or evrey one, but if it was for evrey one then they arent in war with the humans.
Plus if the humans had meet the spacejockey before, they woud not be suprise by the jockey wen they saw it in the ship.

lol sended... anyway.

but thats not true. Thats not true at all. Humans may of met the space jockies before. But whos to say it was a select few human or they even survived the encounter?

ur under the impression that if one person has met the space jockey then all of the human race will instantly know of their existance

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Another bit from Twitter:

QuoteCineQ Quentin Brown
@_CorporalHicks Different style of ship in there, more rounded & organic, less rectangular. Navigator style alien ship?

He posted he'd seen some Prommy sets going up before so I asked him if he'd seen anything new.

Koshmar

Koshmar

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 25, 2011, 02:30:15 AM
The world runs on this: (Alien > Predator= true). It is a fact proven by scientists, and corroborated by tons of evidence ranging from Dinosaur fossils, to geological composition studies.

I enjoyed this very much. Thank you.

Of course any comparison of the alien to a predator is out of reasonable discussion. It is simply opinion to say one is better than the other. To me the idea of Alien transcends that of any other movie monster. The xenomorph is not just a monster, it is an idea, a theme, something which goes beyond a simple animal. The magic of alien to me is that it is nature and machine birthed into one form. It represents the perfection and precision of a machine fused with the mystery and adaptability of a biological entity. The idea was far ahead of it's time, bioengineering and inorganic incorporation into natural substances. As a species, we are unwrapping the ability to do what these space jockeys did in this movie. Bioremediation, phage therapy, biological introduction, transduction, genetic engineering, we are harnessing these things today to control our surroundings. The actions of the jockeys are a mirror into our own reflection in the future. The physical form of the alien is  of little conscequence when you stop and think about what the alien is. Sure it's really neat and fun to watch on a screen but there is a larger message in the idea. You have to be careful about what you create and must be able to control it or things can go wrong.

Personally I'm glad the facts are being skewed and contradicted because it gives an air of mystery. You don't know what's going to happen or appear . The alien is like space itself; dark, mysterious, beautiful, but potentially terrifying beyond imagination. All of this because we simply don't know what's out there.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2011, 05:54:55 PM
Another bit from Twitter:

QuoteCineQ Quentin Brown
@_CorporalHicks Different style of ship in there, more rounded & organic, less rectangular. Navigator style alien ship?

He posted he'd seen some Prommy sets going up before so I asked him if he'd seen anything new.

sounds like the Derelict to me...

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Nail on the head Koshmar...

There isn't a comparison. The alien is a 'perfect organism' and the original story wasn't about an evil space monster, rather, it was about the survival of both species. Why there is no comparison for me is because the predator was birthed as a giant action monster in a giant action picture. That's in no way a bad thing, but at the same time, its the difference between high science fiction and low science fiction.

Crossing the two was like Putting a tomato and an apple on a burger. Both are fruit, but not comparable.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: dandan on Feb 25, 2011, 10:15:36 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 25, 2011, 10:05:42 PM
yeah so basically its a spin off set before Alien if its all true what i think it is anyway :) any way any film directed by Scott is a masterpiece so im sure this will be epic! and im really looking forward to see how the jockeys live how the act  to see if they are good or bad beings or they just like the predators on there own side.

Sorrry bud had to stop by after reading this. No doubt about it old Ridles is a master of his class, but even the master doesn't always get it right... and clearly you haven't seen Robin Hood yet.  If Prometheus turns out anything like this mess these boards will tell a different story I guarentee it. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Feb 25, 2011, 11:20:33 PM
disregarding avp:r we've only seen queens burst from humans
AvPR didn't feature any Queen.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 01, 2011, 08:32:39 PM
Nail on the head Koshmar...

There isn't a comparison. The alien is a 'perfect organism' and the original story wasn't about an evil space monster, rather, it was about the survival of both species. Why there is no comparison for me is because the predator was birthed as a giant action monster in a giant action picture. That's in no way a bad thing, but at the same time, its the difference between high science fiction and low science fiction.

Crossing the two was like Putting a tomato and an apple on a burger. Both are fruit, but not comparable.

I hate false symbolism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed