Space Jockey and Giant Head Pilot Confirmed

Started by Darkoo, Feb 21, 2011, 08:55:11 AM

Author
Space Jockey and Giant Head Pilot Confirmed (Read 34,009 times)

dandan

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 22, 2011, 12:27:03 AM
Quote from: dandan on Feb 21, 2011, 09:51:34 PM
Quote from: Mus on Feb 21, 2011, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Feb 21, 2011, 02:26:18 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 21, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
No doubt. Still doesn't explain why it's only 8 foot tall. I'd guess at least 10 from memory of the scene.

It might not be a puppet of the entire body. Could be something meant to be shot from the waist up or have the rest added in post.

Or the creature doesn't have a lower half. Maybe it's fixed to the chair, or whatever other furniture they might grow out of. A table or something.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjhRZOhdXU

watch the video....

look at the polar bear suit at the beginning there is a guy in the suit and he is controlling the head that is it and also controlling the arms and legs this is a perfect example of how the space jockey may be used

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs42/i/2009/134/8/b/Pilot_by_Bardoku.jpg
What is that ? lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Reminds me of Doctor Who.

Gate

azrael55

wasn't scott speaking about the space jockey as we know it might only be some kind of suit? Would certainly explain why the ACTUAL space jockey might only be 8 ft tall...

emperorjordan

Regarding the eight feet:

They've built the Derelict cockpit, too; and judging by Alien photos the Jock looks like it might be approximately eight feet tall from head to thigh (!) - which is where it 'plugs in' to its chair.

Either it has no legs as such or we'll see it 'performing its function'.

dandan

PearlAndDean
Finally, the long-awaited Alien Prequel - Prometheus has been given a release date of 1st June 2012, with Ridley Scott set to direct!

PearlAndDean
@alienpreqnews Hi. According to the UK Release Calendar Changes sent by RENTRAK, FOX have set a date as 01/06/2012. But it could move again

http://twitter.com/#!/PearlAndDean

Dirty Harry

In almost every interview about Alien,Ridley talk about the Jockey...he was always obsessed
with this creature and finally he will have the chance to show us the story of this being.
Regardless of being connected with Alien or not,Prometheus will be a great movie!

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: dandan on Feb 22, 2011, 11:30:10 AM
No doubt. Still doesn't explain why it's only 8 foot tall. I'd guess at least 10 from memory of the scene.

It might not be a puppet of the entire body. Could be something meant to be shot from the waist up or have the rest added in post.

Or the creature doesn't have a lower half. Maybe it's fixed to the chair, or whatever other furniture they might grow out of. A table or something.

watch the video....

look at the polar bear suit at the beginning there is a guy in the suit and he is controlling the head that is it and also controlling the arms and legs this is a perfect example of how the space jockey may be used

What is that ? lol
From the series Farscape. A pilot who is kinda connected to a biomechanical spaceship.
And he's animatronic, too.

dandan

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 22, 2011, 07:19:34 PM
Quote from: dandan on Feb 22, 2011, 11:30:10 AM

watch the video....

What is that ? lol
From the series Farscape. A pilot who is kinda connected to a biomechanical spaceship.
And he's animatronic, too.
looks pritty interesting lol might have to watch an episode :)

Alexa Chung

i bet this big giant head gets all the best lines

Mus

"Yo, head, let's go check out this alien signal."

"I'm heading there now, dohoho."

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mus on Feb 23, 2011, 03:16:36 AM
"Yo, head, let's go check out this alien signal."

"I'm heading there now, dohoho."

Made me laugh hard (no seriously) if that happens on screen it would crack me up  ;D giant talking head with the best one liners.

Darkoo

QuoteAnother source shot me a message today having read an early draft of the script saying that a "bioweapons planet" is the only link to the "Alien" films in it and it's a tenuous one at best.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19609/animatronic-space-jockey-in-prometheus-

BonesawT101

Another source shot me a message today having read an early draft of the script saying that a "bioweapons planet" is the only link to the "Alien" films in it and it's a tenuous one at best. -

strange, i suppose it's important to note that the source said that they read an 'early' draft.

dandan

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 23, 2011, 10:16:43 AM
QuoteAnother source shot me a message today having read an early draft of the script saying that a "bioweapons planet" is the only link to the "Alien" films in it and it's a tenuous one at best.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19609/animatronic-space-jockey-in-prometheus-
whats bioweapon?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed