Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien

Started by Darkoo, Feb 12, 2011, 07:01:18 AM

Author
Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien (Read 33,190 times)

nendo

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 16, 2011, 04:05:13 AM
I think the questions surrounding the 'birth' of the aliens are enough fodder to have this film be a bonafide and official prequel. This film takes place in the same universe, discovering the same space jockey and goes deeper to figure out who they are and what happened to them. To me, that is in essence, a prequel. Discussing the term Alien...that encompasses quite a bit, space jockeys and all. I feel like people want the word 'alien' in the title to convince them that this is an alien film.

But since the press release for the name change etc we can't be sure if at all it still follows the orignial story that ridley was always mentioning. It might be completly different and not be set in the universe.

just saying

emperorjordan

Quoteso is this an Alien prequel or not?

We'll never know.  Despite the film now officially and irrevocably being made, I expect it to be unexpectedly cancelled tomorrow.  I think Alien 5 is what Heaven looks like.

emperorjordan

The film is definitely set before Alien and connected to it.  The only remaining question is how much.

stroggificated

Prometheus is connected to Alien like a <The Chronicles of Lt. Ellen Ripley> without any Alien.
:(
Pessimism FTW!

emperorjordan

The Alien will be in it.  It has to be - I bet my house!

dandan

oh it will have aliens in it i bet ya :) but bigger ones? much bigger types of xenomorphs earlier versions perhaps? since scott was on about before talking that he would make earlier versions of the face hugger etc......

Wobblyboddle77

dandan
          With all due respect, you have no idea what you are on about, Scott has stated "the keen fan will notice strands of alien's dna", prometheus will have no xenomorphs directly resembling the one from scotts alien film as such regardless of size, more like just a few small traits as a nod towards the creature. I think we could very well see the space jockeys, but scott and fox are trying to distance themselves from the xenomorph as it's been over exposed by too many films from milking the cash cow of the alien franchise. Space jockeys, have not yet been explored and if anything prometheus will feature them, so with all due respect give it a rest.

ThisBethesdaSea

Wobbly, you don't know what you're on about either. At this moment, no one aside from the cast and crew of prometheus knows what we'll be seeing when the film opens.

dandan

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 17, 2011, 08:58:03 PM
dandan
          With all due respect, you have no idea what you are on about, Scott has stated "the keen fan will notice strands of alien's dna", prometheus will have no xenomorphs directly resembling the one from scotts alien film as such regardless of size, more like just a few small traits as a nod towards the creature. I think we could very well see the space jockeys, but scott and fox are trying to distance themselves from the xenomorph as it's been over exposed by too many films from milking the cash cow of the alien franchise. Space jockeys, have not yet been explored and if anything prometheus will feature them, so with all due respect give it a rest.
With all due respect was there any need for that atall? i didnt say it would feature the aliens .... i was just saying we may just see an xenomorph but not the ones we seen in the movies but a different version... and yes ino we might well see spacejockeys

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 17, 2011, 09:21:00 PM
Wobbly, you don't know what you're on about either. At this moment, no one aside from the cast and crew of prometheus knows what we'll be seeing when the film opens.

ThisBethesdaSea
                          So dandan and i don't know what we're on about? what do you know about space jockeys? can you answer me that?

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: dandan on Feb 17, 2011, 09:30:32 PM
dandan
With all due respect was there any need for that atall? i didnt say it would feature the aliens .... i was just saying we may just see an xenomorph but not the ones we seen in the movies but a different version... and yes ino we might well see spacejockeys

dandan
            apologies buddy i come across as aggressive there, no need for that, ii take it back.

dandan

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 17, 2011, 09:57:41 PM
Quote from: dandan on Feb 17, 2011, 09:30:32 PM
dandan

dandan
            apologies buddy i come across as aggressive there, no need for that, ii take it back.
no worries just that different people have there own opinions and at the end of the day its just all speculation but we did get confirmation off Fassbender that it is attached to the alien films so we no it is alien related so it could have anything in this

Corporal Hicks

Most of those have already been posted up in the board buddy.

Also - I know it's been said before, but please don't double post. There's an edit button on your posts, please use that to amend your posts. Thanks  :)

Darkoo

Quote from: dandan on Feb 18, 2011, 05:16:02 PM
Hey guys i have more and latest news on regarding Prometheus click on the links...

QuoteThe #Luxxbox Brainwash series tables by Jason Bird featuring in new Ridley Scott film-Prometheus,filming in London
http://twitter.com/luxxbox/statuses/38419461576990720
http://luxxbox.com/luxxbox/furniture/brainwash

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed