Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien

Started by Darkoo, Feb 12, 2011, 07:01:18 AM

Author
Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien (Read 33,195 times)

Gazz

Quote from: FiveByFive on Feb 13, 2011, 01:30:50 PM
I'm thinking the whole movie will be about Space Jockeys....and right at the end....the Xenos attack....?

This was kind of what I've been thinking since Fassbender's interview.

Sharp Sticks

I'm thinking the whole movie will be about Space Jockeys....and right at the end....the Xenos attack....?

On what evidence beyond wild speculation?

nendo

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 13, 2011, 04:23:47 PM

Dude, he started with "I'm thinking". He does not need to provide any evidence for what he thinks the film will be about.

Sharp Sticks

But there are posts like that all over the place. 'I'm thinking it will all be about Aliens and Scott is tricking us', 'I'm thinking the Space Jockeys will be the main focus', 'I think Prometheus is the name of the Derelict'. It's perfectly innocent speculation, but I think that it's contributing heavily to the mass confusion around here.

That said, I realize I came off a little harsh. I just wish we could keep our heads above the water for five minutes.

nendo

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 13, 2011, 04:52:22 PM
But there are posts like that all over the place. 'I'm thinking it will all be about Aliens and Scott is tricking us', 'I'm thinking the Space Jockeys will be the main focus', 'I think Prometheus is the name of the Derelict'. It's perfectly innocent speculation, but I think that it's contributing heavily to the mass confusion around here.

That said, I realize I came off a little harsh. I just wish we could keep our heads above the water for five minutes.

so your saying is that people shouldn't be allowed to express there thoughts on what the film will be about? its a forum. It's meant for that type of convo.

Sharp Sticks

No, I'm saying people should restrain themselves from making stuff up and concentrate on what we know.

nendo

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 13, 2011, 05:03:15 PM
No, I'm saying people should restrain themselves from making stuff up and concentrate on what we know.
But why? (other than your reason of "confussion"). None of these forums would have any type of reply if people didn;t express their thoughts/opinions on a subject. If he wants to let people know what he thinks the film will be like then let him. Otherwise it will be boring place to visit and no one would post comments

Valaquen

Yawn, Nendo, he said I realize I came off a little harsh how many posts ago? Get over it.
EDIT: I realise I may have come off as a little harsh.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: nendo on Feb 13, 2011, 05:16:27 PM
But why? (other than your reason of "confussion"). None of these forums would have any type of reply if people didn;t express their thoughts/opinions on a subject. If he wants to let people know what he thinks the film will be like then let him. Otherwise it will be boring place to visit and no one would post comments

It's this particular subject I have a problem with, because we don't actually know enough about the film to form an educated opinion, beyond 'this sounds great/awful'. If you want to say that you think Prometheus will be all about the unicorn from Blade Runner and how it was actually a hallucination projected through time and space by the Alien Queen's hivemind, you're perfectly within your rights to shout it to the heavens.

Just as I'm perfectly within my rights to say that it's silly and isn't based on anything resembling hard facts.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 13, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
EDIT: I realise I may have come off as a little harsh.

Gods help me, I really am Canadian.

bleau

I think this will have Space Jocky's in it. Also
Spoiler
I think this might be a Alien prequel. ;D
[close]

stroggificated

Quote from: bleau on Feb 13, 2011, 05:42:03 PM
I think this will have Space Jocky's in it. Also
Spoiler
I think this might be a Alien prequel. ;D
[close]
Spoiler

;D  ;)
[close]

Bad Replicant

Mark my words, stuff will happen... IN SPACE.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 13, 2011, 04:23:47 PM

Requesting permission to speculate, sir.

Well, pretty much everything is wild speculation when dealing with the actual content of the film this early in production. Nonetheless my reasoning for such thinking/ speculation was rooted in the way in which Fassbender described the plot structure (building to action climax much like that of Alien/ Aliens) and his certainty when declaring that there will be a definite connection with the Alien films. Beyond that, well it's all just speculation. Without speculation we're just a bunch of people hanging around a forum stating how development A or B is good or bad for a final film we haven't seen or know little about. Not only does that strike me as rather boring but pretty speculative in itself.  :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The news for this movie still confused the f**k out of me.

Valaquen

I think it'll be to Alien what The Cleveland Show is to Family Guy. But, y'know, better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed