Prometheus - terraforming starship from Shadow-19?!

Started by 180924609, Jan 18, 2011, 09:14:49 PM

Author
Prometheus - terraforming starship from Shadow-19?! (Read 7,314 times)

Oh God this feels like deja-vu! Check out the thread that still appears to be alive on this forum: 'Alien prequel script - Jon Spaihts', started by user 'samH3LL'.

In that thread there are links to two known Jon Spaihts works: 'Passengers' and 'Shadow-19'. I remember scanning through them at the time to find any tell-tale clues and a possible correlation with the Harvest script. I actually read through all of Passengers and thought it was great!, but never fully read all of Shadow-19...

Today, after reading the news on here about a blogger revealing that AH was actually real, I went through those two early Spaihts scripts again and check out what I stumbled upon on page 20 of Shadow-19:

LARSON
Prometheus is half a kilometer across, with a mass of seventy
million tons. And history's biggest gravity drive running through its
core. It's a magnificent monster.

DIRECTOR MARBECK
Prometheus has no passenger compartments, no cockpit.
It's a super-intelligent machine designed to transform Erix into a
new Earth.

VANCE
A terraforming ship.

So is Ridley and Lindelof's new 'Prometheus' movie based on this other idea from one of Jon Spaihts early scripts?! Seems to fit perfectly with all the facts so far. Might stay up late tonight and read Shadow-19 more closely now!

A copy of the download link for Shadow-19:
http://pdfcast.org/pdf/shadow19

OWLF

Quote from: 180924609 on Jan 18, 2011, 09:14:49 PM
Oh God this feels like deja-vu! Check out the thread that still appears to be alive on this forum: 'Alien prequel script - Jon Spaihts', started by user 'samH3LL'.

In that thread there are links to two known Jon Spaihts works: 'Passengers' and 'Shadow-19'. I remember scanning through them at the time to find any tell-tale clues and a possible correlation with the Harvest script. I actually read through all of Passengers and thought it was great!, but never fully read all of Shadow-19...

Today, after reading the news on here about a blogger revealing that AH was actually real, I went through those two early Spaihts scripts again and check out what I stumbled upon on page 20 of Shadow-19:

LARSON
Prometheus is half a kilometer across, with a mass of seventy
million tons. And history's biggest gravity drive running through its
core. It's a magnificent monster.

DIRECTOR MARBECK
Prometheus has no passenger compartments, no cockpit.
It's a super-intelligent machine designed to transform Erix into a
new Earth.

VANCE
A terraforming ship.

So is Ridley and Lindelof's new 'Prometheus' movie based on this other idea from one of Jon Spaihts early scripts?! Seems to fit perfectly with all the facts so far. Might stay up late tonight and read Shadow-19 more closely now!

A copy of the download link for Shadow-19:
http://pdfcast.org/pdf/shadow19
Just finished reading the Shadow-19 script,and I must admit,it´s a pretty cool read!Yeah,by the looks of it,seems like there´s an obvious connection between Ridley´s Prometheus and Shadow-19.Also the fact that it deals with Terraforming sounds very similar to what Ridley was hinting at when talking about the Alien prequel a few months back.Thought it´s all speculation at the moment,we actually might be on to something here.We´ll have to wait and see´till we get more information to be sure.

predxeno

It sounds cool, but it's still way too early to make any theories that might have any actual credence.

Runner2215

Runner2215

Read Shadow-19 yesterday (a little behind the curve). WOW. I'm sure they tweeked the script a lot to make it into what they will be shooting, but after reading Ridley Scott's comments of "near faster than light travel," "engineers of space," "dark side of the moon," and not to mention the name of the ship and its purpose, I'm wondering just how much of Shadow 19 will be in Prometheus.

This is just speculation based on the casting so far, but I'm betting Noomi Rapace's role is going to be similar to Ada, Fassbender's role will be based on the villainous Banneker, and Charlize will play something similar to Garvey - the Marine lady who runs the experimental weapons place in Nevada.

And based on the weird misdirection Fox is going with in pre-promoting the movie, I wouldn't put it past them to be keeping an ace under their sleeve. That ace is going to be Russell Crowe in a character similar to Conrad Vance.

I'm sorry if I am repeating anybody who may have posted this already.

Federick Gonsa

Who is Conrad Vance if you would not mind giving a one sentence explanation? A marine? a scientist? I have not read the script, because I dont want to spoil the movie too much.

Darkoo

Darkoo

from the script
Spoiler
QuoteCAPTAIN CONRAD VANCE of the Offworld Marine Corps prepares
for combat. He is a rugged man of 40, calm and focused. In
his massive ARMORED SPACE SUIT he looks superhuman: a halfton
war machine. His rifle is big as a cannon.
[close]

Runner2215

Runner2215

Yes that pretty much sums it up. Think Maximus in space.

I highly recommend the script. I think you can give it a read without spoiling Prometheus, as I'm sure they will have added to it considerably by now. It is kind of like an R-rated Avatar and definitely fits the grand mythology scale that Scott was talking about.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 14, 2011, 08:03:38 PM
from the script
Spoiler
[close]

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 15, 2011, 03:03:20 PM
Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 14, 2011, 08:03:38 PM
from the script
Spoiler
[close]
:laugh: Exactly what I thought.

Runner2215

Runner2215

Spoiler
Yet another assumption - those civilized "mantis" aliens introduced at the end of the script will be interchanged with the space jockey race. In trying to terraform a planet seemingly uninhabited by intelligent life, they stumble upon the mantis/jockeys that already lived there. Also, note how the humans terraform another planet. They spread earth-based bacteria via rockets to recreate things like grass and other plant life found on earth. That could have been what the space jockey was doing in the first 'alien.' He/she/it was carrying life from its home planet and was trying to spread it on another world to recreate its own after maybe the humans took over the jockey's world.
[close]

Complete speculation but somebody check out the script and see what you think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed