Stupid Teenagers (Alien & Predator related)

Started by galaxys ultimate hunter, Jan 10, 2011, 07:47:22 PM

Author
Stupid Teenagers (Alien & Predator related) (Read 10,760 times)

lozzy.94

me and my friend after seeing predators.

Me: hey man have you seen the original predator with arnold schwarzenegger.

Friend: what!!! is he on that hunting planet aswell.

(face palm momment)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: galaxys ultimate hunter on Jan 18, 2011, 01:51:40 AM
I never set out to make an anti AVP topic, I like the AVP movies. I was just expressing my negative feelings that teens now n days see a movie or somthing and assume they know everything about it, take it as it is like assume it is the first, I hate it nobady checks to see if its an original piece or a sequel, or a remake. seeing Predators and not knowing or seeing Predator is insulting, that ticks me off. Thats like seeing Godzilla 1998 and thinking its an all new movie and not knowing of Gojira (Godzilla) 1954.

Well put!  Honestly though, every generation does have this problem, especially with science fiction.  I am still amazed how many kids do not know there was an original Star Treck. Really missing out lol.   Even more amazed how many young engineers in this area do not even know we lost two space shuttles  :'(.  How do get into this field without knowing its history? Just like these kids speculating on the AVP films without knowing the history.

predxeno

Since I see all EU to be canon, when someone asks how the A:R scientists never found out about the Alien invasion on Earth in the EU, I'll just say, "Hey, you'd be surprised how many people there are in both the real world and the fictional world who don't know what are seemingly the most obvious things," and then point to this thread. :laugh:

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 18, 2011, 04:40:30 PM
"Hey, you'd be surprised how many people there are in both the real world and the fictional world who don't know what are seemingly the most obvious things,"

Ohohoho. Oh no. No, surprised? Not anymore.

predxeno

Hey, I have a different AVP ideology than you.  I can make things fit in, other "regular" fans just don't want to listen or don't believe in conjecturizing or retconning.

Predecai

Predecai

Isn't expanded universe expanded (aside because of being brought to another medium than the original) because it is not considered as canon?

predxeno

It is not considered canon by the community and only those in the community who choose to believe that.  Fox has never issued any statement regarding this issue.  For me, just because the community says it isn't canon, that isn't good enough for me.  My sources need to be a little higher than fan opinion.  Some fans expunge certain Alien, Predator, and AVP movies from canon simply because they don't like it.  I can't follow in these footsteps and say I'm a fan dedicated to the facts in the AVP universe.

Predecai

Predecai

I see. Though if there's no saying of what is to be considered as canon by publisher, hard to say what to accept or not. I think most important is not contradicting the first movie (or state something that destroys some of the cult- sw ep one in my eyes...), and keeping the continuity. If any comics or books do, you think it's part of da canon?

predxeno

If they do, I can retcon it in.  Besides, the definition of what's considered canon or not canon in this franchise is held very loosely.  Many claim that AVPR defies Alien movie canon, though I can't understand why as I've retconned all the "contradictions" in a very logical pattern.  I guess some people just don't want to drop their beliefs. :-X

Predecai

Predecai

avp-r? aliens on earth. canon I guess is not only a logical, but kinda strictly emotional bond of like or dislike. Like nobody said preds are not sons of robocop, but they aren't. I think canon is logical and emotional thingy as well. Like magic.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Would've fit wonky-out if they didn't show that at the government's (no, not a restaurant, silly) they had that cool little clip showing an Alien smiling to the camera for the photoshoot.

Predecai

Predecai

I mean, wasn't Ripley fighting against aliens so the beasties can't even touch humanity? There wouldn't be even a logical problem (lost data, not recorded, bought by yutani corp whatevs), but aliens on earth? Not a good idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed