More Alien Prequel Rumours

Started by Darkness, Dec 09, 2010, 07:42:35 PM

Author
More Alien Prequel Rumours (Read 3,933 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Vulture posted an update yesterday on the Alien prequel revealing its title: Alien Paradise and various characters in the script. They firstly debunked the previous story about the prequels being delayed. This was apparently a failed attempt to cast Leonardo DiCaprio in the prequels who would have been busy filming another movie.

They mention a new character called David who is an android and Ridley Scott was reportedly interested in Michael Fassbender for the part. They heard the part of ‘Vickers’ – a fortysomething, tough-but-sexy woman – will be played by Michelle Yeoh. There will be an older businessman character in the script as well as another character called ‘Engineer 1′ who is a CGI character like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

Since the article has been posted, BadAssDigest has spoken to Fox and claim the Vulture report is false. They say that the studio is only making one Prequel movie – not two as previously stated and it’s definitely a prequel and not a reboot. The title won’t be Alien Paradise either. Apparently Fox will reveal more about the Prequel in due course. Thanks to greygoose, Kirkempk, dDave and King Willie for the news.

So it's Alien: Paradise ....yeah right, either it's gotta be a code name for summit or the worst joke ever. And what's with this Elizabeth Shaw character who, for our American friends who maybe don't know, was the name of one of Dr Who's first companions.  Last but not least, yet most worrying of all, check this out:

"Then there's Engineer 1, a character who, like the pioneering irritation that was Jar Jar Binks, or pretty much the entire cast of Avatar, will be very tall, and rendered entirely via the magic of computers. Could this character be the living, breathing space jockey of the original film, whose story Scott is so interested in exploring?"

This quote came from here:
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/691939/alien_prequel_alien_paradise_casting_and_plot_rumours_now_just_one_film.html

It appears to suggest a CGI character that may be the Space Jockey simply known as "Engineer 1" seemingly based around the idea of Avatar!!  Ermm, anyone getting a little worried yet?  

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, the article from NYG magazine was filled with rubbish anyway according to 20th C Fox at Twitter. NYG published a rumour page a month or so ago with rubbish as well.

http://twitter.com/#!/20thFoxCC

20thFoxCC Chris Petrikin
@
@DrewAtHitFix I know, that was partially just in jest...and it's not called Paradise...answers soon.

13 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

20thFoxCC Chris Petrikin
@
@DrewAtHitFix It's not two films...can you hear me now?

»

20thFoxCC Chris Petrikin

I don't know where to begin to correct what is being written about a certain Ridley Scott project...

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Wow I'm not keen on the title at all. But then again I've never been intrested in a prequel either.

m138jewski

m138jewski

fox said every one of these rumors are false, including the title

Abe

Abe

A-Ash
B-Bishop
C-Call
D-David

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed