Alien Prequels Release Pushed Back

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 04, 2010, 05:55:47 PM

Author
Alien Prequels Release Pushed Back (Read 10,843 times)

Corporal Hicks

According to Scriptflags the release of both parts of the prequel have been pushed back:

“Ridley Scott’s Alien Prequel #1 & #2 have both been pushed back a full twelve months to 2013 & 2014. There has been no official explanation from Fox or Scott’s camp. This comes two months after their firstĀ publicizedĀ fallout over budgetary and rating criteria.”

The article doesn’t state any sources however. Thanks to Shasvre for the news.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Well surprise surprise.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Fan-f**king-Tastic, First A:CM and now this? ...meh.. :-\

Corporal Hicks

I've emailed Fox to see what they have to say.

kadim25

kadim25

Ridley like Cameron shoot in 3D  hahahaha end of the world

Bio Mech Hunter

Ugh... no doubt Fox's discrepancy with Ridley has something to do with this. *facepalm*

Goji

Goji

Honestly, this is probably for the best. 2012 already has "The Dark Knight Rises", as well as Legendary's take of Godzilla (among tons of other super hero films). It's probably best it's pushed back, and of course, to make sure it's actually awesome, and not a rush job.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Take your time, do it right.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Ideally it'd be relesed BEFORE doomsday.

blackhawk

blackhawk

I agree with Mr. Clemens....if your gonna take your time then do it right and don't rush!!!

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

I don't mind waiting if the end result is something special which as long as Scott stays with this project I believe it will be.

shinigami

shinigami

Uhg... This sucks.  :-\  I was hoping this will come out somewhere in 2011 or 2012 or something. Oh well...

the truth

the truth

The studio pushed it back cause they need alot more time to nail down the settings and create the stages where this will be shot.
And this then will free up a slot of time for PREDATORS 2 which the studio says is gearing up for a 2011/2012 release
Rodriguez has finished the story and is looking for writers he hopes to start filming after he finishes the MACHETE sequel called MACHETE KILLS which filming should begin shortly Danny Trejo confirmed Rodriguez has finished the story and will film a.s.a.p.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, we might remember Ridley stating that although he has two prequels in mind, he's only focusing on getting the first one out rather than being able to talk about the second one coming out

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

As far as I'm concerned, Shasvre ought to have shoved it back where it came from rather than inform this sight about it, whether there's any truth behind this vague rumour in the report or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed