Lindelof Finished Alien Prequel Script

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2010, 08:47:59 AM

Author
Lindelof Finished Alien Prequel Script (Read 9,389 times)

Corporal Hicks

Make of this what you will. I’m still digesting it:

“Reports are coming in that the co-creator of Lost has just turned in his script for the Untitled Alien Prequel for director Ridley Scott and the executives at 20th Century Fox love it. Why do they love it? Well, because Scott originally budgeted the film around $150 million and Lindelof's script has a distinct lack of large action set pieces, thereby bringing that number down. Plus the script reportedly has a more PG-13 edge in terms of language and off camera violence – much like the original 1979 film.”

I would have thought they’d have realised how the public and fandom reacted to toned down Alien films after AvP. On the plus side we’ll see the return of Colonial Marines with Natalie Portman as a potential lead. Check out the entire article at SlashFilm. Thanks to Jigsaw85.

The Necronoir

You guys really turn into a bunch of melodramatic ninnies when it comes to 'revelations' like this! Gratuitous gore did not make AVP-R any better than its predecessor, nor will the lack of it necessarily make these movies worse. It's all about style and execution, both of which Scott has in spades.

DJ Pu$$yface

PG-13?! Heads must roll for this!

TheBearPaw

I just vomited all over the screen. Look what you did!

predxeno

predxeno

Well, at least the it seems to be toned down only to a similar level that Alien was at.

Neon_Knight

The existence of this prequel makes me sad.   :(

Ridley's going to destroy his own masterpiece.  Alien is so good because it's artistic. Things aren't explained-away in some lame fantasy-nerd manner, the whole thing is an art form which is effective because so little of the film is explained or understood by the audience or the characters.  Explaining the origins of Alien defeats the whole point.

Hopefully this whole thing will be cancelled rather soon.

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Well at least FOX will get paid.  At least we can be satisfied with that.  I mean that's what this is really all about right?

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Natalie Portman as a Colonial Marine General?  Good actor but she looks like a stiff breeze would blow her over.

rycher

rycher

the only things im worried about is, the PG13 bullshit, and the off camera violence... i wanna see people getting their heads cracked open like in every other alien film..

thisguy

thisguy

come...on

LakerFan

LakerFan

You all shouldn't assume things. That can be a very stupid and also sometimes a very dangerous thing to do. I am not going to assume anything even if this does get a PG-13 rating. I plan on giving this movie a chance. To assume something is just idiotic. That being said, James Cameron's film had a human villain with Paul Reiser. Does anyone think Ridley Scott will also have a human villain in this film ?

TheAncientEnemy

If you take away the chest bursting scene and some of the language, Alien could be PG-13 by today's standards.

If Scott is given a lot of control then the PG-13 rating won't destroy my hopes. Honestly, did the R-rating (arguably the most-hyped aspect) of AVPR really help the film at all? It sucked just as bad as the first one for an entirely new set of reasons.

If they get someone else to direct it or it is made in any way apparent that Scott is not involved with the project then there is no reason to think it won't be trash. However, until he drops out he will remain my glimmer of hope for this project.

frankaster

@Hmmmm  but she will have a power suit or in a cgi powerloader that hasbro is going to convert into child's toys then into profit and fox will be happy :-\
but seriously i give a dam about rating, the dark night was a great film and it was pg-13 but there tons of slasher flicks that suck beyon reason.

frostedone

I have faith in Scott. Even if it is PG 13, it is the script and acting that really matter. I would prefer an R rating, but I could sacrifice gore and swearing for a good enough plot. (I would rather have both though!)

Mitza17

Mitza17

Although i like Natalie P. as an actress,Noomi Rapace would make a better lead role in a horror sci fi movie with lurking silhouettes in the dark blue fog.As for the Pg-13...i think most of us would rather go for an RRR.Oh, and if the prequel is set for release in summer 2012,i hope the apocalypse would happen afterwards or else  :'(   ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed