Predators Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Jul 11, 2010, 08:03:52 PM

Author
Predators Box Office Figures (Read 14,471 times)

cabbageheat

cabbageheat

Marketing is a factor too.  Not only do they have to, at least, break even on the production budget, but the marketing budget is easily another 10 million give or take.  So...the jury is still out.  Seems like they are on their way though.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Why do people keep coming out with crap about PREDATORS being the sequel to the original Predator movie!!  Even Rodriguez has said his movie is a stand-alone film only based on it, Predator 2 is the sequel wether you like it or not... DEAL WITH IT!!!

novaats

novaats

I really enjoyed it I have to say - it's not amazing but it is very good and I'm definitely up for seeing it again. Anyone else think Hanzo is still alive? He was a fantastic character. I'd definitely be up for a sequel - would like to see them go more epic kind of like how Pitch Black was to Riddick. I'd like to see more of the galaxy, more of the clans etc.

@ RoaryUK:

Where did Rodriquez say it was a stand-alone film?? Judging by the waterfall scene, I'd say this is definitely a sequel... Isabelle reiterated the whole plot for the first movie! I think what Rodriguez probably said is that you dont necessarily have to see the original to understand this one... making it a "stand-alone" film.

akafighter408

akafighter408

I noticed classic predator summoned his ship with his wrist band, then when the super predator blows it up he uses his wrist band. So does that mean the super predators and the classic where ridding in the same ship? Anyone else notice this?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

@Annonymous   Well first of all, my apologies, it was actually director Nimrod Antal who said Predators was a "stand alone film".  The excerpt (below) is from an earlier interview with him in L.A. Times back in march:

"They are all predators in their own right and they are at each others throats. We're expanding the mythology but we're also making a stand-alone film. And, I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but when it comes to imagery that not one of the previous can come close to. I'm very proud of the way the film looks."

Meanwhile, another earlier another interview around the same time, on video this time with Robert Rodriguez, confirms his ideas for the film, in which he CLEARLY says:

"The idea with the film was to not make it feel like the 5th or 6th in a series, but the first.  It's really just a reboot or a reimagining or however you wanna call it, it just feels like you're watching the series for the first time"

That interview can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVO3vqZ7Xs

Now, I dont care what country your from or what language you speak, but reboot, reimagining or the first in a series, whatever... they ALL mean the same thing.  Rodriguez even says it's not part of the series, how much proof do people want for Christ's sake!!!.  

On a personal note, though I've been critical of how this film came about, I actually enjoyed Predators.  It is a bit of a rip-off of the original Predator movie, ok sure, but obviously part of the intention was to go back and do it all again as a kind of homage.  Yet there was a suprising amount of originality about Predators, the new creature designs and their hunting breed were excellent, there was just enough action to keep it satisfying and, unlike Predator which often felt like a war film with an alien in it, Predators never deviates from it's roots, maintaining the tension through-out.  Unfortunately, the one thing that made Predators come unstuck was the one thing Rodriguez should have got right even at a cost but didn't... the sets.  I mean the characters just don't look like they're in an alien enviroment at any point, some scenes are even laughable because you just know so can't imagine.  And so, despite some very good acting, particularly from Brodie, impressive predator effects that beat AvP hands down and some exceptionally fast-paced directing from Nimrod Antal, what should have been fundamental ended up holding the film back.  A fatal flaw that plagued the movie from begining to end, even in the dark, which is such a shame because this movie could have been a big winner.  

Even so I gave it 4/5. It still took me by suprise.

ninashi

ninashi

I LOVE this film, maybe even more than the first one.
I've seen it four times already and itching to see it even more.I've also been watching my fave bits online..hahaha, but i am def supporting the film while it is sowing, so I don't feel I a doing anything wrong by watching it online as well.
I have also got the DVD on order at amazon, so there.
:)

CJ@mes

CJ@mes

Was VERY happy with the movies turn out! It wasn't perfect, but it was a satisfying new entry for sure. A little insight concerning the Pred battle....We all saw the Beserker woop the shit out of our classic predator right?? Just consider that the classic had been strung up without food or water for god knows how long....he was doomed from the start. I think he/it deff. held its own though. Of course he was killed...any being malnourished like that wouldn't really stand a chance against someone who was fully primed.  :)

CJ@mes

CJ@mes

LOVED the movie!!! Not perfect but deff. a worthy entry!

@RoaryUK

@RoaryUK

What they mean is that anyone can understand this film without having seen the original... making it a "stand alone" film. Youre taking it too literal. What he means to say is that theyre treating this as the first movie so everyone feels up-to-speed. If they completely ignored the original, than they wouldnt have had the waterfall scene where Isabelle describes the first movie in detail.

Predator Warlord

Predator Warlord

I'm going to see it again today with my dad and sisters last time i saw it was with my best friend

Predator Warlord

Predator Warlord

@ akafighter408 the reason why the berserk predator blew up the original predators ship was because he rigged it just in case he escaped.

As for RoaryUK if it was a remake they wouldn't have had the waterfall scene where Isabelle describes the first movie in detail. She explains how dutch survived the Predator by covering him self up with mud

Predator Warlord

Predator Warlord

Some people don't pay attention to detail I bet you all didn't know that stickman creature was inspired by the original Predator design it was a throw back that a recycled concept

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51196

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Good to know that the movie is doing well at the box office.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

@Predator Warlord   Ahhh yes, the waterfall scene.  I actually missed that first time round lol.  I still don't recall Isobelle actually mentioning the name "Dutch", just an incident that took place at that time.  Sure makes you wonder though doesn't it, how Antal (director) insists Predators is a "stand alone movie" while Rodriguez (producer) talks about it being a homage to the original, then they confuse the issue even more by including a related scene... It would be nice if someone came out and cleared this up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed