More Alien Anthology Details

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 25, 2010, 11:33:13 PM

Author
More Alien Anthology Details (Read 4,916 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

More and more news has been steadily trickling out regarding the upcoming Blu-Ray boxset for Aliens. Forum member, coolshow, recently uncovered this little nugget:

“Additionally, according to the print edition of the UK movie magazine Empire,  this release is being produced by Charles De Lauzirika, who is behind  the BD releases of most of the movies directed by Sir Ridley Scott,  including the monumental five-disc Blade  Runner. De Lauzirika said that, while the Quadrilogy DVD was  already very comprehensive, this Anthology Blu-ray set will blow it out  of the water, with new extras and commentaries. Also, a new sound mix  has been done for the extended edition of Alien 3, which involved  bringing back some of the cast to reloop their dialogue.”

That’s a big promise considering just how amazing the Quadrilogy was. The original article also talks of a teaser trailer for the set being attached to the Blu-Ray of Minority Report. If you ever needed reason to get a Blu-Ray player, this is it.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

"Also a new sound mix has been done for the extended edition of Alien 3, which involved bringing back some of the cast to reloop their dialogue"  Man that news alone makes this release a must have, such an underrated movie, makes you wonder why they didn't do it in the first place instead of rusihing the DVD onto the sheleves.  Of course we known why don't we, and that's FOX for you lol. This is the BEST news EVER, you guys agree!!

Firestorm

Firestorm

For me, the main point with this new set is the (Hopefully) frame by frame restoration of Aliens, with DTS-HDMA. Really hoping this is gonna be the real deal for the definitive Aliens experience.

Cutch

Cutch

All order. Don't own BluRay, but interested to hear the reviews nonetheless.

m138jewski

m138jewski

f**king great news, can't wait

Ash 937

Ash 937

I don't own a Blu-Ray player...but if this box set is half as good as they claim it is, I will definitely make a purchase soon.

alpha defekt

alpha defekt

Ah. My Christmas gift can't get to me soon enough. :(

skull-splitter

This time around, I'll wait another 4 years...

Sounds great! Now, if we could just get Fox to redo the special effects for Alien 3 it would be MONUMENTAL! I love that flick, but the effects in numerous scenes just look so DATED now!

Jay Thomas

Jay Thomas

I LOVE extended Alien 3! This is great news!! Oh wait I don't have a Blu Ray player.... 8)

Architect3D

Architect3D

1080p alien action? CANT WAIT FOR IT! with possible extras? WoW!

EliteStick

EliteStick

Dang, guess I'm buying a bluray player! Excellent news!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed