John Debney to Score Predators

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 26, 2010, 06:18:53 PM

Author
John Debney to Score Predators (Read 20,359 times)

Starkiller

Starkiller

to avp kick ass. listened to the Komodo soundtrack u just posted, theres definitely similarities to the predator, however it would of been good to get someone better and do something new with the franchise.

the avp movies have done the nods to the past movies, lets do something new, exciting, bold and different. have to wait and see how this film turns out.

Starkiller

Starkiller

im not too fussed on a trailer just yet, however it would be good if they release some professional production stills so we can get a vibe and feel of the movie and maybe release abit more info too

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

To AvP Kicks Ass,

Rodriguez has said he wanted his film to have NOTHING to do with Aliens vs Predator, given the harsh receptions which the AvP films have garnered and he's said that he was ignoring Predator 2, AvP, and AvP-R.

He's actually gone as far not to use ADI, even though they are contractually attached to doing Alien, Predator and AvP films, he's dodged using Ian Whyte, and now Tyler..

Fans wanted Silvestri, but, I don't know.. we'll see.

One thing about Brian Tyler is that he does awesome scores. He's used themes from Alien, Aliens, Alien Resurrection and Predator in the AVP-R soundtrack and made the music quite epic. Even if the movie was less than well recieved.

He also did a good job on the Dragonball movie soundtrack.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Thanks AvP Kick ass. The komodo def sounded very Predatorish. Give it a listen people if u haven't already.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Why do people want Bryan Tyler doing this?

It was a mediocre score,not to mention the fact that some of it was ripped from Alien:Resurrection.

PredEye

PredEye

John Debney is an awesome composer and I think quite a bit higher profile than Brian Tyler. He's done some pretty epic stuff, and can do horror/thriller to a T.

Watch End of Days and see how impressive the music is. I think Debney could do a superb job simply with his own stuff, and if he uses the original Predator motifs it'll simply be the icing on the cake.

INVISIBLE HUNTER

INVISIBLE HUNTER

I was hoping for silversti, but lets wait and see what this guy can do. I hope he does use the theme and mixes his own style into it. The predator soundtrack stands out for me, silversti has stamped his mark on it. Mr Debney please please dont mess this up, i think uve got a big job on your hands. Can you live up to the expectations of the fans. the soundtrack for predators has to be written to perfection, its imperitive to get this right.

Man THERES IS NOTHIN WORNG WITH PREDATOR 2 , i think it was good as the first one

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Finally got around to listening to the Komodo soundtrack..

It doesn't sound very Predator to me.. I'm sorry.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Why can't this just be Predaotr 3. I love both Predator and Predator 2. Idk and does anyone else think that there is a major plot hole???? Now these are Super Predators right? Like tougher and bigger then any Predator we have ever seen. And theres 3 of them. So why are they kidnapping humans and putting them at a disadvantage??? Shouldn't these Predators hunt on Earth for a challange? Putting the lion in the city instead of going to the jungle and hunting it there doesn't sound very sporting to me

x-M-x

x-M-x

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

serious what is the problem ? why cant they just get alan silvestri??? what the hell is the problem? oh i know why..... because alan silvestri is expensive (but worth it) and john debney is just in there budget

Xenomorphine

That above link for 'Komodo' is interesting... Based on that, I think this guy has the potential to do a good soundtrack for this particular species. It's dark and tribal.

This is, by far, the most important news we've had yet. We now know the emotional tone this could take.

XxsilenthunterxX

XxsilenthunterxX

i dont wanna start nothing but lets be honest this is BS news compare to what we are ALL waiting for witch is for ATLEAST a teaser trailer.the movie comes out in about 3 months yet theres not even a teaser. will they wait a week be4 it is released to get something out??although there is word that a trailer "has been put together"..  sorry i dont mean to rant guys but predators to me are awesome  im a big fan of the movies and i want to see something :D

Mills

Mills

They are not ignoring Predator 2/AVP/AVP-R from continuity! The only people who are actually believing that are the ones who hates those movies. Rodriguez said he "hoped" the fans only followed Predator and this one, that doesn't mean from a story point it's restarting the series! And what if Predators sucks? Then I guess Predator 2, AVP, AVP-R, and Predators ALL don't count?! All the movies count: end of story.

Mills

Mills

P.S. The general Predators page on here is incorrect as well. Predators is a sequel as much as Predator 2 was, in that it "continues" the story of the Predator universe, but doesn't tie directly to the last installment. It's not like the Alien series. It's a reboot in the same way that Rambo was a reboot, NOT like Friday the 13th was a reboot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed