AvP Reviews Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2010, 03:53:24 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Round-Up (Read 17,391 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The game has been out a day officially and reviews have been steadily rolling in over the past week. I thought it might be time to give a round up on the front page. Since there’s less of these, I’ll start with the:

Negative Reviews

Positive Reviews

There are many more reviews out. The overwhelming majority of reviews are all in the positive region, usually scoring around 7 out of 10. Ikarop has created a comprehensive list of reviews that will constantly be updated as new reviews are released.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Good to hear, i was starting to have doubts

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

For me the reviews mean nothing, I think if you enjoy the source material you'll enjoy it, I really enjoyed predator:concrete jungle on xbox & star trek legacy on xbob360, both of which got pretty bad reviews, I'm sure I'm gonna love this.

Derp

Derp

Kinda annoying that the only real reason there are those negative reviews are because the people who reviewed them were either uneducated in the Alien/Predator universe or just that they were really bad at the game itself.

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

I bet not many people have an xbob360?
Of course I meant xbox360, still it's good most reviews are sounding positive though.

AVP kicks ass

AVP kicks ass

This game takes a while to immerse yourself into but after about the first half hour of playing the game you will find yourself loving every bit of the game. It is what the fans of the movies have always wanted but were let down by the two avp movies. It can settle the debate amongst your friend on who would win if an all out war broke out with Predators, Aliens, and Marines. The Campaign is a blast especially with the three separate campaigns in the game. The predator makes you feel like a tough ass person, while you feel freaking evil using the aliens crawling over walls decapitating, skull exploding, and tail piercing anything that stands in your way. And the Marine campaign is as scary as hell! Rebellion has created a game with the perfect feel from the predators great visions, the aliens hiss and wall crawling(which can get clunky feeling) and the sounds of all the marine weapons and their iconic motion sensor. The multiplayer aspect of the game is really enjoyable and will keep you coming back for more. I found the easiest way to get into it was to play as the marine and find better weapons. This game takes a while to catch onto online but once you get the hang of it you will be blast, stabbing, and decapitating your way with a grin on your face the whole time.

If you enjoyed the movies then do yourself a favor and pick up this game it will not disappoint.

I give this game an 8.5

sdfsdf

sdfsdf

this reviews are for PS3 and XBOX360  not pc

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

they aint so bad at all, nothing to worry about   :D      :D  

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Notice UK reviews are positive... thats all i care about, dont care what those Yanks say, its a game made in the UK.

AVP kicks ass

AVP kicks ass

GrimyGhost  thats why the story line is so damn epic well should have know I love you guys

So I just beat Aliens campaign and i thought it was awesome

That explains the Weyland Yutani commandos at the end of Alien 3 they were combat droids. This is why they shot Morris in the leg when bishop was hit in the back of the head with the wrench. They were protecting bishop cause they were programed to just like there programed to follow his orders in this game

Krio

Krio

Reviews mean nothing, but let me tell you this game isn't good like "AvP" and "AvP2".

The graphics are very poor for the PC version (they put console graphics on PC, nice move assholes), but the game and storyline is good   :)    

I give it a 7/10

"Paul Anderson" should have done that for a movie and not those shitty movies.

Ohh yeah I didn't find this game gore or violent and the AI are kinda stupid   :-\  

One more thing the compaigns are too short :(

mattjargon

mattjargon

I thi8nk it really takes a Aliens/Predator franchise lover/nerd to love this game. Hence why I like it and some of my friends just shrugged it off (the demo).

Spoon

Spoon

Rating is rating.  Theres no difference between pc and console other then graphics and controls.  They are not going to review the game based on those aspects alone.  Sure they said graphics are poor but that wont make the 5.5 a 8 rating.  Plus its only the power of the computer that is helping with the graphics.  When comparing to other computer games avp doesn't have all that great graphics.
  I find the lighting is poorly done on the console versions compared to the pc.  An easy fix would have solved it.

Krio

Krio

Spoon: there's A LOT OF difference between PC and console graphics, so don't tell me the're no difference, I work in computers and I work in 3D so don't tell me what is better or not...

Lamplight

Lamplight

One of the reviewers from my country said that the Predator Hunt MP mode is negligible as there are often not as many players as there should be, and that it usually boils down to just one or two marines running around...

What do you think about it?
Have you already played the mode?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed