Gamespot Reviews AvP

Started by Darkness, Feb 15, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

Author
Gamespot Reviews AvP (Read 17,020 times)

Darkness

Darkness

People usually go to two websites for their gaming reviews: IGN and Gamespot. IGN UK gave AvP a 8.5/10 last week and today Gamespot have added their review along with their video review. It’s not good news, I’m afraid. They scored it 5.5/10. Quite a stark contrast from IGN’s review. They liked the Trophy Kills, and some of the varied multiplayer modes like Infestation and Predator Hunt but they didn’t like the singleplayer campaigns at all. They said the levels were badly designed and the controls weren’t very good along with many other little problems.

It’s the little things that really drag the game down. Aliens vs.  Predator seems to be a well-meaning attempt at reinvigorating a  languishing series, but grotesque kills and some entertaining  multiplayer moments don’t cut it–not when so many slick and exciting  shooters are on store shelves, vying for your time. The attention to  detail, the well-considered level design, and the sense of momentum that  characterize the finest shooters are missing here. Aliens vs. Predator  is sometimes enjoyable but never escapes an overwhelming sense of  carelessness, so while it may remind you of the good old days, it fails  to recapture them.

In the past, Gamespot scored AvP2 8.7/10 and AvP1 8.3/10. IGN US have yet to put up their review. There’s another review on Bit-Tech (7/10) and GameReactor (6/10).

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

This is why i dont listen to Gamespots reviews.

bozer

bozer

I think money is involved. Sega just dont want to pay for reviews, thats all!

Blackvain

Blackvain

*spit*

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Based upon what platform?

And all the points mentioned in the review are really what I was afraid of when the title was announced.. Till date, all material surpassed my expectations, but it just could've been so f**king much more...

Jobe

Jobe

The footage was nice   ;D  

spychi

spychi

Ya rly

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

As has said by some others on avp galaxy I don't need reviews to tell me about this game, I'll make my own mind up, really been enjoying the demo and very much looking forward to playing the finished item this week.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Dont forget Gamespot was the only Site that game Twilight Princess a score below 9.0 in all of the online websites :)

After that back in 06 i never did trust there reviews.

spychi

spychi

i think it's because of the console version
meh don't trust reviewers

godsmacker

godsmacker

Gamespot sucks. They did almost the same thing to FEAR 2. Everybody else gave it 8/10. It is 100% money involved!

kaljo

kaljo

Geez lol. Why all the bad reviews? I think the game is awesome. They can`t have non fans testing the games or reviewing them..geez.  It`s gonna rock.!!!!!!!!!!!

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

f**k Gamespot, all their good reviewers went to GiantBomb.

And they left because Gamespot reviewed based off of corporate influence.

Corey

Corey

This game for me  10/10.

MongolianMisfit

MongolianMisfit

IGN US, GameInformer, and Gamespot are the most corporate videogame critics out there. If you want reasonable reviews go to Giantbomb, Kotaku, or 1up.

To me it seems like people who review this game without knowing and enjoying the source materials keep giving it low scores. And to be honest, reviewers can't seem to get their heads out of their "Modern Warfare 2" asses when reviewing first person shooters anymore. *cough* overrated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed